Author Topic: We're Living in the (Almost) Best of Times.. Michael Barone  (Read 156 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
We're Living in the (Almost) Best of Times.. Michael Barone
« on: December 27, 2019, 04:12:50 pm »
We're Living in the (Almost) Best of Times
Michael Barone

Posted: Dec 27, 2019 12:01 AM

The best of times, the worst of times. Your instinct on which one we're living through is affected by your basic temperament, but it also depends on how well you're observing -- and quantifying -- things in the world around you.

Temperamentally, in the United States -- or at least in that loud, if not large, part of it dominated by political tweets -- the overwhelming weight of opinion, crossing party lines that are unusually rigid in this period of American history, is that we live in the worst of times.

President Donald Trump, enjoying all-but-unanimous support from Republicans in polls, tells us that we are living on the brink of disaster, at risk of being sucked under the sludge by vicious creatures of the swamp.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/michaelbarone/2019/12/27/were-living-in-the-almost-best-of-times-n2558574
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: We're Living in the (Almost) Best of Times.. Michael Barone
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2019, 06:14:40 pm »
This is why I don't Twitter.  I choose not to be miserable.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: