Author Topic: Christianity Today says it saw a spike in subscriptions after it called for Trump's removal  (Read 1288 times)

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
So, Presidents aren't allowed to be sarcastic (as Trump was) and self-mocking? Or maybe he was being scarcastic and mocking people who hate him. Either way, is Trump allowed to have a sense of humor?

Maybe understanding context, metaphor, hyperbole, and sarcasm instead of taking everything dead-literally would be worth trying.

You and I both know that there are about 1,000 things that his 73-year-old, old self has tweeted that...Nah, I'm not playing that game. We just disagree.
Happy New Year to you and yours. May you have an outstanding 2020.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So, Presidents aren't allowed to be sarcastic (as Trump was) and self-mocking? Or maybe he was being scarcastic and mocking people who hate him. Either way, is Trump allowed to have a sense of humor?

Maybe understanding context, metaphor, hyperbole, and sarcasm instead of taking everything dead-literally would be worth trying.

Works for me. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

You and I both know that there are about 1,000 things that his 73-year-old, old self has tweeted that... ...
Happy New Year to you and yours. May you have an outstanding 2020.

And how many of those "1,000 things" - I'm not going to ask you if you counted the "things" because I'm sure you did not meant precisely 1000 - were simply more instances of literalizing metaphor, hyperbole, or sarcasm? I loathed Obama as President, but I never in his 8 years made an issue of something he said by taking literally something that was clearly or probably metaphor, hyperbole, or sarcasm.

My youngest has informed me and the rest of my family that 2020 has arrived and is OK so far. She flies in next week and our family's holiday togetherness will start then.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.