Author Topic: 'I don't have a home right now': Turkish NBA player Enes Kanter talks activism, basketball  (Read 276 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
'I don't have a home right now': Turkish NBA player Enes Kanter talks activism, basketball
Outspoken athlete playing in Toronto despite daily death threats from 'Erdogan's goons'
Benjamin Blum · CBC News · Posted: Dec 25, 2019 5:36 AM ET | Last Updated: December 26

Physical and mental toughness are part of the job description for NBA centres, who over a lengthy season constantly battle for every inch of space on the hardwood.

But compared to the real-life dangers Enes Kanter contends with as a consequence of speaking out against Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, boxing out seven-footers for rebounds may seem inconsequential by comparison.

"I don't have a home right now," Kanter told CBC News Network's Steve Niles on Tuesday. "If I was anywhere else besides in America, besides Canada, yes, I believe my life could be in danger because I get death threats almost every day [from] Erdogan's goons.

Much more with video at:  https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/enes-kanter-nba-christmas-turkey-erdogan-1.5408418

Plays for the Celtics, was gifted shoes by Kaepernick.. oh well, you can't have everything perfect.

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
Plays for the Celtics, was gifted shoes by Kaepernick.. oh well, you can't have everything perfect.

Trump needs to send a letter to Erdogan on Kanter's behalf.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021