Author Topic: Brunei makes celebrating Christmas a criminal offense  (Read 604 times)

rangerrebew

Brunei makes celebrating Christmas a criminal offense
« on: December 25, 2019, 05:47:23 pm »
Brunei makes celebrating Christmas a criminal offense

Dec 25, 2019 9:00 am By Robert Spencer 17 Comments

Imagine the outcry if any nation had made celebrating any Islamic festival a criminal offense. But no one will take any significant note of this.

“Brunei has made celebrating Christmas a criminal offence,” by Mark Kelly, Pattaya One, December 23, 2019

Anyone found illegally celebrating Christmas in Brunei could face up to five years in prison, according to a reported declaration by the Sultan of the tiny oil-rich state.

Brunei introduced its ban on Christmas last year over fears that celebrating it “excessively and openly” could lead its Muslim population astray.

Christians and others can celebrate Christmas, but must do so in private and have to first alert the authorities.

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2019/12/brunei-makes-celebrating-christmas-a-criminal-offense

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Brunei makes celebrating Christmas a criminal offense
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2019, 08:03:38 pm »
I wonder if that is one of those countries that criminalizes homosexuality.  Maybe Trump can launch a global campaign to stop Christ from being a criminal in these countries like he is doing for the gays.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/trump-administration-launches-global-effort-end-criminalization-homosexuality-n973081
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2019, 08:22:22 pm »
I wonder if that is one of those countries that criminalizes homosexuality. 
Yes, it is.

From May, 2019:
(CNN)Brunei will not impose the death penalty on those convicted of having gay sex, in an apparent bid to temper international condemnation following its roll out of strict new Islamic laws last month.

In a televised speech on Sunday, the country's ruler, Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah, said he would extend a moratorium on capital punishment and ratify the United Nations Convention Against Torture.

The announcement follows a global backlash to the country's announcement in April that it would impose draconian new punishments, including death by stoning, for those convicted of gay sex, adultery and rape. ...
Full story
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2019, 08:55:37 pm »
Yes, it is.

From May, 2019:Full story

And for such a Christian president wouldn't it be better to wage a Global Campaign for Democracy and freedom for all people.  Rather than demand freedoms only for gays?

For a president that has done more for Christians?  While they are slaughtered and persecuted around the world by Islam.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 08:57:59 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2019, 09:01:07 pm »
 *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2019, 09:13:28 pm »
And for such a Christian president wouldn't it be better to wage a Global Campaign for Democracy and freedom for all people.  Rather than demand freedoms only for gays?

For a president that has done more for Christians?  While they are slaughtered and persecuted around the world by Islam.

WTF is wrong with you
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2019, 09:22:42 pm »
WTF is wrong with you

What is wrong with me for wanting all people to be saved from Islamic penalty?  What is wrong with you?  I have a right to point out that our most Christian president ever has allowed Islamic Dictator Erdogan to go in and ethnically cleanse Christians.  Who based on one case of a homosexual execution in Iran starts a Global campaign to save the gays.  While ignoring that Christians are being executed in many Islamic states for their faith.  If you look at @mountaineer link Trump has done nothing but fall in line with UN and European Globalists to only condemn executions based on homosexuality.  But we know that women suffer acid attacks and stonings.  We know that women are mutilated sexually but nothing from Trump or the Global community to save them from Sharia Law.  And certainly nothing to save Christians from execution or imprisonment for having a Bible or telling someone about Christ...……..Even just celebrating Christmas.

Brunei backs down on gay sex death penalty after international backlash

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/05/asia/brunei-lgbt-death-penalty-intl/index.html

Christians in Brunei

https://vom.com.au/christians-in-brunei/
Merry Christmas!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 09:54:40 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2019, 10:41:57 pm »
What is wrong with me

TDS. Bigtime.

(There is no charge.)