Author Topic: The Supreme Court Could End Sanctuary Policies Nationwide  (Read 1007 times)

rangerrebew

The Supreme Court Could End Sanctuary Policies Nationwide
« on: December 25, 2019, 06:03:17 pm »

The Supreme Court Could End Sanctuary Policies Nationwide
avatar By David Jaroslav   December 18, 2019 

The Supreme Court could soon decide the constitutionality of sanctuary policies. Before the Court now is a case that reviews the validity of California’s sanctuary-state law, Senate Bill (SB) 54, the so-called “California Values Act.”  This law prohibits state and local law enforcement from cooperating  with federal immigration authorities, placing illegal aliens above the rule of law at the expense of the safety of American citizens and legal immigrants.

The United States Department of Justice (DOJ) sued California on March 7, 2018, asking the federal district court for an injunction to block the state from enforcing SB 54.  Numerous local governments and elected officials across the state filed amicus (“friend of the court”) briefs supporting DOJ. 

https://www.immigrationreform.com/2019/12/18/supreme-court-sanctuary-policy-immigrationreform-com/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: The Supreme Court Could End Sanctuary Policies Nationwide
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2019, 08:50:18 pm »
I wonder how this would affect the Second Amendment Sanctuaries?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2019, 09:18:54 pm »
From the linked article:

On October 22 of this year DOJ filed a petition with the U.S. Supreme Court asking it to review the case.  The Supreme Court doesn’t automatically have to decide to accept an appeal on the merits – it typically gets more than 7,000 such petitions a year, and only grants 100-150 of them.

Hopefully the USSC agrees to hear the case.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2019, 11:42:03 pm »
"I wonder how this would affect the Second Amendment Sanctuaries?"

The illegal sanctuaries are intended to nullify federal laws.

Second Amendment sanctuaries are intended to guarantee a right appearing directly within the Constitution. In other words, to protect federal laws.

I see some distinction between the two.
But I don't know if the Justices would see the same.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2019, 11:47:37 pm »
"I wonder how this would affect the Second Amendment Sanctuaries?"

I see some distinction between the two.
But I don't know if the Justices would see the same.

Agreed.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2019, 01:20:52 am »
I guess it would depend on the circumstances of the tyranny in question.  If ICE Agents were being dispatched to confiscate arms, there would be an interesting discussion.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2019, 02:51:35 am »
I wonder how this would affect the Second Amendment Sanctuaries?
Are they in violation of Constitutional laws? The Second is an enumerated Civil Right, aiding and abetting those who are here illegally is not.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2019, 05:01:09 am »
With Roberts as the deciding vote, I don't hold out much hope.
For whatever reason, blackmail or extortion of some kind, he is a puppet of Soros.
This is the guy who rewrote Obamacare in the middle of the trial, to make it conform to HIS version of 'legal'.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.