Author Topic: Obituaries for 2020  (Read 96073 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Obituaries for 2020
« Reply #500 on: April 06, 2020, 05:29:48 pm »
She also became a writer:

‘Nun’s Story’ actress and biographer Patricia Bosworth dead at 86
By Storm Gifford   New York Daily News |  Apr 04, 2020

Patricia Bosworth, the renowned author who penned several biographies of Hollywood’s biggest stars after abandoning an acting career, is dead at 86.

Bosworth died Thursday in New York City from pneumonia brought on by coronavirus, her stepdaughter Fia Hatsav told The New York Times.

One of her most notable early movie roles was that of a hesitant postulant who discontinues her vocation in the 1959 drama “The Nun’s Story.”

Read more at:  https://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/ny-patricia-bosworth-dead-at-86-20200404-c6rsv6govbhxlfjw3xszjnakhi-story.html

They were Nuns in Congo and by the end of the movie, they face the Nazis in Belgium. I forget exactly what this woman's role is but I have seen the movie with Audrey Hepburn.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #501 on: April 06, 2020, 05:37:01 pm »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline TomSea

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #503 on: April 06, 2020, 09:46:42 pm »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

« Reply #504 on: April 07, 2020, 02:16:17 am »
Bobby Mitchell, former Cleveland Browns and Washington Redskins star, dies at 84
Jim Reineking, USA TODAY

Former Cleveland Browns and Washington Redskins star Bobby Mitchell, one of the premier offensive players of his era, died Sunday afternoon, the Pro Football Hall of Fame announced. He was 84.

"The entire Pro Football Hall of Fame family mourns the passing of Bobby Mitchell," Hall of Fame President & CEO David Baker said in a statement. "The Game lost a true legend today. Bobby was an incredible player, a talented executive and a real gentleman to everyone with whom he worked or competed against. His wife Gwen and their entire family remain in our thoughts and prayers. The Hall of Fame will forever keep his legacy alive to serve as inspiration to future generations."

Mitchell, a four-time Pro Bowl selection who excelled at two different positions, played four seasons for the Browns before he was part of one of the most famous trades in NFL history. The swap to the Redskins also meant a position change for Mitchell, who played flanker in Washington and led the NFL in receiving yards in his first two seasons with the team.

Read more at:  https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bobby-mitchell-former-cleveland-browns-and-washington-redskins-star-dies-at-84/ar-BB12cfg0

Big time player, rest in peace.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #505 on: April 07, 2020, 03:39:15 am »
Big time player, rest in peace.
I remember at the time reading about the signing of Mitchell with the Redskins. The owner of the Redskins, George Preston Marshall, was one of the worst owners around. He was like those baseball owners in the American League who refused to hire or trade for black players.
Which cost the Redskins plenty. The Redskins was the last team in the NFL to sign a black player, Mitchell.
By the sixties, any sports team in any of the three major sports leagues (baseball, football, basketball) who didn't play black players was condemning their teams to be losers. Only the Yankees could get away with hardly playing black players i.e. Elston Howard because they corralled the best white players and had a deal with Kansas City to take their best white players.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #506 on: April 07, 2020, 07:04:23 am »
James Drury, star of NBC's long-running Western series 'The Virginian,' dies at 85

James Drury, who played the gruff title character of NBC's "The Virginian," has died. He was 85.

Drury's assistant, Karen Lindsey, confirmed the news to USA TODAY, writing that he died early Monday morning at his home in Houston, Texas, of natural causes.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/tv/2020/04/06/james-drury-star-nbc-western-series-the-virginian-dead-85/2955966001/

Great memories watching tv westerns  as a kid with my Dad.  Rest in peace, Mr. Drury.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #507 on: April 07, 2020, 01:27:05 pm »
Honor Blackman, Star of 'The Avengers' and 'Goldfinger,' Dies at 94?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/honor-blackman-dead-goldfinger-avengers-actress-was-94-950932

@Applewood

94?

WOW! Time really does fly when you're not paying attention,doesn't it?

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Applewood

« Reply #508 on: April 07, 2020, 02:39:01 pm »
@Applewood

94?

WOW! Time really does fly when you're not paying attention,doesn't it?

@sneakypete

I still picture her as bleep Galore.  But then again I'm an old lady.   When we get older, we remember stars as they were when they were young.  If we saw them today, we would say, OMG, what happened?    LOL

Edited to add:

Well, I've been edited.  Ok, Mods, thanks.   Kinda sad because at one time that name meant a cat.   LOL
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 02:51:23 pm by Applewood »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #509 on: April 07, 2020, 02:39:33 pm »
‘Unicorn Killer’ Ira Einhorn Dies In Prison At 79
By CBS3 Staff
April 3, 2020 at 5:19 pm
A killer in P.C. clothing
by Michelle Malkin
Creators Syndicate
July 25, 2001

A BEAUTIFUL young woman vanishes. For months, her family searches in vain. They suspect her boyfriend, a secretive and arrogant older man who is active in public life. But his friends, including many famous members of the political and cultural elite, refuse to believe that their charismatic chum could be a suspect in any criminal wrongdoing. Frustrated with the police’s lack of progress, the missing woman’s family hires its own private investigators.

And waits and waits and waits for the nightmare to end.

Chandra Levy and Gary Condit? No, this is the tragic story of Holly Maddux and Ira Einhorn. New developments in the two-decade-old case barely registered a blip on the national media radar screen last week. That’s a crying shame. Holly Maddux deserves to be more than an afterthought. What makes this matter especially outrageous – and deadly instructive — is how Ira Einhorn remained a darling of the Left and a fugitive from justice for so long after Maddux was found. ...

Eighteen months after she went missing, detectives discovered her body stuffed and mummified inside a black steamer trunk hidden in Einhorn’s closet.

Maddux’s skull had multiple fractures and she had shrunk to less than 40 pounds. Experts say she was alive when she was forced into the trunk. Author Steven Levy wrote that when horrified cops informed Einhorn, who was waiting in his kitchen during the search, that the corpse looked like Maddux’s body, Einhorn coolly replied: “You found what you found.”

The peaceniks rushed to Einhorn’s side and insisted he was incapable of violence — let alone the monstrous evil that befell Maddux. A parade of liberal aristocrats lavished praise on the accused murderer at his bail hearing. And Einhorn had the best legal representative in town – former district attorney and soon-to-be-U.S. Senator Arlen Specter, who won an obscenely reduced bail for Einhorn of $40,000. Wealthy socialite Barbara Bronfman of the Seagram’s liquor empire put up the measly $4,000 bond needed to spring Einhorn out of jail in 1981 before trial.

Einhorn fled.  ...    Rest of article
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 03:57:36 am by Fishrrman »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #511 on: April 08, 2020, 03:05:50 am »
Tom Dempsey Placekicker

Thomas John Dempsey (January 12, 1947 – April 4, 2020) was an American professional football player who was a placekicker in the National Football League (NFL) for the New Orleans Saints, Philadelphia Eagles, Los Angeles Rams, Houston Oilers and Buffalo Bills. Unlike the "soccer style" approach which was becoming more and more widely used during his career, Dempsey's kicking style was the then-standard straight-toe style.[1]
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 08:50:39 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #513 on: April 08, 2020, 02:58:47 pm »
Losing John Prine is a big loss.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #514 on: April 08, 2020, 03:23:07 pm »
Losing John Prine is a big loss.

I'm devastated. I've been listening to his music for 40 years. What a loss.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline berdie

« Reply #515 on: April 08, 2020, 03:41:16 pm »
I'm devastated. I've been listening to his music for 40 years. What a loss.

Me too. RIP John and thanks for the tunes.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #516 on: April 08, 2020, 04:14:57 pm »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline TomSea

« Reply #517 on: April 08, 2020, 07:53:39 pm »
Shocker, Linda Tripp dead:   https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/apr/8/linda-tripp-clinton-sex-scandal-whistleblower-dead/?utm_source=onesignal&utm_campaign=pushnotify&utm_medium=push
Linda Tripp, Clinton sex scandal whistleblower, dead at 70

By Washington Times Staff - - Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Linda Tripp, whose phone recordings of conversations with Monica Lewinsky snowballed into the impeachment trial of then-President Bill Clinton, had died. She was 70.

Her daughter said she was on her death bed earlier this week, the New York Post reported.

Very sad to hear this. My...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 07:54:49 pm by TomSea »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #518 on: April 08, 2020, 07:59:42 pm »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #519 on: April 08, 2020, 08:00:29 pm »
Daily Mail says Miss Tripp had just been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.  How reliable the Mail is though  -- I don't know.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8201623/Monica-Lewinsky-tweets-wishes-Clinton-sex-scandal-whisteblower-Linda-Tripp-dying.html

Rest in peace, Miss Tripp.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #520 on: April 08, 2020, 08:17:31 pm »
Me too. RIP John and thanks for the tunes.

I must admit that the first thing that came to my mind when I heard of John's passing was "Please don't bury me down in that cold, cold ground... I'd rather have 'em cut me up and pass me all around..."

Made me smile a bit.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 08:33:05 pm by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online mountaineer

« Reply #521 on: April 08, 2020, 08:28:49 pm »

I wonder if Lewinsky ever admitted to herself Linda Tripp saved her life?
Seriously. Crossing the Clintons has proven fatal for many.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

« Reply #522 on: April 08, 2020, 08:36:30 pm »
8888crybaby

I doubt it, but it certainly could be true!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline berdie

« Reply #523 on: April 08, 2020, 08:59:10 pm »
I must admit that the first thing that came to my mind when I heard of John's passing was "Please don't bury me down in that cold, cold ground... I'd rather have 'em cut me up and pass me all around..."

Made me smile a bit.

Your post brought a smile to me. First one that came to my mind was That's The Way The World Goes Round.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #524 on: April 08, 2020, 09:34:54 pm »
8888crybaby

I don't know, but it seems Lewinsky showed class upon hearing Tripp was sick:

On Twitter on Wednesday, Ms. Lewinsky wrote: “no matter the past, upon hearing that linda tripp is very seriously ill, i hope for her recovery. i can’t imagine how difficult this is for her family.”