Author Topic: Biden Obliviously Tells Press that Fossil Fuel Execs Should Be Jailed  (Read 689 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden Obliviously Tells Press that Fossil Fuel Execs Should Be Jailed
Cortney O'Brien

Posted: Dec 30, 2019 9:25 AM

Former vice president and presidential candidate Joe Biden told a crowd in Peterborough, New Hampshire over the weekend that if fossil fuel executives don't take accountability for helping to doom the environment, we should throw them in jail. See below.

In order to curb the rate of pollution, Biden explained, we need to hold fossil fuel executives "liable for what they have done, particularly in those cases where there are underserved neighborhoods."

When they don't deliver, Biden offered, "put them in jail."

Some spectators noted his obliviousness. Surely he didn't forget that his son Hunter was on the board of Burisma Holdings, a Ukrainian gas company that was being investigated for corruption? I mean, it has been in the news lately.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2019/12/30/biden-obliviously-tells-press-that-fossil-fuel-execs-should-be-jailed-n2558679
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Biden Obliviously Tells Press that Fossil Fuel Execs Should Be Jailed
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2019, 02:43:23 pm »
Oops.  Slow Joe did it again.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2019, 03:04:48 am »
Former Vice President Joe Biden claimed during a Sunday campaign event that “we’re all dead” if fossil fuels continue to be used as one of the world’s primary energy sources.

Biden made the apocalyptic pronouncement while discussing climate change before a crowd of supporters in Peterborough, New Hampshire.

“If we don’t stop using fossil fuels–” an attendee began a question to the candidate.

“We’re all dead,” Biden interrupted.

Earlier in the event, Biden vowed as president to hold energy giants liable for global warming and made a pledge to even jail executives.

“We have to set sort of guide rails down now, so between the years 2021 and 2030, it’s irreversible – the path we set ourselves on. And one of which is doing away with any substance for fossil fuels – number one,” Biden said.

“Number two, holding them liable for what they have done,” he said of fossil fuel executives, “particularly in those cases where your underserved neighborhoods and – you know the deal, okay. And by the way, when they don’t want to deliver, put them in jail. I’m not joking about this.”

It is unclear whether Biden meant he would also imprison his own son, Hunter Biden, who served on the board of directors of Ukrainian gas giant Burisma Holdings between 2014-2016. The younger Biden was reportedly paid up to $83,000 as a Burisma board member, despite having no expertise in the energy sector.
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/12/30/joe-biden-were-all-dead-if-we-dont-stop-using-fossil-fuels/
Old Joe has bought AOC's Green New Deal hook, line and sinker.

Meanwhile, he burns tons of the fuel every day as he travels the country.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2019, 03:09:54 am »
Every Dem candidate is zipping around the country in airplanes and diesel powered buses. Hypocrites,  all.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2019, 05:41:59 am »
 Sounds like Slow Joe is admitting he is a fossil.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2019, 09:50:55 am »
The new Lysenkoists are just itching to stand people against a wall and loot the assets of those who have brought billions to the modern age.

This isn't just patent stupidity, it is a declaration of war against humanity.

THen, too, I suppose we could go back to lighting our houses with whale oil lamps.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2019, 11:35:13 am »
You first, Joe.  I want to see you and all the other "Green Deal" pushers give up your fossil fuels at home, in your vehicles, your private jets and such.  Let's see YOU live with only clean energy/alternate fuels sources.    In fact, I want to see all you politicians give up your limos and take the public bus like I do.  I'll bet none of you will be able to live under the draconian measures you want to impose on us peasants. 

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2019, 12:20:37 pm »
Exactly, @Applewood  All of the Dem candidates are vilifying fossil fuels and demanding the death of those industries, but they sure are taking full advantage of them while they last!

Offline Mod1

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2019, 12:21:51 pm »
Merged threads on same topic

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2019, 12:55:28 pm »
Exactly, @Applewood  All of the Dem candidates are vilifying fossil fuels and demanding the death of those industries, but they sure are taking full advantage of them while they last!
One of the big differences is Joe is condemning his own son, a fossil fuel exec, for being behind bars.

Except we all know he meant that as an exception to his rule, as well as exempting himself in burning fossil fuels as he burns them to travel, heat his home, use plastics, etc.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2019, 02:10:45 pm »
There is no greater gift to be given to the poor who strive to improve their situations than affordable energy.    Climate change is an obsession of the elites.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2019, 03:02:51 pm »
1. Like others have said, Cough! ... Hunter! Cough!

2. Throw people in jail? For what crime? An ex post facto law in planning?

3. Since this would be Fake Science enforced by governmental fist, the analogy to Lysenko is pretty apt ... just needs a few Gulag work camps.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2019, 03:54:55 pm »
1. Like others have said, Cough! ... Hunter! Cough!

2. Throw people in jail? For what crime? An ex post facto law in planning?

3. Since this would be Fake Science enforced by governmental fist, the analogy to Lysenko is pretty apt ... just needs a few Gulag work camps.
Just think of all the people who grew up in rural Pennsylvania and West Virginia who were lifted up out of poverty by working coal mines.

And yet he had decided these people too should have their jobs taken away and jailed.

Yet he claims to support the blue collar worker.

He is as bad as bad can be.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2019, 03:57:50 pm »
His stupid view of fossil fuels is all the malarkey we can handle. Don't worry, the bus runs on unicorn farts.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2019, 04:10:13 pm »
Just in case he didn't insult coal miners and other fossil fuel workers enough already:
Joe Biden Suggests Coal Miners Should Learn To Code
Peter Hasson, Senior Reporter
December 30, 2019 6:02 PM ET

Former Vice President Joe Biden suggested Monday that displaced coal miners should learn to code.

“Anybody who can go down 3,000 feet in a mine can sure as hell learn to program as well,” Biden said at a New Hampshire event Monday. He added later: “Anybody who can throw coal into a furnace can learn how to program, for God’s sake!”  ...

Biden said during the Dec. 19 Democratic presidential debate he would be willing to sacrifice hundreds of thousands of blue-collar jobs in the pursuit of climate goals.

The former vice president similarly said during the July 31 Democratic debate that there would be no place for fossil fuels — including coal — under his administration. ...
Daily Caller

There was time when saying, "Learn to code!" got conservatives thrown off Twitter.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2019, 04:17:09 pm »
  Old Joe has bought AOC's Green New Deal hook, line and sinker.

@IsailedawayfromFR

Maybe not. He usually has no idea what he is saying means,so why would this be an exception? He is "Superficial Man!" If it sounds good,it must BE good!

What scares me is he held high elected office for DECADES. What does that say about the people who kept voting for him to lead them? An occasional retard in public life is amusing,and does no real harm. Hundreds of thousands of people so freaking stupid they VOTE for Slow Joe to give them direction and speak for them is scary as hell!

Meanwhile, he burns tons of the fuel every day as he travels the country.

I would be willing to bet he doesn't see it that way. I would be he sees it as "they were going to burn these tons of fuel anyhow,so I just went along for the ride!"
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2019, 05:06:15 pm »
Affordable energy sources help bring prosperity.
A prosperous population will take better care of the environment.
A poor populace cannot clean up their pollution on a large scale, or do research into making their energy sources more friendly to said environment.
It all starts with affordable energy to begin with.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2019, 05:13:17 pm »
Affordable energy sources help bring prosperity.
A prosperous population will take better care of the environment.
A poor populace cannot clean up their pollution on a large scale, or do research into making their energy sources more friendly to said environment.
It all starts with affordable energy to begin with.

Well said.   And an aspect of affordable energy is energy independence - a state the U.S. has managed to achieve due to its policies encouraging fracking.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Applewood

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2019, 06:11:42 pm »
Just think of all the people who grew up in rural Pennsylvania and West Virginia who were lifted up out of poverty by working coal mines.

And yet he had decided these people too should have their jobs taken away and jailed.

Yet he claims to support the blue collar worker.

He is as bad as bad can be.

These blue collar workers are mostly unionized and the unions are in bed with the Democrats.  One of my friends is in a union (not his choice -- long story about that).  He says the union bombards the members with pro-Democrat propaganda.  Last time I talked with him, his union had not picked a Democrat to  officially endorse, but he was reasonably sure it will be Biden.  Whoever the actual nominee is, the union will encourage the membership to vote Democrat, even though it's likely that by doing so, the members will almost certainly lose their jobs. 

Now whether the members will be brainwashed and vote Democrat -- I can't say.  Depends on how many of them are smart enough to realize the Democrats are not their friends.  My friend is a conservative, so no way in hell will he vote for any Democrat.  He doesn't like Trump, but I expect next year he will hold his nose and vote for him. 

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2020, 01:02:45 am »

That's a beautiful Prevost.
I'd like to see the inside!