Author Topic: Blumenthal: Five to 10 Republicans have 'severe misgivings' about McConnell strategy  (Read 294 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Blumenthal: Five to 10 Republicans have 'severe misgivings' about McConnell strategy
By Lauren Vella - 12/27/19 01:51 PM EST

Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) said Thursday that several of his Republican colleagues in the Senate have “severe misgivings” about Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s (R-Ky.) impeachment strategy to coordinate with the White House.

During a Capitol News Briefing on the Connecticut Network, Blumenthal spoke on the subject of impeachment, stating that there will be pressure on McConnell from other Republican lawmakers to employ a fair strategy for the impending impeachment trial in the upper chamber of Congress.

"I've talked to anywhere from five to 10 of my colleagues who have very severe misgivings about the direction that Mitch McConnell is going in denying a full, fair proceeding with witnesses and documents. My hope is that they will say publicly what Sen. Murkowski did, and really hold Mitch McConnell accountable," he said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/476051-blumenthal-5-10-republicans-have-severe-misgivings-about-mcconnell-strategy
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Extra, extra.................

democrat has severe misgivings about a republican.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I always laugh when Democrats pretend to speak for Republicans, and it happens all the time.
"Republicans are scared to death over this impeachment!" and more like that.
If you can't trust Blumenthal to tell you what is going on in the Republican Party, then who can you trust?
He is obviously the expert in how Republicans 'feel' and what they think.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
They want witnesses?  Give it to them

And #1 and #2 on the stand should be Joe and Hunter Biden.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Blum knows so much about the GOP because he met a lot of Pubbies on his deployment to Da Nang.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Blumenthal is a mealy-mouthed liar.
I wouldn't believe ANYTHING he says.