Author Topic: Aussie Bushfire Update No 14: 'Suicide'  (Read 587 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Aussie Bushfire Update No 14: 'Suicide'
« on: December 30, 2019, 10:46:05 pm »
The Big Wobble 12/30/2019

Aussie Bushfire Update No 14: 'Suicide': More than 30,000 trapped in East Gippsland: Melbourne on fire: Fires creating own lightning: Sydney surrounded: Wildlife annihilated

Fires surrounding Greater Sydney: This map displays the predicted fire spread for NYE. The map indicates the communities that are expected to come under threat from embers or fire fronts. Other areas surrounding the fire may still come under threat if conditions change #NSWRFS

More than 30,000 tourists in Australia who defied orders to leave area east of Melbourne amid raging bushfires are 'TRAPPED'

More than 30,000 tourists in Australia who refused to evacuate an area east of Melbourne amid raging bushfires are now 'trapped' after locals warned earlier that staying would be 'suicide'. Hundreds of blazes are burning across Australia, which is experiencing a devastating summer bushfire season fuelled by a prolonged drought and climate change. Hundreds of thousands were told to evacuate Victoria state's popular East Gippsland region on Sunday amid fears soaring temperatures and gusting winds would stoke three large blazes, cutting off the last major road still open. Emergencies chief Andrew Crisp told residents and holidaymakers to leave by 9am Monday or risk getting stranded, before giving an update later in the day saying it is now 'too late' to get out safely. His agency has also warned it is 'not possible' to provide aid to all visitors. Meanwhile, residents in northern Melbourne were told to 'act immediately to survive' as out-of-control wildfires bore down on the suburb of Bundoora. Daily Mail

Ash falling on the streets of Melbourne

Strong winds could fan flames in Melbourne A Bureau of Meteorology spokesman said strong winds would continue to affect the Melbourne metro area into the night: Wind Change Chart has been updated, see above. The line of storms moving through Melbourne now.

BOM

The massive fires are creating thunderstorm clouds capable of producing dry lightning

Some of Australia's most devastating bushfires have fuelled their own fury by creating thunderstorm clouds capable of producing dry lightning, violent winds, black hail and even a fire tornado. The unpredictable changes brought on by the storms can be extremely dangerous, and make fighting fires even harder. ABC

More: http://www.thebigwobble.org/2019/12/aussie-bushfire-update-no-14-suicide.html

Dire looking fire map for greater Sydney as the city is surrounded!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Aussie Bushfire Update No 14: 'Suicide'
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 03:46:59 am »
my brother lives outside Adelaide and is caught up with one a few miles from his house.

The only defense he has is cisterns used to catch rain runoff of the roof that is used to douse the house if the flames get close.

This is dry country full of brush and not easy to control when the winds whip up.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2019, 05:29:27 am »
"Climate Change" whackos are having a field day with this one.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2019, 09:46:20 am »
my brother lives outside Adelaide and is caught up with one a few miles from his house.

The only defense he has is cisterns used to catch rain runoff of the roof that is used to douse the house if the flames get close.

This is dry country full of brush and not easy to control when the winds whip up.
Large fires create their own wind, pulling cool air toward the updraft created by the fire.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2019, 10:04:48 am »
This story really resonated with me, made me happy and sad.

Thirsty Koala Approaches Cyclists For Some Water (Video)

After the devastating fire that rampaged Australia, The Rescue Collective, a Brisbane-based wildlife charity, described the situation as "a wildlife apocalypse."

Sadly, it is feared that thousands of Koalas have died in the blaze, and others from injures caused by the blaze.

But the people of Australia are doing their best to save the endangered koalas to the best of their efforts.

In this video,  you witness cyclists who have stopped in their tracks to give a parched koala some much-needed water. After giving water from seven bottles to the animal, the group cycled home thirsty in 40 degree heat.

https://cheezburger.com/1069318/thirsty-koala-approaches-cyclists-for-some-water-video
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2019, 05:21:39 pm »
This story really resonated with me, made me happy and sad.

Thirsty Koala Approaches Cyclists For Some Water (Video)

After the devastating fire that rampaged Australia, The Rescue Collective, a Brisbane-based wildlife charity, described the situation as "a wildlife apocalypse."

Sadly, it is feared that thousands of Koalas have died in the blaze, and others from injures caused by the blaze.

But the people of Australia are doing their best to save the endangered koalas to the best of their efforts.

In this video,  you witness cyclists who have stopped in their tracks to give a parched koala some much-needed water. After giving water from seven bottles to the animal, the group cycled home thirsty in 40 degree heat.

https://cheezburger.com/1069318/thirsty-koala-approaches-cyclists-for-some-water-video

That's >100F.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2019, 06:34:51 pm »
That's >100F.

They really love koalas. I’ve never seen one. It’s on my bucket list,
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2019, 06:35:43 pm »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2019, 06:38:56 pm »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2019, 06:41:34 pm »

C S Lewis

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2019, 08:58:21 pm »