No, they're reprobates
2 (9.1%)
What Neighbors? (roamer_1 option)
3 (13.6%)
They're OK but I avoid them if at all possible
6 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: January 07, 2020, 06:23:03 pm

Author Topic: Do you get along with your neighbors?  (Read 5072 times)

Online corbe

Do you get along with your neighbors?
« on: December 28, 2019, 06:23:03 pm »
Sign Of The Times: 75% Of Adults Aren’t Friends With Any Of Their Neighbors

by John Anderer

Do you know your neighbors? Survey reveals that nearly 1 in 4 people are living somewhere with “no sense of community spirit” in their neighborhood.

LONDON — In decades past, it wasn’t uncommon at all for the average family to know each and every one of their neighbors living close by on the same street. Those dwelling on the same block would regularly gather for holiday parties in the winter, and barbecues during the summer. As the years have gone by, however, people have slowly become more inclined to keep to themselves and shy away from even greeting or speaking to their neighbors.

Now, a new survey of 2,000 British adults shows the staggering extent to which the concept of a neighborhood community has fallen by the wayside. In all, 75% say they consider their neighbors mere acquaintances at best. Sadly, nearly a quarter wouldn’t dream of knocking on one of their doors uninvited because there is “no sense of community spirit” in their neighborhood.

The survey, commissioned by Lottoland, also found that one in 10 modern adults mine as well be living next to an empty house as they only see their neighbors less than once per month. Still, four in 10 say they are at least “friendly” with a few of their neighbors, but still wouldn’t call them actual friends. The average survey respondent reports knowing the names of just five people living on their street.

Shockingly, one in 20 couldn’t name a single other person from his or her block.

<..snip..>

https://www.studyfinds.org/sign-of-the-times-75-of-adults-arent-friends-with-any-of-their-neighbors/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Re: Do you get along with your neighbors?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2019, 06:33:20 pm »
   When I first bought this house 20 years ago, they called the cops on me 3 times for excessive (Stereo) noise, there is actually a City Ordinance with a hefty fine.   All those people have since moved on (to hell, probably).  Other than the young lady (45ish) closest to me we drink and party often, the other 4, we get along but I avoid them if I can.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2019, 08:17:17 pm »
Since we've moved in a year ago, we've met one of the neighbors to the left of us,the Walkers' Johnny (kid you not) and Shirley -- they're ok, he's kind of quirky and if I met him on the street and didn't know he was married, I'd say he's likely gay. She's seems nice enough.  They brought over some left over muffin/bread of some sort from their church when we met them; um... who brings leftovers to meet neighbors for the first time?  Just sayin'.  The nice thought was there I suppose.  We have empty lots on either side of us and hopefully they'll stay empty for awhile.  In back of us is a 80' canal -- then 4 side by side empty lot so don't have to worry about neighbors behind us.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 08:18:48 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2019, 08:35:17 pm »
Living in liberalville, the neighbors stopped talking to me when I put my "I'm a deplorable" sticker on my truck...

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2019, 10:34:35 pm »
Since I’ve moved I really haven’t met any of my new neighbors. I’m kinda lonely.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2019, 10:49:40 pm »
Yes. They all have helped me, when I moved in.  But, I also share my fresh baked goods with them.  The Illegal neighbors, right next door, are a bit harder to deal with. No English language and loud Polka music, late into the night.  I wear ear-plugs.  I gave their kids some treats.  A few weeks later, they came over with a green plant to thank me.  They let me know, If I forget to close my garage door at night.  Sometimes, after I hit close, it jumps, and opens again. I learned to stay a while and see it close.
So far so good. 

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2019, 10:55:16 pm »
Yes. They all have helped me, when I moved in.  But, I also share my fresh baked goods with them.  The Illegal neighbors, right next door, are a bit harder to deal with. No English language and loud Polka music, late into the night.  I wear ear-plugs.  I gave their kids some treats.  A few weeks later, they came over with a green plant to thank me.  They let me know, If I forget to close my garage door at night.  Sometimes, after I hit close, it jumps, and opens again. I learned to stay a while and see it close.
So far so good.

Hope we don't read about you in the paper giving kiddos cannabis edibles.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2019, 10:57:30 pm »
Since I’ve moved I really haven’t met any of my new neighbors. I’m kinda lonely.

Offer to take them to your local gun range and blow through about a $100 in ammo.  Great icebreaker.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online corbe

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2019, 10:58:27 pm »
   If you were my Neighbor @LegalAmerican I would be your Friend because I know all too painfully well the exasperation of being your enemy in here.    :smokin:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2019, 10:59:25 pm »
So, like the other day I had convo with my weird neighbor. It was a little one sided, but It went something like this: 

"I know you're in there, old man! Listen up, mister! That piece of scum barking rat of yours has just taken his last dump on my lawn! I find one more- just one- I'm gonna catch him and staple his ass shut!"

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2019, 11:12:22 pm »
So, like the other day I had convo with my weird neighbor. It was a little one sided, but It went something like this: 

"I know you're in there, old man! Listen up, mister! That piece of scum barking rat of yours has just taken his last dump on my lawn! I find one more- just one- I'm gonna catch him and staple his ass shut!"

So...did you manage to keep your dog quiet after that?   yogi555
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2019, 11:15:06 pm »

Well, I was doin' some thinkin' and you know, being that their last house burned down and all, it's like maybe, somebody left the gate open....... :shrug:

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2019, 11:22:37 pm »

Amazing how many NT have no manners.  Loud stereo, pooping dog....and they 'dare' to get mad at the person upset, by those BAD MANNERS.  That is how I see it.

Online corbe

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2019, 11:26:48 pm »
   NT'ers still have rights, ya know @LegalAmerican ~ His second term hasn't started yet 

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2019, 11:28:59 pm »
I have couple of neighbors (sorta being we live on 3 and 1/2 acres). One is Salt of the Earth excellent (need a tool, we share what we have, he even put up a couple of my famous Christmas lights in his trees).... Other neighbor is a good fellow with a wife and one kid from Hades. Daughter (with a drug problem) pulls up and blares rap music with MF this and that and finally I had to tell her I wasn't having it (would call the police). She stopped the crap music (I told her she was welcome to play any music loud she wanted, just not with vulgar language). Other day bumped into her and she acted like nothing had happened. Druggies are funny folks.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2019, 11:34:23 pm »
Amazing how many NT have no manners.  Loud stereo, pooping dog....and they 'dare' to get mad at the person upset, by those BAD MANNERS.  That is how I see it.

This NTer keeps his dog on one of those shock collar systems (so I have surprises all over my yard). The system works great (until the collar battery wears out about twice a year). She (little beagle) know right up to the inch where her roam range ends.  Leaves her with about 1 and 1/2 acres to do her business.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 11:35:53 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2019, 11:36:54 pm »
   When I first bought this house 20 years ago, they called the cops on me 3 times for excessive (Stereo) noise, there is actually a City Ordinance with a hefty fine.   All those people have since moved on (to hell, probably).  Other than the young lady (45ish) closest to me we drink and party often, the other 4, we get along but I avoid them if I can.
When I bought the house, I was just fine until I backed the Harley in. Then, the BS started. Finally, one of the neighbors had the guts to face off with me, and I informed him I didn't know who was the source of complaints against me, but assured him I was there to stay and I'd outlive them all.
We buried the hatchet some time later, but I have outlived them all.
The new kids around aren't so bad, with one exception. There the police visit so often, I have thought about buying the place and getting a zoning change so I could put in a donut shop. (People are creatures of habit, and I'd have a good starting customer base).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2019, 11:42:28 pm »

If you were my neighbor I'm pretty sure I would shit on your lawn like San Francisco homeless person with the runs. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2019, 11:55:10 pm »
If you were my neighbor I'm pretty sure I would shit on your lawn like San Francisco homeless person with the runs.

...on the way home from the Steakhouse?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2019, 12:16:16 am »
...on the way home from the Steakhouse?
LOL! I doubt he'd have it in him!  :silly: :tongue2:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2019, 12:36:37 am »
LOL! I doubt he'd have it in him!  :silly: :tongue2:

For her I'd ask for a  to-go bag....

Online mountaineer

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2019, 01:25:47 am »
We built this house 10 years ago and were so happy to move out of the little college town in which we formerly lived. We were surrounded by leftist nutballs there. I hated that place.

Here, we get along cordially with our neighbors, help each other out when the need arises, but otherwise give each other space.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2019, 02:04:59 am »
We built this house 10 years ago and were so happy to move out of the little college town in which we formerly lived. We were surrounded by leftist nutballs there. I hated that place.

Here, we get along cordially with our neighbors, help each other out when the need arises, but otherwise give each other space.

In my new little town, Republicans outnumber Democrats by 3 to 1.
I will NOT comply.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2019, 03:38:29 am »
In my new little town, Republicans outnumber Democrats by 3 to 1.
The nearest town has a "Trump Store", brick and mortar, selling Trump Flags and such. You won't see that back East.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2019, 04:28:25 am »
The nearest town has a "Trump Store", brick and mortar, selling Trump Flags and such. You won't see that back East.

Three cities in my County with 20-30,000 each have full-time (year round) brick and mortar GOP HQs, and we do a bang up business selling Trump swag.
I will NOT comply.