Author Topic: Convict Trump: The Constitution is more important than abortion  (Read 2969 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Convict Trump: The Constitution is more important than abortion
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2019, 06:31:42 pm »
Your argument might carry more weight if you supported kicking Trump out of office before the Election if the Articles were about his not being "conservative" enough.  Instead you are four-square in favor of Conviction because Trump talked to Ukrainians.

@Chosen Daughter

No, absolutely not.  I have said I don't know if what he did was impeachable.  But he did advise people not to testify.  I want testimonies from all of them.  Schiff, Bolton, Mulvaney.....  Mulvaney is the one who said there was a quid pro quo.

Fair trial.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2019, 06:36:19 pm »
Your argument might carry more weight if you supported kicking Trump out of office before the Election if the Articles were about his not being "conservative" enough.  Instead you are four-square in favor of Conviction because Trump talked to Ukrainians.

@Chosen Daughter

Well and he certainly is not Conservative or Republican.  He even said that he was going to have a "Workers Party".  He shouldn't even be running on the Republican ticket.  Because he has transformed the party into a Q anon personality cult that waits on his secret signs.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2019, 06:37:36 pm »
Because he has transformed the party into a Q anon personality cult that waits on his secret signs.
Congratulations, you've officially gone off the rails.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2019, 06:46:23 pm »
Please remember to comment on members' ideas, not on the members.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2019, 06:49:30 pm »
My bad. The idea that anyone who supports Trump necessarily is part of a Q anon personality cult that waits on his secret signs is really nuts.

Do I have to say this for the umpteenth time? I don't even consider myself a Trump supporter, just a realist who acknowledges that he won the election and, thank goodness, he's done some good things. But saying stuff like "Q anon personality cult" doesn't contribute anything to the discussion.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2019, 06:50:11 pm »

No I haven't.

Sen. Bob Corker: Republican Party Now in ‘Cult-Like Situation’ With Trump

Retiring Sen. Bob Corker (R-TN) on Wednesday was extremely critical of the state of the Republican Party in the wake of major primary victories for the GOP’s far-right, Trumpist contingency.

“We’re in a strange place,” Corker told told MSNBC the morning after incumbent conservative Rep. Mark Sanford (R-SC) lost his primary battle against Trump-approved candidate Katie Arrington. “I mean it's almost becoming a cultish thing, isn’t it? It’s not a good place for any party to end up with a cult-like situation as it relates to a president that happens to be of, purportedly, of the same party.”
Sanford lost his shot at reelection Tuesday evening, just hours after President Trump publicly scorched him for being insufficiently deferential to the Trump administration.

“Mark Sanford has been very unhelpful to me in my campaign to MAGA,” the president wrote, hours before the polls closed. “He is MIA and nothing but trouble. He is better off in Argentina. I fully endorse Katie Arrington for Congress in SC, a state I love. She is tough on crime and will continue our fight to lower taxes. VOTE Katie!”

Corker also gave a speech on the Senate floor Tuesday afternoon bashing his party’s leadership and suggesting that they essentially cower before the president—especially on issues like tariffs, which, under any other president, would be a bugaboo for Republicans.

“We might poke the bear!” the senator said, specifically arguing that Republicans refused to vote on legislation that would give Congress the chance to reject or accept Trump’s proposed new tariffs.

“The United States Senate right now on June 12 is becoming a body where, well, we'll do what we can do, but my gosh, if the president gets upset with us, then we might not be in the majority,” he continued. “And so let’s don't do anything that might upset the president.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/sen-bob-corker-republican-party-now-in-cult-like-situation-with-trump

t a rally in Tampa, Florida, Tuesday evening in support of Representative Ron DeSantis, President Donald Trump hit on familiar themes, boasting of being America's most popular Republican ever, attacking the "fake media" and drawing chants of "Build the wall."
Sharp-eyed viewers may have noticed a plethora of signs held aloft by members of the crowd not emblazoned with the customary Trump slogans but with "We Are Q" or "QAnon."

Others wore a T-shirt with a large Q encircling a YouTube logo. Slogans also referred to Seth Rich, a Democratic Party staffer whose death last year became the focus of baseless right-wing conspiracy theories.

https://www.newsweek.com/what-qanon-conspiracy-theorists-showed-support-trump-tampa-rally-1051708

Haven't gone off the rails.  Its a real thing and people should recognize it.  Unless they are the sort to drink the poison.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2019, 06:50:55 pm »

Coming from @mountaineer this comment should mean something to you @Chosen Daughter. A more fair minded member than she would be hard to find.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2019, 07:02:34 pm »
No, absolutely not.  I have said I don't know if what he did was impeachable.  But he did advise people not to testify.  I want testimonies from all of them.  Schiff, Bolton, Mulvaney.....  Mulvaney is the one who said there was a quid pro quo.

Fair trial.

Are you in Pelosi's camp about "fair trials" for Prosecutors?  Generally, we consider trials to be "fair" to the accused, not the State. 

Bucking for Impeachment since the '16 election is Partisan, and you have been joined with the Democrats ever since.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2019, 07:04:31 pm »
No I haven't.

Sen. Bob Corker: Republican Party Now in ‘Cult-Like Situation’ With Trump

Retiring Sen. Bob Corker (R-TN) on Wednesday was extremely critical of the state of the Republican Party in the wake of major primary victories for the GOP’s far-right, Trumpist contingency.

“We’re in a strange place,” Corker told told MSNBC the morning after incumbent conservative Rep. Mark Sanford (R-SC) lost his primary battle against Trump-approved candidate Katie Arrington. “I mean it's almost becoming a cultish thing, isn’t it? It’s not a good place for any party to end up with a cult-like situation as it relates to a president that happens to be of, purportedly, of the same party.”
Sanford lost his shot at reelection Tuesday evening, just hours after President Trump publicly scorched him for being insufficiently deferential to the Trump administration.

“Mark Sanford has been very unhelpful to me in my campaign to MAGA,” the president wrote, hours before the polls closed. “He is MIA and nothing but trouble. He is better off in Argentina. I fully endorse Katie Arrington for Congress in SC, a state I love. She is tough on crime and will continue our fight to lower taxes. VOTE Katie!”

Corker also gave a speech on the Senate floor Tuesday afternoon bashing his party’s leadership and suggesting that they essentially cower before the president—especially on issues like tariffs, which, under any other president, would be a bugaboo for Republicans.

“We might poke the bear!” the senator said, specifically arguing that Republicans refused to vote on legislation that would give Congress the chance to reject or accept Trump’s proposed new tariffs.

“The United States Senate right now on June 12 is becoming a body where, well, we'll do what we can do, but my gosh, if the president gets upset with us, then we might not be in the majority,” he continued. “And so let’s don't do anything that might upset the president.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/sen-bob-corker-republican-party-now-in-cult-like-situation-with-trump

t a rally in Tampa, Florida, Tuesday evening in support of Representative Ron DeSantis, President Donald Trump hit on familiar themes, boasting of being America's most popular Republican ever, attacking the "fake media" and drawing chants of "Build the wall."
Sharp-eyed viewers may have noticed a plethora of signs held aloft by members of the crowd not emblazoned with the customary Trump slogans but with "We Are Q" or "QAnon."

Others wore a T-shirt with a large Q encircling a YouTube logo. Slogans also referred to Seth Rich, a Democratic Party staffer whose death last year became the focus of baseless right-wing conspiracy theories.

https://www.newsweek.com/what-qanon-conspiracy-theorists-showed-support-trump-tampa-rally-1051708

Haven't gone off the rails.  Its a real thing and people should recognize it.  Unless they are the sort to drink the poison.

Corker's off the rails, it's why he's not a Senator lately.  Maybe McCain would be a better example of a "principled Statesman."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2019, 07:05:10 pm »
Coming from @mountaineer this comment should mean something to you @Chosen Daughter. A more fair minded member than she would be hard to find.

Agreed. 
I will NOT comply.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2019, 07:06:12 pm »

Fair trial.

How about all of that reportedly exculpatory testimony from Schiffs secret hearing Pelosi refuses to release.

Bet you couldn’t care less about that.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2019, 07:08:47 pm »
I have said I don't know if what he did was impeachable.

@Chosen Daughter , What exactly is it that Trump did?

I want testimonies from all of them.  Schiff, Bolton, Mulvaney..... 

Unfortunately, the House Judiciary Committee does not.  Which is why it failed to call any of them as witnesses.

Mulvaney is the one who said there was a quid pro quo.

Uh, no.  Mulvaney said no such thing.  it was ABC reporter Jonathan Karl who said there was a quid pro quo.  Mulvaney was simply describing how foreign aid worked.  And if you actually looked at the facts of this case - facts that the Democrats are desperately trying to hide - you would realize the key part missing from 'quid pro quo' is the 'pro quo' part.  We gave Ukraine aid - aid that the Obama Administration refused to give.  And in return for that aid, what did we get?  Do you know?  Because if you can't identify the 'pro quo' here, then any continued reference to is is just plain dishonest.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2019, 07:09:52 pm »
How about all of that reportedly exculpatory testimony from Schiffs secret hearing Pelosi refuses to release.

Bet you couldn’t care less about that.

I don't think Rats care about Ukraine, it's just the tool available at hand to get rid of the hated Trump.  "Any port in a storm."
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2019, 07:17:49 pm »
Are you in Pelosi's camp about "fair trials" for Prosecutors?  Generally, we consider trials to be "fair" to the accused, not the State. 

Bucking for Impeachment since the '16 election is Partisan, and you have been joined with the Democrats ever since.

I am not joined with the democrats you are.  Trump is the liberal.  Him and his entire family.  You are talking about nothing absolutely nothing.  And right under your nose Trump has been giving Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer everything they want.  I think even these impeachment hearings were a sham with no intended purpose except excite Trumps base.  Nancy holding onto the letters of impeachment and inviting him to give the state of the union.  Our government has become a joke.  One Democrat compliments another.  All of this has done nothing but grow the Trump cult.  I don't feel sorry for him a bit.

I said I want to see Schiff testify, I want them all too.  And I hear it all the time.  Everyone is after Trump.  What a bunch of hogwash.  Ask Trump he is saying he doesn't even feel as if he was impeached.  Because it has no significance.  Its a farce and Trump will go on to work with his friends Nancy and Chuck to further erode our Constitution.  To sign every single trillion dollar spending bill they want.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2019, 07:21:40 pm »
No I haven't.

Consider this your intervention...because yes, my friend, you have.  You and another member here are “damn the torpedoes” 24/7 full on anti trump...to the point of ridiculousness.   And before you think me a poison drinker, go back and read some of my posting history.   And then consider the source when I tell you that you’ve gone round the bend. 

Sent with nothing but respect.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Online Hoodat

« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2019, 07:26:39 pm »
I don't think Rats care about Ukraine, it's just the tool available at hand to get rid of the hated Trump.  "Any port in a storm."

I disagree.  I think the Democrats had quite a profitable iscam going on in Ukraine skimming money from basic influence peddling as well as State Department grants.  Yovanovitch transitioned from full time ambassador to part time lecturer (2 lectures a week) at Georgetown University for the exact same over-the-table salary, yet she is complaining?  Something doesn't add up.  Follow the money.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2019, 07:28:15 pm »
Consider this your intervention...because yes, my friend, you have.  You and another member here are “damn the torpedoes” 24/7 full on anti trump...to the point of ridiculousness.   And before you think me a poison drinker, go back and read some of my posting history.   And then consider the source when I tell you that you’ve gone round the bend. 

Sent with nothing but respect.

And with all due respect to you as long as the bend isn't in Trumps direction.  And the comment was in relation to acknowledging that there are factions in the Trump fandom that are Q.  Trump even had the lunatics to the White House.  If you relate then fine.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 07:30:23 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2019, 07:29:46 pm »
@Chosen Daughter , What exactly is it that Trump did?

Unfortunately, the House Judiciary Committee does not.  Which is why it failed to call any of them as witnesses.

Uh, no.  Mulvaney said no such thing.  it was ABC reporter Jonathan Karl who said there was a quid pro quo.  Mulvaney was simply describing how foreign aid worked.  And if you actually looked at the facts of this case - facts that the Democrats are desperately trying to hide - you would realize the key part missing from 'quid pro quo' is the 'pro quo' part.  We gave Ukraine aid - aid that the Obama Administration refused to give.  And in return for that aid, what did we get?  Do you know?  Because if you can't identify the 'pro quo' here, then any continued reference to is is just plain dishonest.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/mulvaney-confirms-there-was-a-quid-pro-quo

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2019, 07:32:08 pm »
And with all due respect to you as long as the bend isn't in Trumps direction.  And the comment was in relation to acknowledging that there are factions in the Trump fandom that are Q.  If you relate then fine.
Because you obviously skipped over the “read some of my posting history”
Ask @TomSea @DCPatriot  or @Right_in_Virginia how big of a trump guy I am. And then please consider the source when I say you’ve gone round the bend, friend.  No one likes to hear it said...doesn’t change the facts.   I’ll say no more because I don’t want to come across as haranguing  you.  I hope you had a Merry Christmas and have a great New Year.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2019, 07:36:00 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Another thing.  Through these Trump years who is the most influential Senator for President Trump?  McCain friend Lindsey Graham.  He criticizes Trump and then he rolls over for him.  Keeps everyone loving and hating the most liberal Senator there is.  The gang of eight illegal immigrant advocate Lindsey Graham.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #70 on: December 27, 2019, 07:39:05 pm »
Because you obviously skipped over the “read some of my posting history”
Ask @TomSea @DCPatriot  or @Right_in_Virginia how big of a trump guy I am. And then please consider the source when I say you’ve gone round the bend, friend.  No one likes to hear it said...doesn’t change the facts.   I’ll say no more because I don’t want to come across as haranguing  you.  I hope you had a Merry Christmas and have a great New Year.

I know that I have gone around the bend my friend.  You don't have to tell me.  l left a church over Trump and I don't regret turning the bend one bit.  They aren't worth it.  And believe me they are the bilking people kind of place that is filling with the political praise of Commander of church Trump.

And turning the bend is the appropriate change of path to stay the course.  Because Trump makes his presidency about what he has done for Christians.  Which is nothing.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 07:40:57 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2019, 07:44:12 pm »
I am not joined with the democrats you are.  Trump is the liberal.  Him and his entire family.

That has absolutely zero bearing on this impeachment case.  Being liberal or Conservative is not an impeachable offense.  The ends do not justify the means, ever.  Just because one may think him to be a liberal does not give one the right to deny due process, bear false witness, etc., just to get him thrown out of office.  If Trump did something worthy of impeachment, then by all means impeach him.  But so far, no one, including you, has been able to come up with that something.

I said I want to see Schiff testify, I want them all too. 

The House Judiciary Committed has made it plainly clear that they do not.

Its a farce and Trump will go on to work with his friends Nancy and Chuck to further erode our Constitution.  To sign every single trillion dollar spending bill they want.

I am with you on this 100%.  However, that is not grounds for impeachment.  And I refuse to get in alignment with lies, injustice, and abuse of power just to remove Trump from office.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2019, 07:44:24 pm »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2019, 07:48:17 pm »

The first rule of holes, illustrated. :tongue2:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2019, 08:09:57 pm »
That has absolutely zero bearing on this impeachment case.  Being liberal or Conservative is not an impeachable offense.  The ends do not justify the means, ever.  Just because one may think him to be a liberal does not give one the right to deny due process, bear false witness, etc., just to get him thrown out of office.  If Trump did something worthy of impeachment, then by all means impeach him.  But so far, no one, including you, has been able to come up with that something.

The House Judiciary Committed has made it plainly clear that they do not.

I am with you on this 100%.  However, that is not grounds for impeachment.  And I refuse to get in alignment with lies, injustice, and abuse of power just to remove Trump from office.

I am happy that we can agree on this.  And as I have said over and over I don't know if what he has done is impeachable, but I support the testimonies of all the witnesses so that we can reach that conclusion.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 08:10:55 pm by Chosen Daughter »