Author Topic: Virginia Governor Northam Increases Corrections Budget In Anticipation Of Jailing Gun Owners  (Read 1699 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

NRA ILA
Contributor
December 24, 2019 10:30 AM ET

As if Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam’s wholesale attack on law-abiding gun owners wasn’t enough, the disgraced public official and his Michael Bloomberg-bought allies in the General Assembly now want the state’s hard-working taxpayers to foot the bill for their unconstitutional schemes. The budget bill (HB30) includes an appropriation of a quarter million dollars to carry out a host of gun control measures that Northam and his anti-gun allies hope to enact.

The $250,000 is appropriated to the Corrections Special Reserve Fund in order to provide for the “increase in the operating cost of adult correctional facilities resulting from the enactment” of Northam’s gun control measures. Among the enumerated laws that this allocation is meant to fund is a ban on commonly-owned semi-automatic firearms, the criminalization of private firearms transfers, and gun confiscation orders issued without due process.

Aside from the insult of forcing law-abiding Virginia taxpayers to pay for the diminution of their rights, the gun control allocation is a severe waste of resources. Northam’s Bloomberg-backed gun control measures will not make Virginia safer.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2019/12/24/virginia-governor-northam-increases-corrections-budget-in-anticipation-of-jailing-gun-owners/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
NRA ILA
Contributor

Aside from the insult of forcing law-abiding Virginia taxpayers to pay for the diminution of their rights, the gun control allocation is a severe waste of resources. Northam’s Bloomberg-backed gun control measures will not make Virginia safer.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2019/12/24/virginia-governor-northam-increases-corrections-budget-in-anticipation-of-jailing-gun-owners/

@mystery-ak

Yeah,that's ONE way of putting it

BTW,this isn't like the typical Dim promises where they pound their chests and rant and rave about what they are going to do. This fool is SERIOUS. He is going to make his play now while he thinks he has the authority,and he flat doesn't give a damn who gets killed or ruined for life because he knows it won't be him or anyone in his family.

This thing really IS going to happen.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline EdinVA

Only 50% of registered voters in VA cast ballots in the November election so now we have to deal with the fallout...Folks gotta get off their butts and vote or we are in for some very tough times ahead..

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
NRA ILA
Contributor

more

@mystery-ak

BTW,it isn't designed to make Virginia safer. It's purpose is to make the Governor and his pals safer as they betray their offices and work to make America a cog in the "global machine" instead of the independent nation we are now. He and the rest of the left understand very well they will be targets when they do this because they know they are laying and are committing treason by betraying their oaths of office.

Offline mountaineer

This klansman is freakin' nuts.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

But...but... It's okay when they do it.

Just ask 'em.

I'd bet dollars to donuts that the governor's security detail will have short barreled fully automatic firearms in their possession when on the job.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
But...but... It's okay when they do it.

Just ask 'em.

I'd bet dollars to donuts that the governor's security detail will have short barreled fully automatic firearms in their possession when on the job.

@Smokin Joe

NOT taking THAT bet! I will eat my own donuts,thank you very much!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@mountaineer

In one of the yuppie fraternities and driving a Corvette in college. We have all dealt with these clowns and their sense of entitlement at one time or another,haven't we?

Offline mountaineer

In one of the yuppie fraternities and driving a Corvette in college. We have all dealt with these clowns and their sense of entitlement at one time or another,haven't we?
Indeed.

Offline mountaineer

Virginia officials: We're enforcing new gun laws, like it or not. Police: Umm - who exactly is 'we'?
Posted by Leah Anaya | Dec 22, 2019

VIRGINIA- They’re well aware that massive numbers of police officers, veterans and other residents are so adamantly opposed to their sweeping gun control legislation that they’re fighting back.

But Virginia officials want the “peasants” to know they don’t give a damn.

In a four page opinion, Virginia Attorney General Mark Herring stated that localities who have declared themselves Second Amendment Sanctuaries (and there are a lot) have “no legal effect.”  He went on to say:  “When the General Assembly passes new gun safety laws, they will be enforced, and they will be followed. These [Second Amendment Sanctuary] resolutions have no legal force, and they’re just part of an effort by the gun lobby to stoke fear.”   ...

...  Sheriff Jenkins thanked the Culpeper County Board of Supervisors for declaring their intention to defend their rights.  Further, he said:  “Every Sheriff and Commonwealth Attorney in Virginia will see the consequences if our General Assembly passes further unnecessary gun restrictions.  America has more guns than citizens and murder has long been illegal. At best, the proposed gun restrictions will disarm or handicap our law-abiding in their defense and possibly cause a criminal to choose another tool for evil.”   ...  Law Enforcement Today, "Virginia officials: We're enforcing new gun laws, like it or not. Police: Umm - who exactly is 'we'?"

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Virginia officials: We're enforcing new gun laws, like it or not. Police: Umm - who exactly is 'we'?
Posted by Leah Anaya | Dec 22, 2019

VIRGINIA- They’re well aware that massive numbers of police officers, veterans and other residents are so adamantly opposed to their sweeping gun control legislation that they’re fighting back.

But Virginia officials want the “peasants” to know they don’t give a damn.

In a four page opinion, Virginia Attorney General Mark Herring stated that localities who have declared themselves Second Amendment Sanctuaries (and there are a lot) have “no legal effect.”  He went on to say:  “When the General Assembly passes new gun safety laws, they will be enforced, and they will be followed. These [Second Amendment Sanctuary] resolutions have no legal force, and they’re just part of an effort by the gun lobby to stoke fear.”   ...

...  Sheriff Jenkins thanked the Culpeper County Board of Supervisors for declaring their intention to defend their rights.  Further, he said:  “Every Sheriff and Commonwealth Attorney in Virginia will see the consequences if our General Assembly passes further unnecessary gun restrictions.  America has more guns than citizens and murder has long been illegal. At best, the proposed gun restrictions will disarm or handicap our law-abiding in their defense and possibly cause a criminal to choose another tool for evil.”   ...  Law Enforcement Today, "Virginia officials: We're enforcing new gun laws, like it or not. Police: Umm - who exactly is 'we'?"

@  I honestly beleive that Northam,that totally clueless fool, plans on going ahead with the gun confiscations,and his backup plan is to call up the NG. If that doesn't work,and I HONESTLY believe he thinks it will,he will call on the President to bring in the 82nd Abn division to do the confiscating for him.

While I HONESTLY also expect Trump to tell him to go piss up a rope,if he doesn't,and the 82nd IS brought in to confiscate citizens guns,that's when it is going to start to get REAL interesting.

It just might be "Show and Tell" time,and there ain't going to be no putting THAT rabbit back in the box,because every gun owner in every state in the nation will KNOW a precedent is being established and if they allow this to happen in VA,it WILL be happening in their states,also.

Who is the Va Lt Governor,and is he/she/undecided as big a fool as Northam? I ask because there seems to be an increasing possibility of him fleeing VA and seeking refuge in NYC or somewhere similar.

Anyone from that area have any better guesses or predictions? I know nothing about any of the key players in this drama,other than what I read on the web,which is ALWAYS biased.

BTW,is it possible for the Virginia State Assembly,or whatever they call it,to meet and vote to remove Northam from office? Anybody know?

If it is,what is the likelihood of this happening?

« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 05:52:14 pm by sneakypete »

Offline EdinVA

@  I honestly beleive that Northam,that totally clueless fool, plans on going ahead with the gun confiscations,and his backup plan is to call up the NG. If that doesn't work,and I HONESTLY believe he thinks it will,he will call on the President to bring in the 82nd Abn division to do the confiscating for him.

While I HONESTLY also expect Trump to tell him to go piss up a rope,if he doesn't,and the 82nd IS brought in to confiscate citizens guns,that's when it is going to start to get REAL interesting.

It just might be "Show and Tell" time,and there ain't going to be no putting THAT rabbit back in the box,because every gun owner in every state in the nation will KNOW a precedent is being established and if they allow this to happen in VA,it WILL be happening in their states,also.

Who is the Va Lt Governor,and is he/she/undecided as big a fool as Northam? I ask because there seems to be an increasing possibility of him fleeing VA and seeking refuge in NYC or somewhere similar.

Anyone from that area have any better guesses or predictions? I know nothing about any of the key players in this drama,other than what I read on the web,which is ALWAYS biased.

BTW,is it possible for the Virginia State Assembly,or whatever they call it,to meet and vote to remove Northam from office? Anybody know?

If it is,what is the likelihood of this happening?
@sneakypete - Here is our LT Governor... :)
"I say again without reservation: I did not sexually assault or rape Meredith Watson, Vanessa Tyson or anyone else," Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax said in the statement.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/09/politics/virginia-lieutenant-governor-sexual-assault/index.html

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete - Here is our LT Governor... :)https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/09/politics/virginia-lieutenant-governor-sexual-assault/index.html

@EdinVA

YIKES! Looks like Va,and the rest of the nation is screwed,and the 2nd American Revolution will be happening shortly.

Start making plans now to stock up on canned goods and essentials if you live in Va,because by the end of the summer you may have to go to your sheriff's dept or NG armory to "draw rations",and you will only be able to get those rations if you have turned in or are turning in any and all firearms known to belong to you or your family members.

Same applies if you want to keep your water and electricity running.

Although I truthfully don't expect the plan to use the Sherrifs and NG soldiers of Va is going to work out for them as well as they think it is,it still doesn't hurt to be prepared.

Offline EdinVA

@EdinVA

YIKES! Looks like Va,and the rest of the nation is screwed,and the 2nd American Revolution will be happening shortly.

Start making plans now to stock up on canned goods and essentials if you live in Va,because by the end of the summer you may have to go to your sheriff's dept or NG armory to "draw rations",and you will only be able to get those rations if you have turned in or are turning in any and all firearms known to belong to you or your family members.

Same applies if you want to keep your water and electricity running.

Although I truthfully don't expect the plan to use the Sherrifs and NG soldiers of Va is going to work out for them as well as they think it is,it still doesn't hurt to be prepared.
@sneakypete - Not sure what is going to happen, lots of possiblities.Trump could intervene, courts no doubt will get involved, law enforcement could refuse...
Am watching with both eyes.....

Offline Smokin Joe

Relevant to the topic, the other 'front' of resistance: Recall Petition
This needs to be done, on paper, and legally. VBO! (Vote the B@stards Out!)

If a hot war starts in VA, expect it to spread North and East as well.

Strategic action from the rank and file could affect that outcome. The backup generators and batteries will only last so long.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Relevant to the topic, the other 'front' of resistance: Recall Petition
This needs to be done, on paper, and legally. VBO! (Vote the B@stards Out!)

@Smokin Joe

I REALLY hoped that was the way to go,but after seeing who the Lt.Governor is,that hope was shot down in flames.

I hope somebody a LOT smarter than me can figure out a way to solve this peacefully,because I sure can't see one at this point. It MIGHT take a Presidential or Supreme Court decree to make Northam back down,but I know so little about the law I am not even sure that is possible. Or practical,politically.
If a hot war starts in VA, expect it to spread North and East as well.

IF actual confiscations and shooting starts,it's going to get ugly quickly. I don't think the left either understands or appreciates the restraint that has held the right back up to this point,but if the government starts shooting citizens to confiscate their guns,that cat is out of the bag and I don't think the American Aristocrats of the Left will survive it. I have no doubt they have plans to leave the country for estates in South America and other places,but that doesn't mean they can't be tracked down and taken where found. ESPECIALLY since they all grew up surrounded and protected by wealth and power,and "reserve" and "restraint" are not words they are real familiar with. They are still going to to to plays,soccer matches,horse races,the theater,etc,etc,etc. Where is the fun in having great wealth and power if you can't flaunt it,right?

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

I REALLY hoped that was the way to go,but after seeing who the Lt.Governor is,that hope was shot down in flames.

I hope somebody a LOT smarter than me can figure out a way to solve this peacefully,because I sure can't see one at this point. It MIGHT take a Presidential or Supreme Court decree to make Northam back down,but I know so little about the law I am not even sure that is possible. Or practical,politically.

IF actual confiscations and shooting starts,it's going to get ugly quickly. I don't think the left either understands or appreciates the restraint that has held the right back up to this point,but if the government starts shooting citizens to confiscate their guns,that cat is out of the bag and I don't think the American Aristocrats of the Left will survive it. I have no doubt they have plans to leave the country for estates in South America and other places,but that doesn't mean they can't be tracked down and taken where found. ESPECIALLY since they all grew up surrounded and protected by wealth and power,and "reserve" and "restraint" are not words they are real familiar with. They are still going to to to plays,soccer matches,horse races,the theater,etc,etc,etc. Where is the fun in having great wealth and power if you can't flaunt it,right?
The world will be too small to ensure the safety of people who injure these United States. That has been proven with a number of people who would attack us, who commit crimes against humanity, regardless of their background or where they flee. No one is untouchable in the face of a determined opponent, and attempts to be will only prove the need for their removal.

Note George Washington sent  the detachment detailed for his security home, saying the love of his countrymen would be enough to ensure his safety. This from a man who refused to be made King. (A rare sort of man this nation was indeed blessed to have).

How much that has changed.

While I, too, hope for a peaceful and Constitutional resolution, I agree that those on the Left, the same ones who would  "never let a crisis go to waste", have been doing all they can to attempt to foment just such a crisis they could exploit since Obama was in office (and before). They have tried every division line, be it color, race, nation of origin, religion, the murder of unborn children and infanticide, economic exploitation, the serious damage to the American healthcare industry, the presentation of perversion as normal and objection to it as a thing to be reviled--they have pushed all the buttons they had except this one. Just like the British did in the Colonies, they have come down to the final straw. They know it for what it is, they  have spent generations dumbing down Americans and brainwashing them with a lot of pap thinking that when the shoe drops we will abandon our basic nature and comply or unite against those who simply demand our Rights. This is the sort of thing the Second Amendment was written for. Reading the Federalist proves that, but typical of Leftists, they have convinced themselves of the veracity of their own propaganda.

These words may be familiar, having been penned over two centuries ago, but sum up the essence of America.
Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

WIll the Dems push it that far? If so, how will they exploit the crisis they create in order to further overthrow the Constitution and the Republic? (if they can).
Given that the Democrat Party has been largely, if not thoroughly, hijacked by Communists (Marxist totalitarians) since the late 1960s, and that that takeover of that institution is nearly complete, how will those same Marxist totalitarians use any subsequent events to consolidate power, rather than back down?
I fully expect false flag attacks on minor officials or perhaps just the ordinary citizens, I fully expect there to be heavy infiltration of organizations with people who will attempt to gain popular support for unwise action.

That isn't shrinking from what may have to happen, just a caution that there will be more Benedict Arnolds running about than ever, seeking favor with their masters, attempting to lead people into bad tactical situations so they can 'be made an example of', or so the optics can be used to rally opposition to those who seek to keep their Rights. Expect the media to be saturated with lies, but that is no different from now, just bloodier ones granting attribution for atrocities performed by totalitarian forces to those who fight them, should this go hot.

With that in mind, note that passive noncompliance killed the Canadian Long Gun Registry, and every form of peaceful resistance that can be mustered should be, prior to any hot confrontation. Any hot confrontation is something that must be documented, and that documentation proving that the initiation of hostilities, should that happen, has been forced or done by those in conflict with our Civil Rights.

This is not a venue for hot heads, but time for careful and dispassionate consideration of actions and how the world will see them. Much can be done to thwart the tactical implementation of policy without a firearm ever being in evidence (ever work road construction?), and those same techniques could be used to render any attempt at force less viable.

Above all, though, short of all out hostility, people should keep in mind that those most often harmed by conflict are those who live there, a concept that most of Virginia should be familiar with, considering the relative absence of antebellum structures in much of the State. Impact on the citizenry should be confined to the effects of the demented totalitarian behaviour of the rogue government and mitigated by those in opposition to the unconstitutional actions proposed thereby.

Unfortunately, the 800 lb gorilla in the room remains the powers usurped by The Patriot Act, which could be used against any righteous objectors to this unconstitutional, totalitarian, Communist crap.

As for the Lt. Governor, recall that one, too, and the Democrats in the legislature as well. Clean house. Better to have merely inexperienced or even incompetent people in the Legislature than enemies of Liberty.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 12:50:54 am by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Only 50% of registered voters in VA cast ballots in the November election so now we have to deal with the fallout...Folks gotta get off their butts and vote or we are in for some very tough times ahead..

Agree @EdinVA

Although our fellow Virginians seem to be waking up.  The green on the map are 2A Sanctuary Counties/Cities ...

Second Amendment Sanctuary Cities for the Win
Townhall, Dec 26, 2019, Kurt Schlichter

It’s glorious how the normal people of Virginia are rising up to reject Governor Blackface … or is it Governor KKK-klothes? He can’t seem to remember which one he was in the photo, meaning he had probably donned both creepy get-ups at some point. Yay, our Democrat betters! In any case, the people are telling him, “No, we’re not letting you goose-stepping Bloomberg bots take our guns,” and it is especially glorious that the means to make this righteous commitment is a new, and not garbage, sanctuary movement.

I’ve always been an advocate of playing by the left’s new rules, and this is a great opportunity to new rules the libs good and hard. We got your sanctuary right here, pinkos.

See, the left decided that Virginia, whose northern reaches are now full of government workers and other garbage people, needed to turn blue. With tons of lib donor money and the aid of a typically inept state GOP (I know those feel here in California), they managed to just barely grab control of both houses of the legislature. With Governor Byrd-Jolson in charge, they immediately promised to do away with the Second Amendment. They announced that they were going to confiscate the citizens’ scary guns and do all sorts of other things to show those disobedient, probably Jesus-loving rubes who was boss.

Except, as Chairman Mao – who you think these dorks would appreciate more – pointed out, power grows from the barrel of a gun, not out of a mean tweet.

Instantly, everyone outside the garbage counties locked and loaded their freedom and so the Second Amendment sanctuary movement began. County after county, and many cities, all committed to resisting if the state tried enforcing unconstitutional gun laws against normal citizens. And it was beautiful. The Dems wet themselves.

Remember, these normals won’t hurt anyone who doesn’t mess with them. They work, raise children, pray, and they keep guns for the defense of themselves, their families, their communities and their Constitution. They didn’t get the memo that said they were supposed to just roll over and become subjects instead of citizens.

After all, Virginians aren’t Canadians.

<snip>

As much fun as it is to humiliate their garbage governor, the people of Virginia are doing something more important. They are getting woke. This urban lib attack on regular folks – an attack totally unprovoked and being executed solely for the sheer lefty joy of making normal people bend to their will – has roused a sleeping giant. [...]

MORE: https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschl...he-win-n2558531

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
While I, too, hope for a peaceful and Constitutional resolution, I agree that those on the Left, the same ones who would  "never let a crisis go to waste", have been doing all they can to attempt to foment just such a crisis they could exploit since Obama was in office (and before).

@Smokin Joe

There is one absolute truth I know,and that states "Once you have pulled the trigger the first time,you have nothing to lose and no reason to stop until are dead,because the "state" is surely going to kill you one way or another.

It's either "win" or "die".

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

As much fun as it is to humiliate their garbage governor, the people of Virginia are doing something more important. They are getting woke. This urban lib attack on regular folks – an attack totally unprovoked and being executed solely for the sheer lefty joy of making normal people bend to their will – has roused a sleeping giant. [...]

Let's hope so,anyway.

Offline EdinVA

The VCDl is organizing a big rally/protest for the 20 of Jan.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@EdinVA

WHAT is the VCDI,and how do people connect with them to find out the details?

VCDL Lobby Day -- Richmond VA

When
20 Jan 2020 
8:00 AM - 1:00 PM

Event details and transportation information at: https://www.vcdl.org/event-3647199

« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 01:03:54 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Hoodat

the people of Virginia are doing something more important. They are getting woke.

Too bad the same can't be said about the Virginia GOP who are still congratulating themselves on helping the Democrats gain control of the General Assembly.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-