Author Topic: SpaceX, Blue Origin, Virigin Galactic and other Private Space Companies Thread  (Read 94149 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Scrubbed for today....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
“FAA is basically giving SpaceX a hard time with the licensing because of the engine swap, it is technically a new vehicle. “

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Relayed from Musk:

FAA Space Division has a fundamentally broken regulatory structure.

Their rules are set up for a handful of expendable rocket launches per year from a few governmental facilities.

Under those rules humanity will never get to Mars.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The FAA is under new management and has determined this launch could be progress for The United States and therefore must be stopped until China can surpass our technology.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Did Musk really want to test SN9 in 20 MPH winds?

Yes, maybe Biden's FAA decided to go into full bureaucratic CYA mode, too, but I'm not sure about the true cause of today's mission scrub.  :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The wind is currently 15mph. It would surely be more calm around 3 or 4. I can't believe that wind was an issue.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The wind is currently 15mph. It would surely be more calm around 3 or 4. I can't believe that wind was an issue.

From what I saw at the video, it was the FAA's call, and I thought it was because of the wind...  :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
No comment about why the FAA shut down the test.

Elon Musk
@elonmusk
·
1h
Unlike its aircraft division, which is fine, the FAA space division has a fundamentally broken regulatory structure.

Their rules are meant for a handful of expendable launches per year from a few government facilities. Under those rules, humanity will never get to Mars.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
SN9 is Venting.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
 T-0 is now roughly estimated to be in 30 to 45 minutes. No official SpaceX link.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Engine Chill.

Launch can be any moment.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Statement from FAA just now.

re the SpaceX SN9 flight

"We will continue working with SpaceX  to resolve outstanding Safety Issues before we approve next test flight."

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Another plane approaching the launch site.  Make that multiple planes.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 09:25:39 pm by Elderberry »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Engine Chill.

Launch can be any moment.

What?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If it gets launched, will we be treated to these announcers giggling like little kids this time?  Sounds like the same guys.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Currently aircraft in area hold.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
FAA is now saying  SpaceX's license indicates IF there was an  an anomaly either on the SN8 flight or the SN9 tip over it must be disclosed otherwise no Flying.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
FAA is now saying  SpaceX's license indicates IF there was an  an anomaly either on the SN8 flight or the SN9 tip over it must be disclosed otherwise no Flying.

Meanwhile, it appears the FAA pulled the NOTAM...otherwise there would be no encroaching flights.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Detanking.

Offline Idiot

Detanking.
Ughhhh!!!  I watched all day.  Dang bureaucrats!

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
SpaceX, Elon Musk clash with the FAA over Starship launch license delays

TESLARATI by Eric Ralph 1/28/2021

https://www.teslarati.com/spacex-faa-clash-starship-launch-license-delays/

In a bizarre series of events, SpaceX and CEO Elon Musk spent the day visibly clashing with the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) over Starship launch licensing delays.

Just six weeks ago, Starship serial number 8 (SN8) nearly aced the SpaceX’s first FAA-approved high-altitude launch debut out of South Texas, demonstrating the rocket’s ability to safely launch to high altitudes and return back to earth. Though a pressurization issue ultimately caused SN8 to lose thrust and impact the ground before it could gently touch down, the Starship made it a full six and a half minutes into a roughly seven-minute test flight before anything went wrong – a degree of success far greater than almost anyone at SpaceX confidently expected.

In the leadup to a bizarre last-minute abort of what may or may not have been Starship SN9’s first real launch attempt, Musk had some strong words for the FAA’s space division, deeming its regulatory structure “fundamentally broken” and a regime under which “humanity will never get to Mars.” Not long after that and in the midst of a great deal of uncertainty and mixed messages about the status of the rocket’s FAA launch license, SpaceX appeared to begin loading Starship SN9 with liquid oxygen and methane propellant.

Because a launch flow is virtually indistinguishable – aside from paperwork – from the process of preparing a Starship for a wet dress rehearsal (WDR) or Raptor engine static fire, it’s impossible to know if SpaceX was attempting to hedge its bets or simply taking advantage of established readiness to perform additional ground tests.

incredibly weird given that SN9 is a virtually identical copy of Starship SN8, which the FAA approved to fly an identical trajectory like six weeks ago. https://t.co/DQCxYdA5rV
— Eric Ralph (@13ericralph31) January 28, 2021

It was pretty clear they didn't have FAA authorization. My assumption is that SpaceX expected to obtain it at some point today.
— Eric Berger (@SciGuySpace) January 28, 2021

According to vague but official comments from the FAA provided to Washington Post reporter Christian Davenport, the licensing issue “is related to SN9,” which could imply a vehicle hardware or software issue but could just as easily be true for almost anything even tangentially related to the launch (range, ground systems, politics, semi-arbitrary risk analysis, etc).

Ultimately, perhaps just a minute or less away from a possible static fire or launch, SpaceX aborted Starship SN9’s mysterious January 28th test and gradually detanked the rocket over the next few hours.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think the FAA was trying to make some last minute hay over the "Ilene" incident....
I will NOT comply.

Offline Idiot

I think the FAA was trying to make some last minute hay over the "Ilene" incident....
I think it's because Musk criticized the tech stock darlings and this was payback.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
No FAA approval yet. Launch window Today closes at 2PM.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I think it's because Musk criticized the tech stock darlings and this was payback.

My thoughts too.  Strange all the sudden, FAA wants to get involved.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.