Author Topic: The Official TBR Silliness Thread---2020  (Read 64801 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: The Official TBR Silliness Thread---2020
« Reply #425 on: June 17, 2020, 10:37:16 pm »

I love it! (Especially if it's true!)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline corbe

« Reply #427 on: June 18, 2020, 02:28:17 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #428 on: June 18, 2020, 02:35:11 am »
Nice!

Sounds like Atlas' shoulder is starting to drop a tad.....
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #429 on: June 18, 2020, 01:31:03 pm »

LOLOLOLOL...isn't that the truth!

Offline corbe

« Reply #430 on: June 19, 2020, 12:58:30 am »
Mini AOC

@RealMiniAOC · 5h

My teacher caught me cheating on a test. She tried to give me a detention but I tackled her, took her chalk & gave her an F. She’s been suspended without pay pending charges. My classmates set fire to the library & are demanding that we defund the school to make learning safer.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #431 on: June 19, 2020, 07:14:02 pm »

It's sad that it's a parody........................barely.

Offline corbe

« Reply #432 on: June 20, 2020, 02:02:15 pm »

Offline corbe

« Reply #433 on: June 20, 2020, 02:27:26 pm »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #434 on: June 20, 2020, 02:56:59 pm »
Sounds like Atlas' shoulder is starting to drop a tad.....

Who is John Galt?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #435 on: June 20, 2020, 09:24:44 pm »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #436 on: June 27, 2020, 05:39:45 pm »

Offline corbe

« Reply #437 on: June 28, 2020, 12:42:10 am »

Offline corbe

« Reply #438 on: June 28, 2020, 02:41:19 am »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #439 on: June 28, 2020, 10:52:21 am »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EdinVA

Offline corbe

« Reply #441 on: June 28, 2020, 05:26:08 pm »

Offline corbe

« Reply #442 on: June 30, 2020, 02:22:32 pm »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #443 on: June 30, 2020, 02:26:40 pm »

Last I saw, I still have a job!!!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline corbe

« Reply #444 on: July 01, 2020, 08:50:18 pm »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #445 on: July 02, 2020, 12:34:06 am »
 ****slapping

@corbe

I am guessing there is an interesting story behind that one.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #446 on: July 02, 2020, 12:42:00 am »
****slapping
@corbe

I am guessing there is an interesting story behind that one.
Had a friend who had two cars end up in his house before he moved. Perils of living on a corner where people 'backroaded it' from the bars.

Me, I'd have obtained some scrap drill pipe, sunk it in concrete about eight feet down and cut it off with about 4 feet sticking out and thrown a bollard cover over it, all the way around the corner, and listened for the crunch...

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #447 on: July 02, 2020, 12:50:00 am »
Had a friend who had two cars end up in his house before he moved. Perils of living on a corner where people 'backroaded it' from the bars.

Me, I'd have obtained some scrap drill pipe, sunk it in concrete about eight feet down and cut it off with about 4 feet sticking out and thrown a bollard cover over it, all the way around the corner, and listened for the crunch...

One of my old neighbors put a several-ton boulder on his lawn.  After a collision shot the boulder into his kitchen like a billiard ball, he added a 3-foot tall, 2-foot thick reinforced concrete curb up in front of the boulder.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #448 on: July 02, 2020, 12:53:35 am »
One of my old neighbors put a several-ton boulder on his lawn.  After a collision shot the boulder into his kitchen like a billiard ball, he added a 3-foot tall, 2-foot thick reinforced concrete curb up in front of the boulder.
Like a billiard ball is the appropriate analogy, too.
That's the reason to put 2/3 of the bollard in the ground. Around these parts the drill pipe would be 4 1/2" or 5" in diameter, with a 1/2 or better thick wall. It would take bending two if you spaced them right to even get enough of a ramp to go over. Not likely, 'cause I'd fill them with concrete, too.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #449 on: July 02, 2020, 01:04:47 am »
Like a billiard ball is the appropriate analogy, too.
That's the reason to put 2/3 of the bollard in the ground. Around these parts the drill pipe would be 4 1/2" or 5" in diameter, with a 1/2 or better thick wall. It would take bending two if you spaced them right to even get enough of a ramp to go over. Not likely, 'cause I'd fill them with concrete, too.

That is correct, and the billiard ball was exactly the analogy I was drawing.  A one ton car traveling at 35 MPH has enough moment to roll a three-ton boulder roughly 10 MPH (accounting for the energy required to overcome the Static Friction Coefficient).  The curb I described has at least half of it subterranean.  The city helped him build it.  They also added some nasty speed bumps leading to the intersection.  I always assumed the homeowner's brother was the Mayor.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 01:06:30 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: