Author Topic: The Head Scratching Insanity of Today’s Left-Wing Mob  (Read 103 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Head Scratching Insanity of Today’s Left-Wing Mob
« on: December 30, 2019, 03:02:55 pm »
The Head Scratching Insanity of Today’s Left-Wing Mob

Far too many of us are dismissed, or even disdained, for having logical minds, rejecting junk science, and having a semblance of intellectual honesty because those things do not fit the dogma of the progressives and the pecuniary interests of their boosters.
Andrew I. Fillat
- December 29th, 2019

As I listen to and observe various news stories (that I assume are accurate) lately, I wonder whether I have gone mad. My misfortune seems to be that I am rational, reasoning, reflective, and as much as possible intellectually honest, which seems to pass as a mental disorder—or, at least, a rare anomaly—these days.

I read that Jussie Smollett’s fairy godmother, Cook County state’s attorney Kim Foxx, has declared that her office will not prosecute as a felony shoplifting valued at less than $1,000 in goods. Doesn’t that mean that shoplifters can just make multiple trips and wink at the store security staff on the way out? Since when did shoplifting become a lucrative job with minimal risk?

Where is the outrage? What am I missing?

Then I try to follow the entire impeachment exercise and really scratch my head. The only actual facts seem to be that lethal military aid to Ukraine, which was withheld completely during the Obama years, was delayed by a few weeks this summer; that President Trump mentioned a desire to see Vice President Joe Biden and his son, Hunter, investigated to determine if corruption was involved in Hunter’s inexplicable (other than influence peddling) job at Burisma; and that the aid flowed and the investigation never happened. Records of all the actual communications with Ukraine seem to be available.

Instead, all I get is debate about internal discussions which may or may not show any actionable nexus between the minimal delay and the non-investigation, and endless speculation and opinions about who intended what. No Democrat seems willing even to acknowledge that Hunter Biden obviously profited from his name and may well have delivered favorable treatment to his employers, and not just in Ukraine. Corruption is corruption, regardless of whether a political rival is involved in it or whether it falls within the bounds of the law.

Then there is the totally absurd allegation that using one’s office for one’s own political (as opposed to financial) benefit is somehow shocking. Find me a politician who doesn’t do that, whether to influence an appropriation, a policy, or to virtue-signal.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2019/12/29/the-head-scratching-insanity-of-todays-left-wing-mob/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: The Head Scratching Insanity of Today’s Left-Wing Mob
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2019, 03:35:46 pm »
Pretty much nails it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!