Author Topic: Ethiopian Muslims protest after several mosques burned  (Read 395 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Ethiopian Muslims protest after several mosques burned
« on: December 25, 2019, 01:57:12 am »
Ethiopian Muslims protest after several mosques burned

Ethiopians call for justice after four mosques burned in attacks in the Amhara region.

Several thousand Muslims across Ethiopia in recent days have protested against the burning of four mosques in the Amhara region.

The attacks last Friday in Motta town, more than 350km (217 miles) north of the capital Addis Ababa, also targeted Muslim-owned businesses. Muslims have called for the perpetrators to be brought to justice.

Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed has called the attacks "attempts by extremists to break down our rich history of religious tolerance and coexistence". Recent ethnic-based unrest in some parts of the country has at times taken religious form.

Read more at: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/12/ethiopian-muslims-protest-mosques-burned-191224141944689.html

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Re: Ethiopian Muslims protest after several mosques burned
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2019, 03:12:03 am »
My give a damn meter is broken.   999yawn 999yawn

After muslims slaughtered dozens of women in Burkina Faso, I'm of the opinion they should count themselves lucky that it was only buildings that were burned.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2019, 05:49:41 am »
All craps are given, all damns are busted.

Next.
The Republic is lost.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2019, 02:51:29 pm »
Damn.  What a shame.  Only 4 you say?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.