Author Topic: Obituaries for 2020  (Read 96300 times)

Offline Applewood

Re: Obituaries for 2020
« Reply #125 on: January 26, 2020, 09:23:30 pm »
Kobe owned and/or had driven the most exotic vehicles on the planet. 

But like everybody with "Go-to-Hell" money, why not buy your own flying machine...get a rush and get there without any hassle?

...just trying to add some context here.

I sure as hell wouldn't fault the guy for spending his money however he likes.  I don' know what the statistics are as to whether a helicopter or a car would be safer.  Seems to me I hear more reports of car crashes than I do of helicopters.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 09:45:21 pm by Applewood »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #126 on: January 26, 2020, 09:40:13 pm »
Kobe owned and/or had driven the most exotic vehicles on the planet. 

But like everybody with "Go-to-Hell" money, why not buy your own flying machine...get a rush and get there without any hassle?

...just trying to add some context here.

@DCPatriot

You can't blame him for that. Who wants to be stuck in CA bumper to bumper traffic if they can avoid it?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #127 on: January 26, 2020, 10:47:17 pm »
Apparently heavy fog (unusual for the area) was a contributing factor. I'll wait for the investigator's report.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #128 on: January 26, 2020, 10:49:07 pm »
ABC reported all 4 of  his children died with him. That's been refuted, now reports say one of his daughters was with him. Seeing a lot of "we'll all remember where we were when Kobe died" posts. Uh, no.  *****rollingeyes*****

Publishing first/early is vastly more important to today's MSM than getting things correct. The current word is that Kobe and his daughter, the daughter's friend, the friend's parent, and the pilot are the ones who died.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #129 on: January 26, 2020, 10:58:52 pm »
Did Kobe have any information that could have implicated Hillary Clinton?  Killing all the passengers of an entire aircraft to neutralize the target is a hallmark of a Clinton hit.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #130 on: January 26, 2020, 11:01:25 pm »
Did Kobe have any information that could have implicated Hillary Clinton?  Killing all the passengers of an entire aircraft to neutralize the target is a hallmark of a Clinton hit.

Come here, Cyber.   22222frying pan

Offline PeteS in CA

« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 11:42:04 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #132 on: January 26, 2020, 11:48:51 pm »
That guy with the frying pan is getting a workout.  LOL

Offline corbe

« Reply #133 on: January 26, 2020, 11:53:59 pm »

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #134 on: January 27, 2020, 05:28:37 am »
One of the dead in the crash was longtime college baseball coach John Altobelli. Among other things, he coached Orange Coast College to four state titles and over 700 wins, and when he later managed in the Cape Cod League his players included Aaron Judge (Yankees) and Jeff McNeil (Mets).

He took a chance on me, kept me the whole summer. Him taking that chance on me, having me on his team, got me drafted.--Jeff McNeil.

Altobelli and Bryant apparently became friends after their daughters met and became friends.

RIP.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #135 on: January 27, 2020, 02:16:18 pm »
Photos and info about all of the dead at Daily Mail.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

« Reply #136 on: January 27, 2020, 04:42:39 pm »
Photos and info about all of the dead at Daily Mail.

@mountaineer

That's the kind of coverage I would like to see from US media.  Thanks for posting the link to the Daily Mail.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #137 on: January 28, 2020, 12:41:14 pm »
Bob Shane, Founding Member of Grammy-Winners The Kingston Trio, Dies at 85

Bob Shane, the last surviving member of The Kingston Trio, a celebrated Bay Area group who sparked the folk music revival in the 1950s, died Sunday (Jan. 26) of complications connected with pneumonia. He was 85.

Shane, Dave Guard and Nick Reynolds established the act in San Francisco in the 1950s, and produced hit after folk hit with seventeen songs impacting the Hot 100, and another 11 titles on the Billboard 200 chart.

The Kingston Trio are best known for "Tom Dooley," which led the Hot 100 in November 1958 and earned the group one of two Grammy Awards, bagging the trophy for best country & western performance.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/obituary/8549417/bob-shane-kingston-trio-obit

@EasyAce
@Sighlass
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #138 on: January 28, 2020, 07:03:27 pm »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #139 on: January 30, 2020, 09:13:25 pm »
John Andretti
Member of auto racing royalty dies at 56

John was the nephew of open-wheel racing legend Mario Andretti and thus member of a prominent auto racing family along with several of his cousins. He had a diverse racing career that included IndyCar, NASCAR (his longest and most sustained racing circuit, racing for 18 seasons), hot rods and sports cars. He was the first to attempt Double Duty, the 1100-mile, two-race marathon that involves racing in the Indianapolis 500 and Coca-Cola 600 on the same day.

Andretti died January 30 after a three-year bout with colon cancer.

Obituary from Tegna

Wikipedia

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #140 on: January 30, 2020, 09:20:16 pm »
January 30, 2020 12:24PM PT
Fred Silverman, TV Executive Who Led Programming at ABC, CBS and NBC, Dies at 82
by Paula Bernstein   

Fred Silverman, the executive who became the only person in TV history to have headed programming for each of the Big Three broadcast networks, died Thursday at his home in the Pacific Palisades. He was 82.

Silverman died with his family by his side.

During his prolific career, Silverman was credited with helping to launch some of the most successful shows and miniseries of all time, including “All in the Family,” “The Mary Tyler Moore Show,” “Happy Days,” “The Waltons” and “Roots.” ...Full story at Variety

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #141 on: January 30, 2020, 11:47:41 pm »
Very few real geniuses on this planet. Silverman was one of them.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #142 on: January 31, 2020, 01:56:30 am »
Silverman compiled an impressive body of work.  Today's tv shows don't hold a candle to all the shows Silverman was involved in. 

Rest in peace.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #143 on: January 31, 2020, 02:10:43 am »
Jack Burns
Comic writer dies at 86

Burns (top) with Avery Schreiber

Burns built a long résumé in his comedy career, beginning with his early work as a double act with George Carlin in the early 1960s. That would be followed by his brief, and ill-fated, run as Warren Ferguson, the deputy sheriff initially tasked to replace Barney Fife on The Andy Griffith Show after Don Knotts left the program; Burns's run as Ferguson lasted less than half a season. He spent the next two decades focused mainly on writing and voice acting, continuing to rack up credits including Hee Haw, The Muppet Show (and The Muppet Movie), and the ABC late-night sketch series Fridays. He continued voice work through the 1990s.

Burns died January 27 after several years in senior care.

Obituary from The Wrap

Wikipedia

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #144 on: January 31, 2020, 02:14:19 am »
Silverman compiled an impressive body of work.  Today's tv shows don't hold a candle to all the shows Silverman was involved in. 

Rest in peace.
Let's just try and forget Supertrain, Pink Lady and Jeff, Hello Larry and Jean Doumanian. :laugh:

Ah, well. We all make mistakes.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #145 on: January 31, 2020, 03:11:58 am »
Let's just try and forget Supertrain, Pink Lady and Jeff, Hello Larry and Jean Doumanian. :laugh:

Ah, well. We all make mistakes.
And then he went on to atone for those with Hill Street Blues, Cheers, and St. Elsewhere.

But at least he didn't give us . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #146 on: January 31, 2020, 03:23:36 am »
Mike
@Doranimated
·
Jan 28
What a loss. “Just a Minute” was one of my favorites, not least of all because of the gentlemanly yet mischievous demeanor of Parsons. I had no idea how old he was. It’s amazing not just that he kept working in his 90s but in a format that required a quick wit.

https://twitter.com/Doranimated
Nicholas Parsons: 'Broadcasting legend' dies at 96 after short illness
    28 January 2020

Broadcaster Nicholas Parsons has died at the age of 96 after a short illness, his agent has confirmed.

Parsons had hosted Radio 4's Just A Minute since its inception in 1967.

"Nicholas passed away in the early hours of the 28th of January," said a statement issued by his agent Jean Diamond.

Nicholas Parsons was made a CBE in 2014

Read more at: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51278023?ns_linkname=news_central&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_mchannel=social

I really enjoyed "Just a minute",  though, I only heard it a few times. A true legend. RIP.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 03:25:03 am by TomSea »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #147 on: February 01, 2020, 02:08:04 pm »
Author Mary Higgins Clark, 'Queen of Suspense,' dead at 92
Publishing's “Queen of Suspense” has died
By HILLEL ITALIE AP National Writer
January 31, 2020, 11:01 PM

NEW YORK -- Mary Higgins Clark, the tireless and long-reigning "Queen of Suspense" whose tales of women beating the odds made her one of the world's most popular writers, died Friday at age 92.

Her publisher, Simon & Schuster, announced that she died of natural causes in Naples, Florida.  ...

Widowed in her late 30s with five children, she became a perennial bestseller over the second half of her life, writing or co-writing "A Stranger Is Watching," "Daddy's Little Girl" and more than 50 other favorites. Sales topped 100 million copies and honors came from all over, including a Chevalier of the Order of Arts and Letters from France or a Grand Master statuette back home from the Mystery Writers of America. Many of her books, like "A Stranger is Watching" and "Lucky Day," were adapted for movies and television. She also collaborated on several novels with her daughter, Carol Higgins Clark. ... Full story

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #148 on: February 01, 2020, 02:20:50 pm »
Sales topped 100 million copies and honors came from all over, including a Chevalier of the Order of Arts and Letters from France or a Grand Master statuette back home from the Mystery Writers of America.

That's  pretty damn impressive,I don't care who you are!

I will admit to having never read any of her books,though.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #149 on: February 01, 2020, 02:29:01 pm »
I’ve read a few. She wasn’t Agatha Christie, but she could write a book you read in a sitting and enjoyed.
RIP.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️