Author Topic: Iran Quds Force head Qassem Soleimani killed in Baghdad strike — Iraqi TV  (Read 15494 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
IRGC, Iranian Republic Guard I read are designated terror group, so, we could hit them because of that.

Yes, and I said that too, it was reckless for them to be in Baghdad near the airport. Maybe Soleimani played loose and paid for it this time.

Julie Lenarz
@MsJulieLenarz
Soleimani was a key architect of the industrial-scale killing in Syria. May the hundreds of thousands of innocent souls perished haunt his dreams in hellfire forever.

https://twitter.com/MsJulieLenarz/status/1212912490486620160

Anne R. Pierce
@AnneRPierce
#Baghdad DESPICABLE #CNN ... “Well Anderson, it appears US forces are to blame .. If Americans are to blame, this has the potential to escalate...” Anderson nods in agreement. So were US forces/America “to blame” for going after Bin Laden?

https://twitter.com/AnneRPierce/status/1212917892884369409

Real nice lady, Anne Pierce, these are some of the lesser known-names, they are very informed folks.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Not exactly cutting the head off the snake but damned close!

Shit got real tonight.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Shit got real tonight.

Who hasn't been expecting an escalation for some time now?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline TomSea

ELINT News
@ELINTNews
#BREAKING: Two US Department of Defence sources tell @Newsweek
 that Patriot air defence batteries in Bahrain have been put on alert posture- via @JimLaPorta

https://twitter.com/ELINTNews/status/1212939284803735552

Heshmat Alavi
@HeshmatAlavi
·
16m
Attack on the IRGC Base Shows the Iranian People’s Hatred for the Regime

"As tensions are escalating in the Middle East region, valiant youths in Iran have shown that the archenemy of the Iranian regime is its own people."
#Iran
#IranProtests
Attack on the IRGC Base Shows the Iranian People’s Hatred for the Regime
As tensions are escalating in the Middle East region, valiant youths in Iran have shown that the archenemy of the Iranian regime is its own people.
irannewsupdate.com

https://twitter.com/HeshmatAlavi/status/1212939640405139464

https://irannewsupdate.com/news/iranian-opposition/6737-attack-on-the-irgc-base-shows-the-iranian-people-s-hatred-for-the-regime.html

And the tweets go on and on, but a lot of good coverage.

Joyce Karam
@Joyce_Karam
Where could #Iran retaliate?

• Gulf states: US bases
• Gulf waters: tanks, US ships
• Iraq : US bases, Emb., oil companies
• Syria: US bases
• At Israel
• Lebanon: US embassy, at Israel
• Africa or Latin America or EU: through Hezbollah

Again, uncharted territory

https://twitter.com/Joyce_Karam/status/1212940355164889089
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 03:50:55 am by TomSea »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Victoria33

bkmk

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Who hasn't been expecting an escalation for some time now?

Yeah, but it's always been like the Free Beer:  Tomorrow!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

Steven nabil
@thestevennabil
What if the strikes were meant to stop a plan, this morning I was hearing from trusted sources close to the government leadership that they were worried of an Iranian backed plan by the Militias and Sulaimani to seize power and arrest the president and declare a new Iraqi norm.

https://twitter.com/thestevennabil/status/1212946023376490496

Sounds plausible, what if they, Soleimani and company were in Iraq to seize power?

M. Zuhdi Jasser زهدي جاسر
@DrZuhdiJasser
·
9m
And now from Damascus...

Assad is likely having a tantrum realizing his longtime Shia Islamist mafia boss is gone.

Well, one can hope... and if Putin grows tired of him the tides may turn in Syria again.

https://twitter.com/DrZuhdiJasser/status/1212947687844106241

Those people in power over there have created great hardship, it's unbelievable to read the stories of them just mowing down protesters in Iraq and Iran like they were nothing, Hundreds have died.  What about them?

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
CNN anchor Anderson Cooper compared Qassem Soleimani, the head of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps killed in an American airstrike on Thursday, to French president Charles de Gaulle, a leader of the French resistance against Nazi occupation during World War II.
"Soleimani is—it's difficult to convey how revered he is in Iran. Imagine the French Foreign Legion, at the height of the French empire. This guy is regarded in Iran as a completely heroic figure, personally very brave," CNN host Fareed Zakaria said.
"I was trying to think of somebody, and I was thinking of de Gaulle, although he became the leader of the country," Cooper said.

https://freebeacon.com/national-security/cnn-anchor-compares-iranian-general-to-french-war-hero/

Sad faces at CNN.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Soleimani was an enemy of the United States. That’s not a question.

The question is this - as reports suggest, did America just assassinate, without any congressional authorization, the second most powerful person in Iran, knowingly setting off a potential massive regional war?

— Chris Murphy (@ChrisMurphyCT) January 3, 2020

Eff you, Chris!

Two words:  'Disposition Matrix'.

Then get back to us.  I predicted that he might drop a missile down the Ayatollah's chimney in response to the Embassy attack.

THIS is much better.   Another terrorist dies at the hands of President Trump....screaming like a b*tch!  Blown to pieces, even!!!    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Offline bilo

It really is something to have a decisive POTUS after so many that couldn't make decisions or stand by them.

I'm sure the leftist will screech a lot and Iran will threaten us, but as Lindsey Graham pointed out they are very dependent on the oil refineries. I doubt this escalates. If anything Iranian leadership will rethink doing anything until they have a nuclear bomb.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online Wingnut

Eff you, Chris!

Then get back to us.  I predicted that he might drop a missile down the Ayatollah's chimney in response to the Embassy attack.

THIS is much better.   Another terrorist dies at the hands of President Trump....screaming like a b*tch!  Blown to pieces, even!!!    :laugh:

888high58888

Offline TomSea

Hill article this is sourced from is from May,2018 but still a bit relevant.

FAMILY BUSINESS: John Kerry's Secret Talks With Iran After Daughter Married Iranian National; Best Man Was Son Of Iran’s Secretary of State – True Pundit
by admin

Former Secretary of State John Kerry has fielded dozens of private meetings and phone calls in recent months in an effort to meddle with U.S. foreign policy in Iran, as President Trump has dropped $200 billion in sanctions against Iran.

Trump threatened retaliation against Iran over the holidays after Iran-backed protesters tried to overrun the U.S. Embassy in Iraq.

Kerry was the lead negotiator who handed Iran over $150 Billion in U.S. cash for what was then-spun as a Nuclear deal. Trump dissolved the supposed deal but Iran still kept the money, thanks to Kerry and his boss Barack Obama.

https://truepundit.com/family-business-john-kerrys-secret-talks-with-iran-after-daughter-married-iranian-national-best-man-was-son-of-irans-secretary-of-state/

And then, the link above, links to a Hill article:   https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/386310-kerry-quietly-discusses-efforts-to-save-iran-deal-with-foreign  , author Max Greenwood.

Offline TomSea

The first tweet actually has video of Iranian TV covering this!

Heshmat Alavi
@HeshmatAlavi
BEAUTIFUL!

Seeing #Iran's state TV reporter & IRGC weeping & sobbing after the killing of IRGC Quds Force chief Qasim Soleimani makes me smile.

Me:
Thank you @realDonaldTrump!

https://twitter.com/HeshmatAlavi/status/1213026046590754817

A lot more at that account, Heshmat Alavi is a true Iranian and on all of this stuff, probably calls for more change, is more conservative and obviously, more knowledgeable than me.  (  https://twitter.com/HeshmatAlavi  )

Travel - State Dept.
Travel - State Dept
@TravelGov
·
1h
#Iraq: U.S. citizens in Iraq or concerned about loved ones in Iraq can contact the Department of State at 202-501-4444 or toll-free in the U.S. at 888-407-4747. Avoid the U.S. Embassy in #Baghdad. Monitor local and international media for updates.

https://twitter.com/TravelGov/status/1213012981971374080

IOW,  US citizens get out of there.

Offline TomSea

Barzan Sadiq
@BarzanSadiq
#BREAKING
Ismail Qaani replaces Qasem Soleimani as new #IRGC's #Quds forces - Statement

https://twitter.com/BarzanSadiq/status/1213042189200171009

The name of the slain general, Soleimani, that seems to actually be a common last name over there. He was the legendary General but even in their military, there's another Soleimani. I'll let the Iranians and people in the know judge this.

John Bolton
@AmbJohnBolton
Congratulations to all involved in eliminating Qassem Soleimani.  Long in the making, this was a decisive blow against Iran's malign Quds Force activities worldwide.  Hope this is the first step to regime change in Tehran.

https://twitter.com/AmbJohnBolton/status/1213044218689720321

So, Bolton signs on on this as being good.

Too bad, the comments of more prominent conservatives often have leftwing trolls responding, I  usually skip the comments.

US flag on display here, see link, apparently in Iran!:

QuickTake by Bloomberg
HAPPENING NOW: Crowds gather in Kerman, the hometown of Iranian top general Qassem Soleimani, after he was killed by the U.S.

https://twitter.com/QuickTake/status/1213044996057812993

The Iranians seem to welcome all of this very much.  I really don't know about the crowd in the above news clip, I gather they'd be pro-Soleimani. I simply do not know.

I wonder where these tyraniccal regimes get their Soleimanis and so on. History repeats itself.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 11:53:32 am by TomSea »

Online mountaineer

WashPoo in mourning.
The Washington Post   @washingtonpost

Breaking news: Airstrike at Baghdad airport kills Iran’s most revered military leader, Qasem Soleimani, Iraqi state television reports
Pentagon launched airstrike that killed Iranian commander Qasem Soleimani, Defense Secretary Mark...
The killing of a senior figure linked to Tehran’s support for foreign proxy groups is certain to heighten tensions between the United States and Iran.
washingtonpost.com
8:24 PM · Jan 2, 2020
Is that like an austere religious scholar?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Lando Lincoln

I hope he had time to soil his uniform, if you know what I mean.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Lando Lincoln

John Steinbeck

Online Lando Lincoln

John Steinbeck

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Soleimani was an enemy of the United States. That’s not a question.

The question is this - as reports suggest, did America just assassinate, without any congressional authorization, the second most powerful person in Iran, knowingly setting off a potential massive regional war?

— Chris Murphy (@ChrisMurphyCT) January 3, 2020

Eff you, Chris!

I agree @DCPatriot .  Iran attacked us first and the world is a better place without Soleimani.  Congratulations to our military and to President Trump.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I agree @DCPatriot .  Iran attacked us first and the world is a better place without Soleimani.  Congratulations to our military and to President Trump.

:patriot:    :beer: 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online libertybele

:patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
It really is something to have a decisive POTUS after so many that couldn't make decisions or stand by them.

I'm sure the leftist will screech a lot and Iran will threaten us, but as Lindsey Graham pointed out they are very dependent on the oil refineries. I doubt this escalates. If anything Iranian leadership will rethink doing anything until they have a nuclear bomb.

This was a measured and proportionate response,  following the Embassy attacks.   The Iranians will be well advise to keep their response proportionate,  or even to accept it as tit for tat.   It is astonishing that our intelligence and military capabilities were able to pinpoint and destroy these two fiends without any collateral damage.   

I saw the Dems were crowing the other day about the Embassy attacks being Trump's Benghazi.   I guess Trump decided to handle things a bit differently.    It will be fascinating to see whether the Dems back the action or say things calculated to encourage the Iranian response.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide