Author Topic: Moscow Court Extends Detention Of Former U.S. Marine  (Read 257 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Moscow Court Extends Detention Of Former U.S. Marine
« on: December 28, 2019, 02:47:54 am »
Radio Free Europe 12/24/2019

A Moscow court has extended the detention of the former U.S. Marine Paul Whelan until March 29 on espionage charges, Interfax news agency reported on December 24.

"In a case where there is no evidence and no crime, it's time to have him released," Gorman said, according to Reuters, after a visit to Whelan alongside officials from those other three countries.

Russian authorities say they caught Whelan with a flash drive containing classified information. He says he was duped into possessing what he understood to be vacation images.

More: https://www.rferl.org/a/us-diplomat-repeats-call-for-russia-to-free-ex-marine/30340812.html

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Moscow Court Extends Detention Of Former U.S. Marine
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2019, 09:35:15 am »
In a case where there is no evidence and no crime, it's time to have him released

While I agree, we know the model being followed by the Democrats.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis