Author Topic: Don't Pray Unarmed  (Read 110 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Don't Pray Unarmed
« on: December 31, 2019, 03:33:19 pm »
Don't Pray Unarmed
Marina Medvin

Posted: Dec 31, 2019 12:01 AM

So many hate attacks have taken place in American houses of worship. Religiously-dressed Jews have been senselessly attacked on the streets. The pious are an easy target because they love their neighbors and many pray unarmed.

The Pittsburgh synagogue massacre stole the lives of 11 Jews and wounded six others, including four police officers. The Charleston church shooting claimed the lives of nine Christians and injured one other. The Wisconsin Sikh temple ambush claimed the lives of five Indian Americans and one responding police officer, hospitalizing a second officer. The New Jersey Jewish neighborhood shootout claimed the lives of three Jews and a responding police officer. The machete stabbing attack at a Rabbi’s home in New York put five people in the hospital with gaping bodily wounds. Eight assaults on religiously-dressed Jews in New York City streets took place in the last week alone.

Sadly, these attacks are not ceasing. In all of the above, the pious victims were unarmed, aptly described by one commentator as "sitting ducks."

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/marinamedvin/2019/12/31/dont-pray-unarmed-n2558727?utm_source=thdaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl&newsletterad=12/31/2019&bcid=97dc8fe5a9df89459253d395805be70e&recip=19803445
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Re: Don't Pray Unarmed
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 03:49:19 pm »
Our church security team has a meeting next week, and I'm going to bring up something I just read in an AP story at the Houston Chronicle. The good guy, Jack Wilson, who took out the White Settlement shooter said, "I didn't have a clear window" (referring to church members who "were jumping, going chaotic").

He said he had to wait an extra half or whole second to take a shot because church members were standing and moving around.

Obviously, as a member of one, I'm a strong proponent of well-trained volunteer church security teams, especially where the funds are not there to hire off-duty cops and the like to be there on Sunday mornings and during other events. But another aspect of that is properly training the congregation. Many in the church may not want to hear about icky scary things like security measures, but their lives depend on it. They have to be told how to react if someone starts shooting or waving a machete, and that means to hit the ground (or the pew) a.s.a.p. so the security people can focus on the bad guy.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Don't Pray Unarmed
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2019, 06:16:14 pm »
Our church security team has a meeting next week, and I'm going to bring up something I just read in an AP story at the Houston Chronicle. The good guy, Jack Wilson, who took out the White Settlement shooter said, "I didn't have a clear window" (referring to church members who "were jumping, going chaotic").

He said he had to wait an extra half or whole second to take a shot because church members were standing and moving around.

Obviously, as a member of one, I'm a strong proponent of well-trained volunteer church security teams, especially where the funds are not there to hire off-duty cops and the like to be there on Sunday mornings and during other events. But another aspect of that is properly training the congregation. Many in the church may not want to hear about icky scary things like security measures, but their lives depend on it. They have to be told how to react if someone starts shooting or waving a machete, and that means to hit the ground (or the pew) a.s.a.p. so the security people can focus on the bad guy.

"Hit the dirt" if you're unarmed is as complicated as it needs to be.  I thought this very thing watching the video.  It would have been an easier shot had the unarmed parishioners had just done that.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: