Author Topic: Boris Johnson won on trade and immigration, showing the way for Trump reelection: Strategist  (Read 615 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Boris Johnson won on trade and immigration, showing the way for Trump reelection: Strategist
by Rob Crilly  | December 17, 2019 12:00 AM

The Left’s inability to understand voter anger over immigration and trade helped propel Boris Johnson to a surprise landslide victory in Britain, according to an American strategist who worked on the campaign, offering clear lessons for President Trump’s reelection efforts.

Johnson was returned as prime minister with a majority of 80 seats last week, a far higher margin than forecast. Analysts have been poring over the results trying to understand what it means for Johnson’s ally, Trump.

Brett O’Donnell, a veteran of campaigns headed by George W. Bush, John McCain, and Mitt Romney, spent three weeks in the United Kingdom preparing Johnson for televised debates. He said: “The size of the victory surprised me. But it proves those feelings are still running very deep, and I think they are running deep here in the United States as well.”

Read more at: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/boris-johnson-won-on-trade-and-immigration-showing-the-way-for-trump-reelection-strategist

Offline PeteS in CA

Not to detract from PM Johnson in the least, but immigration and trade have been among Trump's target issues since 2015. So, plus or minus some refinement and a few new issues, the heart of Trump's campaign message is likely to be, "More of the same".
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Not to detract from PM Johnson in the least, but immigration and trade have been among Trump's target issues since 2015. So, plus or minus some refinement and a few new issues, the heart of Trump's campaign message is likely to be, "More of the same".

Politics is derivative in many ways (just like music), it is hard to assert credit for certain issues period as far as I'm concerned, most of it has been thought of before.

Sometimes, it takes ideas a while to germinate... and I'm sure before Pat Buchanan someone said these kinds of things... but even if one wants to diss Buchanan's influence, as seems to happen in forums, there are a number of articles that say this.  This is probably one of the more prominent ones and besides, Pat wrote about 5 of those books in the 2000s that harped on this subject, "Death of the West", "Suicide of a Superpower" and so on... and even then, I'm not happy with all that Pat says. Too isolationist for me actually.  I like a lot of what he says, not all.
Pat Buchanan: Donald Trump Stole My Playbook
THROWBACK

More than two decades before Trump’s presidential bid, Pat Buchanan called for a wall with Mexico. But instead of being embraced by the GOP, he was shunned.
Eleanor Clift
Updated Jul. 12, 2017 7:38PM ET / Published Jun. 01, 2016 1:00AM ET

When Pat Buchanan first proposed building a fence on the Mexican border, the Republican establishment was shocked, shocked! The candidate’s sister and campaign manager, Bay Buchanan, pushed for language in the 1992 GOP platform calling for “structures” on the border. Surely you don’t mean a fence, she was told. “We’re not talking about lighthouses,” she replied.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/pat-buchanan-donald-trump-stole-my-playbook

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"When Pat Buchanan first proposed building a fence on the Mexican border, the Republican establishment was shocked, shocked!"

I was posting about the idea before Pat.
I think he got it from me!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Boris Johnson won on trade and immigration, showing the way for Trump reelection: Strategist
by Rob Crilly  | December 17, 2019 12:00 AM

The Left’s inability to understand voter anger over immigration and trade helped propel Boris Johnson to a surprise landslide victory in Britain, according to an American strategist who worked on the campaign, offering clear lessons for President Trump’s reelection efforts.

Three of my favorite words....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: