Author Topic: Williamson lays off entire campaign staff (update: withdraws from race)  (Read 658 times)

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elections-2020/williamson-lays-off-entire-campaign-staff/ar-BBYywqt?ocid=spartanntp

by Max Greenwood The Hill       
56 mins ago

Best-selling author Marianne Williamson has laid off her entire campaign staff, according to two sources close to the campaign.

The longshot Democratic presidential hopeful will continue to seek her party's nomination. But she'll do so without a staff behind her. Manchester, N.H.-based television station WMUR first reported the mass layoffs on Thursday. Williamson, an author and celebrity spiritual adviser, has been campaigning for the Democratic nomination for nearly a year. But she has struggled to break out of the lower tier of the primary field, often failing to register in national polls.

(excerpt)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 07:39:12 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Williamson lays off entire campaign staff
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 11:39:24 pm »
Oh, darn.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 11:49:27 pm »
Boy just about to post this as well.

Marianne Williamson lays off campaign staff nationally

Washington (CNN)Democratic presidential candidate Marianne Williamson has laid off her campaign staff nationally, a former staffer confirmed to CNN Thursday.

Former New Hampshire Rep. Paul Hodes, who was one of Williamson's two paid staffers in New Hampshire, said he and the other staff were no longer with the campaign.
The layoffs, first reported by CNN affiliate WMUR, signal Williamson's unorthodox White House bid may be winding down as the author and spiritual adviser has failed to gain meaningful traction in the crowded Democratic primary after missing recent debates.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/02/politics/marianne-williamson-campaign-staff-2020/index.html
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2020, 12:10:08 am »
A pity.  Other than that chin, she's a cutie.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2020, 12:41:40 am »
The news is not that she laid off her staff, but that she did it through transcendental meditation. She emitted an aura that allowed all the staff members to imagine themselves without jobs. 

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2020, 12:49:56 am »
Maybe she got a good deal from Amazon on bulk Ouija boards?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2020, 12:52:24 am »
Who?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2020, 01:15:39 am »
This was the new age weirdo one right?
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2020, 01:21:30 am »
Is she available?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2020, 01:27:48 am »
Is she available?

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2020, 01:29:13 am »
Is she available?

Could be.  I was hoping she would hire me on as an overpriced Campaign Manager.  Now my hopes for all that loooove are dashed.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2020, 01:31:47 am »
Could be.  I was hoping she would hire me on as an overpriced Campaign Manager.  Now my hopes for all that loooove are dashed.

Uh huh

888mouth
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2020, 01:43:40 am »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2020, 01:44:09 am »
Uh huh

888mouth

Fortunately, my hopes of being killed by an angry wife were dashed, too. 
I will NOT comply.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2020, 02:00:05 am »
Fortunately, my hopes of being killed by an angry wife were dashed, too.

I can sooo relate.

In my case it would be paradise lost by a dashed bored wife.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2020, 01:52:33 pm »
The longshot Democratic presidential hopeful will continue to seek her party's nomination.
Thank the Life Orbs of Eris!!!

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2020, 02:29:24 pm »

I thought about voting for her in the primary..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2020, 02:39:01 pm »
Look again. Get away from the cheesecake, and there's some hard lines in that face.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2020, 03:10:14 pm »

I thought about voting for her in the primary..

Where I am, you have to be a Democrat to vote for her in a Primary.
I will NOT comply.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2020, 03:20:21 pm »
Where I am, you have to be a Democrat to vote for her in a Primary.

In my state you don't have to be. Also, I suspect they will not be changing the rules as well.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2020, 04:03:35 pm »
FWIW she outlasted Castro and some others whose names I've forgotten.

I voted for Bernie the last time and probably will again - he seems in the best position to unleash the most chaos...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2020, 05:06:17 pm »
Look again. Get away from the cheesecake, and there's some hard lines in that face.

I would not be tough on her for that, I have lines of my own.  I was just comparing her to, say, Amy Klobachar or Lieawatha.  Tulsi Gabbard is cute, too, but I understand she's not as good-looking up close.  I'd probably detest them both if I ever actually met them.  :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2020, 05:18:54 pm »
I would not be tough on her for that, I have lines of my own.  I was just comparing her to, say, Amy Klobachar or Lieawatha.  Tulsi Gabbard is cute, too, but I understand she's not as good-looking up close.  I'd probably detest them both if I ever actually met them.  :shrug:
The media are kinder with their cameras and lighting to those whom they support. Low angle lighting emphasizes irregularities, folds, and wrinkles, straight on lighting washes them out.
They have ever been that way. You can make someone look like an angel or demon just by changing the lighting and camera angles.

C S Lewis

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2020, 06:30:45 pm »
FWIW she outlasted Castro and some others whose names I've forgotten.

I voted for Bernie the last time and probably will again - he seems in the best position to unleash the most chaos...

I thought about doing it but I changed my mind

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2020, 08:21:25 pm »
As long as she doesn't sell off her crystals and essential oils, she'll be fine.
The Republic is lost.