No, they're reprobates
2 (9.1%)
What Neighbors? (roamer_1 option)
3 (13.6%)
They're OK but I avoid them if at all possible
6 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: January 07, 2020, 06:23:03 pm

Author Topic: Do you get along with your neighbors?  (Read 5054 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Do you get along with your neighbors?
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2020, 03:56:18 am »
The cheapo cigarette store at the res across the river has a nice selection of fireworks.  Tons and tons of mortar shells seems to be their specialty.

Beautiful. Redneck jr grade (Blow sh*t up is usually tannerite or dynamite, but it'll do with any disaster producing sort of combination of fireworks) The rest will come wit time  :laugh:

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2020, 03:04:21 pm »
Good Lord willing and the creeks don't rise, by mid summer I won't have any neighbors.
[/b]
@roamer_1

Yes, you will - remember I'm coming to your house to live there.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2020, 03:09:49 pm »
[/b]
@roamer_1

Yes, you will - remember I'm coming to your house to live there.

@Victoria33 @roamer_1

Well,a roomie ain't a neighbor.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 03:10:48 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2020, 03:41:06 pm »
@roamer_1
@sneakypete

Bob has lived here 30 yrs.  We know the neighbors but we don't associate with each other - EXCEPT IN TIMES OF EMERGENCY.

One day the side gate was opened by someone and Prissy got out.  By the time we knew that, we had no idea where she was.  Bob took off down the block and I quickly put on shoes (had on houseshoes) to go up the block.

Went outside and the woman who lives on one side of us, right then, drove into our driveway, with Prissy inside.   She was picking up her kids at the local school about a block away and on the sidewalk, she saw Prissy about to cross the street into traffic to get to the park with kids in it next to the school.  She stopped the car, got her, and brought her home.

Another time it was dark and I fell when coming back from our mailbox, and my head slammed down on a big rock.  A man walking on sidewalk saw me, called 911 and a woman who lived two doors down from us, Bob knew her, I didn't, suddenly showed up, went in house, found my phone, called Bob who was shopping to tell him; took Prissy into house and shut her up in a bathroom. 

So, we neighbors leave each other alone, unless someone needs help.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2020, 04:00:14 pm »
Beautiful. Redneck jr grade (Blow sh*t up is usually tannerite or dynamite, but it'll do with any disaster producing sort of combination of fireworks) The rest will come wit time  :laugh:
@roamer_1
@sneakypete

Story:
Husband was an officer of American National Insurance Co., (home office in Galveston, Texas) and we were living outside St. Louis, Mo. for a year while husband "fixed" problems in the St. Louis office as that office dealt with all healthcare policies.  My husband was a Marine and liked to blow things up.  There was a big stump in our backyard, no fences allowed there by HOA so it was like common ground, anyone could walk there.  He wanted the stump out and had black power to blow it up.

It happened to be July 4th when he blew it up.  The sound was enormous when the powder exploded.  Then, coming down the hill many people were coming to the explosion.  They thought it was fireworks due to July 4th.  I was embarrassed, but husband was laughing with all who came.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2020, 05:01:33 pm »
@roamer_1
@sneakypete

My husband was a Marine and liked to blow things up.

@Victoria33

I have a little secret for you. ALL men love blowing stuff up. It's a man-thing on a genetic level.

Some men love it a little more than others. We call these men "Scary",and take great care to not piss them off.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2020, 05:09:29 pm »
@roamer_1
@sneakypete

Story:
Husband was an officer of American National Insurance Co., (home office in Galveston, Texas) and we were living outside St. Louis, Mo. for a year while husband "fixed" problems in the St. Louis office as that office dealt with all healthcare policies.  My husband was a Marine and liked to blow things up.  There was a big stump in our backyard, no fences allowed there by HOA so it was like common ground, anyone could walk there.  He wanted the stump out and had black power to blow it up.

It happened to be July 4th when he blew it up.  The sound was enormous when the powder exploded.  Then, coming down the hill many people were coming to the explosion.  They thought it was fireworks due to July 4th.  I was embarrassed, but husband was laughing with all who came.

Been awhile, but for the 4th of July hubby used to save up empty plastic pop bottles of various different sizes and brands and come the 4th he'd buy dry-ice.  Put a bit of water in the bottle, drop in a few pieces of dry ice, seal it tightly and throw it.  Next think you know -- va boooom!  Police came out a couple of times for reported explosion coming from our house -- nope just a little dry ice being thrown into an empty field.   :laugh:  Oh .... we were reminded to pick up the empties.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.