Author Topic: Crowd shouting 'down USA' attempts to storm US Embassy in Baghdad report says  (Read 4641 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Iraqi TV: Iran’s Gen. Soleimani killed in Baghdad strike

Baghdad (AP) — Iraqi TV and three Iraqi officials said Friday that Gen. Qassim Soleimani, the head of Iran’s elite Quds Force, has been killed in an airstrike at Baghdad’s international airport.

The officials said the strike also killed Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, the deputy commander of Iran-backed militias known as the Popular Mobilization Forces.

Their deaths are a potential turning point in the Middle East and are expected to draw severe retaliation from Iran and the forces it backs in the Middle East against Israel and American interests.

The PMF blamed the United States for an attack at Baghdad International Airport Friday.

https://apnews.com/5597ff0f046a67805cc233d5933a53ed

Looks like the deputy commander also died, this is a big story.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Iraqi TV: Iran’s Gen. Soleimani killed in Baghdad strike

Baghdad (AP) — Iraqi TV and three Iraqi officials said Friday that Gen. Qassim Soleimani, the head of Iran’s elite Quds Force, has been killed in an airstrike at Baghdad’s international airport.

The officials said the strike also killed Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, the deputy commander of Iran-backed militias known as the Popular Mobilization Forces.

Their deaths are a potential turning point in the Middle East and are expected to draw severe retaliation from Iran and the forces it backs in the Middle East against Israel and American interests.

The PMF blamed the United States for an attack at Baghdad International Airport Friday.

https://apnews.com/5597ff0f046a67805cc233d5933a53ed

Pretty reckless for Soleimani to go Iraq like this, assuming this holds up.

Also, I think it's worth considering how the war in Iraq might have gone if Iran hadn't gotten involved as well, gotten involved in a negative way. It's their backyard.

Israel seems to have very good intelligence, I'd gather, they have helped in this.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 01:55:04 am by TomSea »

Offline PeteS in CA

https://www.foxnews.com/media/benghazi-team-member-tiegen-iraq-trump-media

Benghazi team member John Tiegen: Media 'not even close' with Iraq-Benghazi comparisons

VoteVets, a veterans group that helps progressive candidates seek public office, used the violent demonstrations to knock the president.

"Hey @POTUS remember [your] Benghazi rants during 2016? You're about to have your own one unfortunately in Iraq," VoteVets wrote in the now-deleted tweet.

The "Benghazi rants" was in reference to Trump's repeated attacks against former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton over her handling of the matter.

“To sit there and say it was just like Benghazi? There was no ambassador there and there was no consulate [and], technically, no personnel at all because they all got evacuated prior to the protesters getting there and that’s the big difference between this administration and the last administration.

“At least this one took a stance before it actually was coming,” said Tiegen, a Marine veteran who was working as a security contractor protecting the CIA annex in Benghazi when it was attacked in 2012.

What I highlighted was news to me. So not only did Trump "send in the Marines", he (literally or using him as a metaphor for his administration) had also gotten our people to safety before danger arrived.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
A separate thread on Soleimani has been established in case, some lurkers do not read these more in depth threads.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,387630.new.html#new

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
Crude prices spike after report that Iranian general killed in U.S. airstrike

Crude prices spiked Thursday night following reports that a top Iranian general and an Iraqi militia's deputy commander were killed in a U.S. airstrike at Baghdad's airport. Citing Iraqi officials, the Associated Press said Iranian Gen. Qassim Soleimani, the head of Iran's elite Quds Force and one of that country's most powerful officials, had been killed. That set off immediate speculation of reprisals against U.S. targets around the Persian Gulf by Iran and Iranian-backed militias in Iraq. West Texas Intermediate crude for February delivery CLG20, +1.42% and the global benchmark, Brent crude for March delivery BRNH20, +1.57% , each surged more than 1% following the report.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/crude-prices-spike-after-report-that-iranian-general-killed-in-us-airstrike-2020-01-02?mod=newsviewer_click

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Not so much for those of us with kids in the military dude.....

It is what they signed up for...dude.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
It is what they signed up for...dude.

Thanks for perfectly demonstrating how much a callous POS you are.   dude......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
A separate thread on Soleimani has been established in case, some lurkers do not read these more in depth threads.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,387630.new.html#new

Good idea, @TomSea.  Thanks!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Once again you have demonstrated your lack of understanding of the price of freedom.   

Offline DB

If Trump goes about this properly it will be American technology landing on Iranian soil and not American boots.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Once again you have demonstrated your lack of understanding of the price of freedom.

Baloney. One son is in the miltiary, Father was in Korea, FIL was on Omaha Beach, Grandfather contracted Malaria and was paralyzed defending the CZ in the 1920's,  7 fought in the CW, 6 in the War of 1812, and 26 in the American Revolution.  Your bullshit insult of questioning my understanding the price of freedom is laughable.  OTOH, I really question the mental outlook of anyone who takes enjoyment out of the process of warfare. 

Just keep propping your feet up and watch this like a video game while guzzling your Schlitz.  Loving war from your 60" flat screen TV....what a guy.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
If Trump goes about this properly it will be American technology landing on Iranian soil and not American boots.

Don't forget ...  Unless this is done exclusively by drones, many in air craft will be in harms way.

But I agree.....   I do hope this is the strategy Trump takes.

Online Wingnut

Baloney. One son is in the miltiary, Father was in Korea, FIL was on Omaha Beach, Grandfather contracted Malaria and was paralyzed defending the CZ in the 1920's,  7 fought in the CW, 6 in the War of 1812, and 26 in the American Revolution.  Your bullshit insult of questioning my understanding the price of freedom is laughable.  OTOH, I really question the mental outlook of anyone who takes enjoyment out of the process of warfare. 

Just keep propping your feet up and watch this like a video game while guzzling your Schlitz.  Loving war from your 60" flat screen TV....what a guy.

Are you really wanting to get into a who has a bigger dick of dead war relatives?   Grow the f up.  All of our families have lost as many or more members in war than you or I.  Let it go and put the bottle down

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@The Ghost @catfish1957

Gentlemen!  Please!  No fighting in the War Room!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@The Ghost @catfish1957

I nominate President Trump as an honorary Sicilian!

@aligncare
@Right_in_Virginia
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Iran is a threat to peace.  Yes, they helped in Iraq, but our folks should have known before they got involved that their being there would mean trouble.

I think our troops should be on a war footing, meaning shoot and ask questions later.  Peaceful demonstration is one thing, but once they get violent, I say shoot them down like the dogs they are.

Bush was a pathetic POTUS, and he failed in Afghanistan and Iran both.  His tea and crumpets approach to both countries have left us as occupiers.  Plain *ss stupid.

Offline DB

@The Ghost @catfish1957

@Cyber Liberty so "The Ghost" was really "Wingnut" all this time???

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty so "The Ghost" was really "Wingnut" all this time???

I know the feeling...always the last to know.  Yep. 

@DB
I will NOT comply.

Online corbe

If you find that strange @DB there's rumours floating around that @LegalAmerican is @roamer_1 when he's drunk.  Go Figure. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DB

If you find that strange @DB there's rumours floating around that @LegalAmerican is @roamer_1 when he's drunk.  Go Figure.

LOL!

Online roamer_1

Only in your fetid, fevered weekend dreams @corbe

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
Two rockets fall inside Iraqi air base housing U.S. troops: security sources
« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2020, 05:53:07 pm »
TIKRIT, Iraq (Reuters) - Two Katyusha rockets fell inside Iraq’s Balad air base, 80 km (50 miles) north of Baghdad, which houses U.S. forces on Saturday but caused no casualties, two security sources told Reuters.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iraq-security-base/two-rockets-fall-inside-iraqi-air-base-housing-u-s-troops-security-sources-idUSKBN1Z30IC

Breaking
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 05:56:10 pm by Gefn »