Author Topic: New in 2020: Another battle about transgender troops  (Read 294 times)

rangerrebew

New in 2020: Another battle about transgender troops
« on: January 01, 2020, 12:59:31 pm »
New in 2020: Another battle about transgender troops
By: Leo Shane III and Joe Gould  

The head of the House Armed Services Committee said he hopes next year to revisit legislation allowing transgender recruits to join the military, listing it among his top unresolved issues in the recently adopted defense authorization bill.

“Even if we know (Senate Armed Services Committee chairman) Sen. Jim Inhofe and Donald Trump won’t change their minds, do we want to take another run at it and how?” Rep. Adam Smith, D-Wash., said in an interview with Defense News last week. “We’ll be discussing that with a lot of people.”

House lawmakers last summer approved language in the sweeping, annual defense budget measure that would have overridden President Trump’s ban on transgender individuals joining in the military. But the proposal was dropped during negotiations, and the final policy bill included only some new studies on the potential impact of allowing them to join.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2019/12/30/new-in-2020-another-battle-about-transgender-troops/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: New in 2020: Another battle about transgender troops
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2020, 03:10:21 pm »
The head of the House Armed Services Committee said he hopes next year to revisit legislation allowing transgender recruits to join the military, listing it among his top unresolved issues in the recently adopted defense authorization bill.

Seems to me like that SOB is pleading for the voters to vote him out of office. I can only hope they take the hint.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2020, 11:44:56 pm »
Seems to me like that SOB is pleading for the voters to vote him out of office. I can only hope they take the hint.
Leave it to democrats to always look for a back end deal!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 12:30:18 am »
Nothing illustrates the lunacy of the rats and their party better than their fixation on the itty bitty portion of the population - I mean tiny - describing themselves as transgender.