Author Topic: Iran Quds Force head Qassem Soleimani killed in Baghdad strike — Iraqi TV  (Read 15528 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
This was a measured and proportionate response,  following the Embassy attacks.   The Iranians will be well advise to keep their response proportionate,  or even to accept it as tit for tat.   It is astonishing that our intelligence and military capabilities were able to pinpoint and destroy these two fiends without any collateral damage.   

I saw the Dems were crowing the other day about the Embassy attacks being Trump's Benghazi.   I guess Trump decided to handle things a bit differently.    It will be fascinating to see whether the Dems back the action or say things calculated to encourage the Iranian response.   

IMO, President Trump isn't finished with this yet.

If you can kill a general...you can kill an Ayatollah!   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

This was a measured and proportionate response,  following the Embassy attacks.   The Iranians will be well advise to keep their response proportionate,  or even to accept it as tit for tat.   It is astonishing that our intelligence and military capabilities were able to pinpoint and destroy these two fiends without any collateral damage.   

I saw the Dems were crowing the other day about the Embassy attacks being Trump's Benghazi.   I guess Trump decided to handle things a bit differently.    It will be fascinating to see whether the Dems back the action or say things calculated to encourage the Iranian response.   

Trump's response was PRESIDENTIAL!  His actions were prompt and decisive. Iran waved their middle finger at President Trump and the U.S. and that was a huge mistake and if they continue it will cost them Bigly.

As for the DEMS,  if their past performance is any indication, they will create a frenzy to try to divide the country on this. In reading various different 'twitter' responses of leftists  (Rubio's twitter page for example) they are crying foul -- that those serving are more in danger and Trump acted without Congressional approval ...blah ...blah ...blah
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Ah yes, the Patches O'Houlihan theory of foreign policy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZXHsNqkDI4 
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 01:44:48 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline libertybele

True.  We'll see how Iran responds. 

I'm not familiar enough with the ME politics ...should we be concerned with Russia reacting?? 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

True.  We'll see how Iran responds. 

I'm not familiar enough with the ME politics ...should we be concerned with Russia reacting??
https://www.timesofisrael.com/france-russia-and-china-condemn-slaying-of-soleimani-as-a-destabilizing-act/
France, Russia and China condemn slaying of Soleimani as a destabilizing act.

Proof enough for me that it was the right thing to do.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
In no small part, I'd gather Israel had some input on this. Israeli intelligence.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 02:16:56 pm by TomSea »

Offline kevindavis007

Very good news!
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline TomSea

Steven nabil
@thestevennabil
What if the strikes were meant to stop a plan, this morning I was hearing from trusted sources close to the government leadership that they were worried of an Iranian backed plan by the Militias and Sulaimani to seize power and arrest the president and declare a new Iraqi norm.

https://twitter.com/thestevennabil/status/1212946023376490496

This bears repeating, what was Soleimani and this other high government official doing thee?  It might have been to seize more power. It might have been also, to plan attacks on US servicemen or interests in the area. They did kill that one contractor, that was days ago. I still have heard exactly who he/she was yet.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

In no small part, I'd gather Israel had some input on this. Israeli intelligence.

From where are you gathering this @TomSea

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Five seconds on CNN "Trump is circumventing the national security policy making apparatus." Obviously unfamiliar with the term CIC.

Five seconds on furrowed brow MSNBC "Trump attacked a state figure of a country that we haven't declared war on."

Ten seconds was plenty.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Five seconds on furrowed brow MSNBC "Trump attacked a state figure of a country that we haven't declared war on."

We have designated the Quds Force as a terrorist agency.   That designation gave us the right to retaliate against its actions by decapitating its leader.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline PeteS in CA

Time for words from Sanders, Biden, Warren, Romney etc???

I haven't rooted around my usual news/commentary sites yet this AM, but I'm expecting at least a few Dems and maybe Amash, Flake, and/or Romney to call for this to be "investigated" or even for another shampeachment.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

All Views Welcomed, this pertains more to last night than anything now.... just saying, if one is "non-interventionist" and so on,  everyone's view (within reason) is welcomed.

On twitter, only about a week ago, there was video of us,  US troops passing Syrian troops on the roads in Syria. We have had some confrontation with Iranian forces in Iraq in the past, these never led to anything.

But now, it's worth considering, these same situations might not go so smooth now.

Some Iraqi intelligence may have aided in this episode as well. Did they get off the plane at Baghdad International Airport and we were notified of this? Seems possible.

This would be video of the strike. Not much extaordinary really to see:   

https://twitter.com/HeshmatAlavi/status/1213111130182356995

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Iraqi Militant Leader Warns Of ‘Upcoming Battle’ With US, Promises ‘Great Victory’
https://dailycaller.com/2020/01/03/iraqi-militant-qais-al-khazali-battle-great-victory/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline PeteS in CA

This was a measured and proportionate response,  following the Embassy attacks. 1.  The Iranians will be well advise to keep their response proportionate,  or even to accept it as tit for tat. 2.  It is astonishing that our intelligence and military capabilities were able to pinpoint and destroy these two fiends without any collateral damage. 3. 

I saw the Dems were crowing the other day about the Embassy attacks being Trump's Benghazi. 4.  I guess Trump decided to handle things a bit differently.    It will be fascinating to see whether the Dems back the action or say things calculated to encourage the Iranian response. 5. 

1. Exactly. Suleimani had had one of his proxy groups invade US territory and was on Iraqi soil in the company of a leader of the invading group.

2. Were the Iranians rational, they would swallow it as one of their leaders having stuck his - and Iran's - neck out way too far. 3. And realize that poking the "bear" further would be unwise. But it is Iran.

4. Even without this event their discomfiture would be delicious. 5. I seriously expect at least a few of the less rational among Congressional Dems - Mad Maxine? Not-So-Sharp Al? Schifftyroo? Swillwell? AOC? Ilhan Omar? Rashida Tlaib? - to howl for Trump to be impeached over this or forcibly removed from the WH.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘Crush the economy’: Graham urged Trump to target Iran’s oil refineries following Soleimani's death
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/crush-the-economy-graham-urged-trump-to-target-irans-oil-refineries-following-soleimanis-death
Support the USO

Offline PeteS in CA

As I anticipated (I have an occasional grasp of the grossly obvious):

Congressional Democrats Denounce Killing of Soleimani: Trump is Bringing U.S. to ‘Brink of an Illegal War’

Sen.Tom Udall (D-NM) claimed that Trump is “bringing our nation to the brink of an illegal war with Iran with no congressional approval.”
Sen. Tom Carver (D-DE) noted that the Trump administration has “chosen rash provocation over any coherent strategy” and expressed fear that this most recent act may be more of the same echoing earlier comments by Sen. Chris Murphy (D-CT).
Rep. Andy Levin (D-MI) noted that he has “serious concerns about this President’s execution of a potential act of war without authorization of Congress.”
Ed Markey
✔
@SenMarkey
 Trump’s apparent assassination of Soleimani is a massive, deliberate, and dangerous escalation of conflict with Iran. The President just put the lives of every person in the region - U.S. service members and civilians - at immediate risk.

We need de-escalation now.

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1212907536833220608 …
And Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) responded to news of the attack by calling for a full accounting of the strike.

Mr. Udall and Mr. Levin, that's called leak prevention. Mr. Carver, it's called taking out a man who had invaded US soil and was responsible for killing thousands of US troops and God knows how many Syrians and other folks in the area. Mr. Markey it was taking out a man who was in the act of invading US territory and making war against the US. Mr. Blumenthal, yes! Investigate! Impeach! Jackass.

Offline aligncare

rose mcgowan
@rosemcgowan
Dear #Iran, The USA has disrespected your country, your flag, your people. 52% of us humbly apologize. We want peace with your nation. We are being held hostage by a terrorist regime. We do not know how to escape. Please do not kill us. #Soleimani

Rose McGowan, the Hollywood actresssss.

Now, ain’t she special... special kinda stupid.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
As I anticipated (I have an occasional grasp of the grossly obvious):

Congressional Democrats Denounce Killing of Soleimani: Trump is Bringing U.S. to ‘Brink of an Illegal War’
And Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) responded to news of the attack by calling for a full accounting of the strike.

Mr. Udall and Mr. Levin, that's called leak prevention. Mr. Carver, it's called taking out a man who had invaded US soil and was responsible for killing thousands of US troops and God knows how many Syrians and other folks in the area. Mr. Markey it was taking out a man who was in the act of invading US territory and making war against the US. Mr. Blumenthal, yes! Investigate! Impeach! Jackass.

Screw Congressional Democrats and the horse they rode in on!

In fact, A lot less Congressional Democrats should be the order of the day!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdinVA

‘Crush the economy’: Graham urged Trump to target Iran’s oil refineries following Soleimani's death
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/crush-the-economy-graham-urged-trump-to-target-irans-oil-refineries-following-soleimanis-death
If your going to attack, go for the head, not the tail.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

https://www.timesofisrael.com/france-russia-and-china-condemn-slaying-of-soleimani-as-a-destabilizing-act/
France, Russia and China condemn slaying of Soleimani as a destabilizing act.

Proof enough for me that it was the right thing to do.

Thanks for your input.

Offline libertybele

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘A flag is not a strategy’: Top Obama aide blasts Trump for killing Soleimani
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/a-flag-is-not-a-strategy-top-obama-aide-blasts-trump-for-killing-soleimani
Support the USO