Author Topic: NY Times Exec: We Need to Figure Out Religious People, Trump Voters  (Read 387 times)

rangerrebew

NY Times Exec: We Need to Figure Out Religious People, Trump Voters

Washington Free Beacon Staff - December 29, 2019 4:42 PM

This week on the Sunday news shows: The New York Times executive editor said journalists need to do a better job of understanding religious people, presidential candidate Andrew Yang said he is open to the possibility of prosecuting President Donald Trump once he's out of office, and Washington Free Beacon founding editor Matthew Continetti discussed the growing distrust between voters and the media.

https://freebeacon.com/politics/ny-times-exec-we-need-to-figure-out-religious-people-trump-voters/

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: NY Times Exec: We Need to Figure Out Religious People, Trump Voters
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 03:39:24 pm »
They'd learn a lot if they just read the Bible, instead of combing it for quotes to pull out of context to support their irreligion.  Maybe they would understand the rest of us a little better.  Alas, they will never do this.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2019, 03:42:05 pm »
They stay in their east coast bubble, venturing out to flyover country only to say, "Ewww, they're so stinky! Get me out of here!"
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2019, 05:23:59 pm »
Why does this, "need to do a better job of understanding," message sound so familiar? Oh yeah! MSM folk have been mouthing that platitude for decades. The problem for MSM people is not that they don't know what to do, but with their lack of willingness to do it.

Note, too, that MSM people view religious people as "other". IOW, not only are there very few religious people among the MSM - whether due to discrimination or the choices of religious people - but MSM-folk have chosen to avoid/exclude religious people from their lives. I think, too, there is some cultural snobbery going on. National-level MSM-folk are concentrated in a few large cities. They seem unable to imagine towns in flyover country having diversions as enjoyable as large cities' theatre, bars, concerts, etc..
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2019, 05:37:29 pm »
Why does this, "need to do a better job of understanding," message sound so familiar? Oh yeah! MSM folk have been mouthing that platitude for decades. The problem for MSM people is not that they don't know what to do, but with their lack of willingness to do it.

Note, too, that MSM people view religious people as "other". IOW, not only are there very few religious people among the MSM - whether due to discrimination or the choices of religious people - but MSM-folk have chosen to avoid/exclude religious people from their lives. I think, too, there is some cultural snobbery going on. National-level MSM-folk are concentrated in a few large cities. They seem unable to imagine towns in flyover country having diversions as enjoyable as large cities' theatre, bars, concerts, etc..

Good analysis, @PeteS in CA.

:thumbsup:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2019, 06:45:02 pm »
The people who roam the empty halls of the NYT will never ever understand real Americans (or as they call us "Religious People").   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2019, 06:47:10 pm »
While the good might be able to imagine what motivates the evil, the evil cannot imagine what motivates the good.

So long as they are the people they are, they will not understand, and the crap they spew proves it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2019, 07:12:49 pm »
Good v evil.  What is to figure out?  Even Tom talks about president TRUMPS tweets, made out to be some problem by...LEFTS.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2019, 07:40:23 pm »
The people who roam the empty halls of the NYT will never ever understand real Americans (or as they call us "Religious People").   

You're right, if I understand you correctly. It isn't only "religious" people the MSM don't care to understand. It's non-Prog folks generally, especially those in flyover country.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2019, 07:48:32 pm »
Good v evil.  What is to figure out?  Even Tom talks about president TRUMPS tweets, made out to be some problem by...LEFTS.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

@LegalAmerican
Probably true, but in your whackadoo little world, 3/4s of the people on this site are LEFTS, so....
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2019, 08:05:07 pm »
What, after all this time there are still holdouts bitterly clinging to guns and God? Wasn't 0bama supposed to be the messiah who would lead them to the path of progressive righteousness? 
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2019, 11:40:08 pm »
"NY Times Exec: We Need to Figure Out Religious People, Trump Voters"

What he REALLY means:
"We need to find out the secrets as to how we can trick and manipulate the religious folks and Trump voters into swallowing our swill..."

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2019, 11:55:49 pm »

What he REALLY means:
"We need to find out the secrets as to how we can trick and manipulate the religious folks and Trump voters into swallowing our swill..."

@Fishrrman, 'tis true. "Understand" for the NYT and MSM simply means figuring out how to turn or neutralize those MSM-folk despise and hate.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2020, 01:23:11 am »
@Fishrrman, 'tis true. "Understand" for the NYT and MSM simply means figuring out how to turn or neutralize those MSM-folk despise and hate.

All y'all hit the nail on the head.  They only want to know, so they can bullshit "those stupid people."
I will NOT comply.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2020, 01:44:11 am »

What he REALLY means:

BINGO! 

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2020, 02:16:22 pm »
All y'all hit the nail on the head.  They only want to know, so they can bullshit "those stupid people."
Yeah, well, I am not buying what they're selling. I don't have a birdcage, I'm not training a puppy, and I don't sell fish.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2020, 02:46:03 pm »
Yeah, well, I am not buying what they're selling. I don't have a birdcage, I'm not training a puppy, and I don't sell fish.

I like fish.  Just about the time you tired of them, they die and you flush them down the toilet. 
I'd like to do that with the Libs at the times.  But it too much work to get them in to pieces that are flushable size.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.