Author Topic: Biden tells miners to 'learn to program' in order to find 'jobs of the future' by John Gage | Decem  (Read 332 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden tells miners to 'learn to program' in order to find 'jobs of the future'
by John Gage
 | December 30, 2019 05:21 PM

2020 Democratic front-runner Joe Biden said miners need to find "jobs of the future" when talking about transitioning the economy away from fossil fuels.

"Anybody who can go down 3,000 feet in a mine can sure as hell learn to program as well," Biden said Monday during a campaign event in New Hampshire, according to the Washington Post's Dave Weigel. "Anybody who can throw coal into a furnace can learn how to program, for god's sake!"

Dave Weigel
    ✔
    @daveweigel
     Â· 1h
    Replying to @daveweigel

Biden riffing on how Obama put him in charge of judging the "jobs of the future" suggests re-training miners as coders.

"Anybody who can go down 3000 feet in a mine can sure as hell learn to program as well."

This sort of "just transition" stuff was murder on Clinton in 2016...

This sort of "just transition" stuff was murder on Clinton in 2016...

Dave Weigel
    ✔
    @daveweigel

But Biden returns to the same point: "Anybody who can throw coal into a furnace can learn how to program, for God's sake!"
    3:38 PM - Dec 30, 2019

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/biden-tells-miners-to-learn-to-program-in-order-to-find-jobs-of-the-future
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Personally as a middle aged guy I would really resent being advised I should sh*tcan all my work experience gained over the years and start from scratch in a field where my competition is being imported from abroad by the thousands by the very same people offering me this great advise.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, that should lock in the UMW vote...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Well, that should lock in the UMW vote...

My cousin and particularly his wife are ardent blue-collar union Democrats.

Or rather were. On her facebook page yesterday she posted a big old .gif heavily supportive of Trump

If he could convert them, I can easily see millions more doing the same.
The Republic is lost.

Offline EdinVA

Personally as a middle aged guy I would really resent being advised I should sh*tcan all my work experience gained over the years and start from scratch in a field where my competition is being imported from abroad by the thousands by the very same people offering me this great advise.
:amen:

Offline kevindavis007

As someone who works as a developer trust me the need for developers is shrinking.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”