Author Topic: BASEBALL 2020---LET'S GET IT ON!!  (Read 15938 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Re: BASEBALL 2020---LET'S GET IT ON!!
« Reply #100 on: November 01, 2020, 10:31:56 pm »
I like your style Ace...someone who can focus on the mundane during these turbulent times.  Well done!

Nothing like drawing our minds away from possibly stressful situations to that which is fantasy.
@SZonian

As it turns out, at least one of those fictitious matchups was real---Larry Sherry versus Bobby Wine. Wine owned Sherry at the plate---the usually spaghetti-bat shortstop went 3-for-7 against Sherry lifetime. The slash line for Wine vs. Sherry: .429/.429/.429.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #101 on: November 01, 2020, 11:37:06 pm »
@DCPatriot
@SZonian

A baseball forum to which I belong muses aloud about whether the Philadelphia boo birds are still, ahem, cocks of the walk.

It prompted me to imagine a Philadelphia wedding ceremony. The clergyman to the happy couple, "I now pronounced you husband and wife." Then, to the congregation, "You may now boo the bride."

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #102 on: November 02, 2020, 12:50:58 am »
@DCPatriot
@SZonian

A baseball forum to which I belong muses aloud about whether the Philadelphia boo birds are still, ahem, cocks of the walk.

It prompted me to imagine a Philadelphia wedding ceremony. The clergyman to the happy couple, "I now pronounced you husband and wife." Then, to the congregation, "You may now boo the bride."

888high58888    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2020, 10:49:06 pm »
Did someone say "cock"?  :silly: :silly: In my last AF unit we "chided" each other as "big cocks" with the aforementioned pic as our mascot in order to escape the PC cucks looking to skin our hides.  I'll accept your good natured roast in good humor.   888high58888
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #104 on: November 07, 2020, 01:50:31 am »
Did someone say "cock"?  :silly: :silly: In my last AF unit we "chided" each other as "big cocks" with the aforementioned pic as our mascot in order to escape the PC cucks looking to skin our hides.  I'll accept your good natured roast in good humor.   888high58888
@SZonian

I won't roast you---but I got two turkeys to roast (neither one named Trump nor Biden) in the next few days. (Turkey's a staple on my diet anyway, but with T-Day approaching . . . heh, heh, heh . . .)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #105 on: November 07, 2020, 02:39:04 am »
@SZonian

I won't roast you---but I got two turkeys to roast (neither one named Trump nor Biden) in the next few days. (Turkey's a staple on my diet anyway, but with T-Day approaching . . . heh, heh, heh . . .)

You should be consuming lots of Tryptophan in the next few weeks, so you can have the tolerance to stay awake on T-Day to watch sports.

We'll be roasting a T-bird, and also frying a turkey breast.  While I still have the kettle of oil, I usually toss in a couple chickens to freeze.  I hate wasting the oil, that stuff's expensive!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #106 on: November 07, 2020, 04:31:11 am »
You should be consuming lots of Tryptophan in the next few weeks, so you can have the tolerance to stay awake on T-Day to watch sports.
@Cyber Liberty
They don't play baseball on T-Day, so I spend my T-Days listening to old-time radio with T-Day themes.  wink777

We'll be roasting a T-bird . . .
Roast T-bird?

There isn't an oven on earth that can hold one, never mind roast one!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #107 on: November 07, 2020, 05:06:54 am »
@Cyber Liberty
They don't play baseball on T-Day, so I spend my T-Days listening to old-time radio with T-Day themes.  wink777

Roast T-bird?

There isn't an oven on earth that can hold one, never mind roast one!

After the early 70's they're only good for roasting... :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #108 on: November 08, 2020, 12:19:37 am »
@SZonian

Just some old fashioned USAF humor...ya big "cock"! wink777 wink777 :yowsa:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #109 on: November 08, 2020, 12:23:35 am »

We'll be roasting a T-bird, and also frying a turkey breast.  While I still have the kettle of oil, I usually toss in a couple chickens to freeze.  I hate wasting the oil, that stuff's expensive!
@Cyber Liberty  We've had our discussions about T-Day given that we're only 2 people eating on a bird.  But given that our son just passed the Forge at Ft. Sill this past week, we're willing to gorge on his behalf.  Thought you and @txradioguy might like to know his status.  Our PFC son has joined the ranks of the US Army.  Wishing you all the best.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #110 on: November 08, 2020, 12:30:44 am »
@Cyber Liberty  We've had our discussions about T-Day given that we're only 2 people eating on a bird.  But given that our son just passed the Forge at Ft. Sill this past week, we're willing to gorge on his behalf.  Thought you and @txradioguy might like to know his status.  Our PFC son has joined the ranks of the US Army.  Wishing you all the best.

@SZonian congrats on your son's enlistment.  What is his MOS?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #111 on: November 08, 2020, 12:32:21 am »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I will NOT comply.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #112 on: November 08, 2020, 02:57:45 pm »
Just some old fashioned USAF humor...ya big "cock"! wink777 wink777 :yowsa:
@SZonian
So old it was way before even my time! (USAF, 1982-87.)  wink777  wink777

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #113 on: November 08, 2020, 04:32:49 pm »
@SZonian congrats on your son's enlistment.  What is his MOS?
Thanks...he's 15E unmanned aviation maintenance

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #114 on: March 02, 2021, 01:36:14 pm »
Will we have a Baseball 2021 thread?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #115 on: April 01, 2021, 03:07:41 am »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024