Author Topic: BASEBALL 2020---LET'S GET IT ON!!  (Read 15964 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: BASEBALL 2020---LET'S GET IT ON!!
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2020, 06:47:16 pm »
@Bigun

I'd probably be right there too.  Haven't watched an NBA game in decades.  ...carjackers in shorts.

And because the Redskins have been league fodder for over a generation, haven't watched a set of downs in years.  Not even the Super Bowl.

Baseball is different.  It's peaceful where anything can happen.

Plus, It's Scherzer vs. Cole    :laugh:      'YOUR' Gerit Cole, Earl!!   LOL

I don't give a damn! The kneeling , BLM loving bastards can ALL KMA!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2020, 06:59:23 pm »
While the Cole/Scherzer match-up is intriguing, I will miss it.
I have a minor league game to go to tonight.
The 4 team, independent  "Energy league", at constellation field in Sugar Land, TX.

No, the have no BLM signs and they do not kneel during the National Anthem.
Tuesday, I saw "Team Texas" played.
Coached by Roger Clemens.
His 2 sons playing, Kobe on 2nd base and Kody on 1st.

Cool thing I saw:
sitting behind the dugout, I watch Roger Clemens instructing his starter on how he would grip certain pitches.
Roger still looks pretty good, like he could go a few innings.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2020, 07:34:50 pm »
@EasyAce

I'm calling bullsh*t!

I'll bet he's asymptomatic.  GD Vegas bookies.   9999hair out0000

I hope he is and has a speedy recovery time.

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2020, 07:48:57 pm »
I'm with @Bigun.  I love baseball but the game can go on without me.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2020, 08:16:27 pm »

I had already plenty of other reasons to blow off this game off permanently.  The BLM  signs at stadiums sponsored ironicly  by MLB, plus the other SJW onslaught?  Just the icing on the cake.

These stunts and tactics are going to kill this game.  And honestly, I don't give a shit.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2020, 01:27:22 am »
It will go one without me! I've seen my list pro game either live or on TV. The fact is that I hope MLB, the NFL, and the NBA all go bankrupt!
Like they even care. They've already written this year off as a loss. That's why they're doing this now. With the stands already empty, there's no worry about losing fans.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2020, 02:07:42 am »
Like they even care. They've already written this year off as a loss. That's why they're doing this now. With the stands already empty, there's no worry about losing fans.

If I see "Black Lives Matter on that pitchers mound when I tune it tomorrow, this fan has been lost forever.  For.  Ev.  Er.  Done.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2020, 02:16:35 am »
Ditto that. SF Giants were my team but with their new woke manager they can go suck wind.

The left ruins everything.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2020, 01:16:15 pm »
At our minor league game we went to last night, we saw Trei Cruz, the grandson of Jose Cruz, hit a single to right in the top of the 9th inning.
He was driven in by a home run.
That won the game for them 4-3.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2020, 01:19:40 pm »
I missed last night's MLB game, but what I saw on the news was that the players all took a knee for BLM.
This was before the anthem.
They all stood up for the National anthem.

MLB must have received some blow back from the fans, after the Giants and the Reds did their thing during the anthem.
Maybe they thought that this was a compromise?

Fenway has a 150 ft long billboard reading "Black Lives Matter" now.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2020, 01:22:33 pm »
I missed last night's MLB game, but what I saw on the news was that the players all took a knee for BLM.
This was before the anthem.
They all stood up for the National anthem.

MLB must have received some blow back from the fans, after the Giants and the Reds did their thing during the anthem.
Maybe they thought that this was a compromise?

Fenway has a 150 ft long billboard reading "Black Lives Matter" now.

They played baseball last night?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2020, 01:23:56 pm »

I heard a rumor to that effect.....

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2020, 05:44:19 pm »
Nope. They played 'politics' last night.
All major league sports in America have become an expression of politics.
Teams and players that you support are no longer a personal choice.
Teams and players are now a public political statement.
Kaepernick and his puppeteers in China must be proud of themselves.
They didn't change anything at all for the betterment of anything.
But they did kill Major League Sports.

With men competing as women, and all the teams wearing KKK...that is, BLM insignia, I can't see how they recover.
We all know what is next. Players will show up wearing Joe Biden/Nancy Pelosi uniforms. (why not?)
Or maybe the uniforms will have pictures of President Xi or Chairman Mao?
Once political uniforms, political ads, and political statements become an ingrained part of Sports, then Sports becomes formally a form of politics. Just as CNN and MSNBC are no longer considered 'news' but is rather pure Leftwing politics, Sports is no longer a form of 'entertainment'.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2020, 06:03:25 pm »
Nope. They played 'politics' last night.
All major league sports in America have become an expression of politics.
Teams and players that you support are no longer a personal choice.
Teams and players are now a public political statement.
Kaepernick and his puppeteers in China must be proud of themselves.
They didn't change anything at all for the betterment of anything.
But they did kill Major League Sports.

With men competing as women, and all the teams wearing KKK...that is, BLM insignia, I can't see how they recover.
We all know what is next. Players will show up wearing Joe Biden/Nancy Pelosi uniforms. (why not?)
Or maybe the uniforms will have pictures of President Xi or Chairman Mao?
Once political uniforms, political ads, and political statements become an ingrained part of Sports, then Sports becomes formally a form of politics. Just as CNN and MSNBC are no longer considered 'news' but is rather pure Leftwing politics, Sports is no longer a form of 'entertainment'.

Nicely put.  In a time where a diversion or a distraction to the viritrol and disease would be a morale boosting event, it has turned into a SJW / BLM brainwashing exercise.    I can not  explain how rabid, and knowledgable I was with my Astros during my 55 year obsession with this team.  From attending 100's of games, knowing stats like rain man,   hell even Jose Lima was yelling "Hey Catfish" in the stands when he saw me from the bullpen.  I was that emotionally invested in this team and this game.

But believe me, my divorce from the game is complete.  And I won't be back.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2020, 06:16:12 pm »
Nicely put.  In a time where a diversion or a distraction to the viritrol and disease would be a morale boosting event, it has turned into a SJW / BLM brainwashing exercise.    I can not  explain how rabid, and knowledgable I was with my Astros during my 55 year obsession with this team.  From attending 100's of games, knowing stats like rain man,   hell even Jose Lima was yelling "Hey Catfish" in the stands when he saw me from the bullpen.  I was that emotionally invested in this team and this game.

But believe me, my divorce from the game is complete.  And I won't be back.
Exactly.  I liked watching Baseball because, for three hours I can forget about all this political shit.  I am not likely to watch if that escape is taken away.  I gotta find a new Pastime, now that the old National one is ruined.  I'm tired of blacks, browns, rainbows constantly being in my face.

It's like the old saw about tyranny:  It's like having a boot on my face, forever.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2020, 10:55:51 am »
Marlins caught coronavirus... now the Cardinals caught coronavirus and the Field of Dreams game is cancelled.

The question is no longer, will this season end prematurely? The question is, will it even count?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2020, 11:12:43 am »
There were pictures last week of the Phillies Phanatic dancing and carrying on in an empty stadium during a game.

So frickin sad. And my favorite ball dog, isn’t working this year. He’s going to be catching balls in someone’s back yard. Not in a stadium
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2020, 04:06:45 pm »
There were pictures last week of the Phillies Phanatic dancing and carrying on in an empty stadium during a game.

So frickin sad. And my favorite ball dog, isn’t working this year. He’s going to be catching balls in someone’s back yard. Not in a stadium
@Gefn

It's weird for me thinking to myself, when somebody hits a home run into a section where there are cardboard cutouts of fans or other creatures (at one Mets game, there were cutouts in the right field seats of players' dogs), . . . and the cardboard goes wild!

Or---considering the day Atlanta's Adam Duvall hit a home run that bopped the cutout of Mets infielder Jeff McNeil's Alaskan malamute puppy right in the snoot and knocked the cutout back before it rebounded---baseball as a penny-arcade shooting gallery.

On the other hand, I'm still waiting for the poor sap among a stadium PA crew who inadvertently hits a surge on the wild crowd cheering . . . when the home team's batter gets hit by a pitch.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2020, 08:53:21 pm »
I'm so glad we're finally done with the extra innings runner on 2nd base rule.

Also ... Go Braves!! 
 :cheerlead:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2020, 11:14:21 pm »
I'm so glad we're finally done with the extra innings runner on 2nd base rule.

Also ... Go Braves!! 
 :cheerlead:
@Polly Ticks
From what I've seen, enough teams this postseason were so adept at stranding baserunners they could have had the free cookie on second to open the extras and still stranded them!

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Online rustynail

« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2020, 11:54:52 pm »
How about those Reds?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2020, 12:27:41 am »
@Polly Ticks
From what I've seen, enough teams this postseason were so adept at stranding baserunners they could have had the free cookie on second to open the extras and still stranded them!

"It's the Diamondback Way!"   As if they ever had a chance in 2020 after trading off all the good players.  It's as if they decided upfront to start "rebuilding."  Don't bother telling the fans, they're just the money end of the operation.
I will NOT comply.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2020, 12:29:45 am »
How about those Reds?

They'll probably still end up with a Cy Young winner, so at least they've got that going for them.  (Until he takes another 1 year deal somewhere else next year, anyway.)
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2020, 12:05:26 am »
@EasyAce

Can you tell us why the ALDS is being played in the Padres' home stadium in San Diego and not in New York or Tampa?

I can appreciate the warm weather being more suitable, but shouldn't the teams enjoy playing the games in their own parks?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2020, 12:29:05 am »
@EasyAce

Can you tell us why the ALDS is being played in the Padres' home stadium in San Diego and not in New York or Tampa?

I can appreciate the warm weather being more suitable, but shouldn't the teams enjoy playing the games in their own parks?
@DCPatriot

It's the "bubble" on behalf of COVID-19 safety protocols. MLB decided to use a) ballparks where there was less chance of outside interaction with teams, and b) neutral sites as another of Commissioner Nero's 2020 experiments, in addition to places where the weather's more amenable this time of year. The ALCS is also going to be played in Petco Park.

Though I also admit there's something particularly ticklish about the Athletics and the Astros playing the ALDS in Dodger Stadium, heh heh heh . . .

By the way, the Astros turned a 5-3 deficit and a two-out Oakland infield error in the sixth into a 10-5 Game One win this afternoon, but there's still time for the A's to . . .

I get the idea behind the bubble concept for this postseason, but I personally hope somebody pounds some sense back into Commissioner Nero and next season---assuming normalcy returning---the postseason gets played in the combatants' own ballparks. (I'd like to hope enough owners recover the brains they were born with and throw Commissioner Nero overboard, but that would be too much wishful thinking for now . . . )