Author Topic: A Response to the Editor of Christianity Today  (Read 187 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

A Response to the Editor of Christianity Today
« on: December 24, 2019, 07:37:20 pm »
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/a-response-to-the-editor-of-christianity-today/

A Response to the Editor of Christianity Today
BY DENNIS PRAGER DECEMBER 24, 2019
The gist of the editorial -- and of most religious and conservative opposition to President Trump -- is that any good the president has done is dwarfed by his character defects.

This is an amoral view that says more about Galli than it does about the president. He and the people who share his opinion are making the following statement: No matter how much good this president does, it is less important than his character flaws.
... because it is a simplistic view of character.

I do not know how to assess a person's character -- including my own -- outside of how one's actions affect others. Since I agree with almost all of President Trump's actions as president and believe they have positively affected millions of people, I have to conclude that as president, Trump thus far has been a man of particularly good character.
So, permit me to inform Galli and all the other people who consider themselves conservative and/or Christian that our support for the president is entirely moral.

-- To us, putting pressure on the Iranian regime -- one of the most evil and dangerous regimes on Earth -- by getting out of the Iran nuclear deal made by former President Barack Obama is a moral issue. ...

-- To us, enabling millions of black Americans to find work -- resulting in the lowest black unemployment rate ever recorded -- is a moral issue.

-- To us, more Americans than ever being employed and almost 4 million Americans freed from reliance on food stamps is a moral issue.

-- To us, appointing more conservative judges than any president in history -- over the same period of time -- is a moral issue. ...

-- To us, moving the American embassy to Israel's capital city, Jerusalem -- something promised by almost every presidential candidate -- is a moral issue, not to mention profoundly courageous. And courage is a moral virtue.

-- To us, increasing the U.S. military budget -- after the severe cuts of the previous eight years -- is a moral issue. As conservatives see it, the American military is the world's greatest guarantor of world peace.

Prager doesn't mention the simple fact that what Galli claims Trump meant in "the phone call" is contradicted, at vital points, by the transcript of the call. That may be because Galli is weaseling his editorial as having to do with "moral" rather than political issues. Even though Galli called for a political action.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline EdinVA

Re: A Response to the Editor of Christianity Today
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2019, 08:06:55 pm »
The biggest flaw, and the root of all the animosity these days, is that an elected representative is supposed to represent ALL of his/her constituents, not use their "base" to force feed the unbelievers.
President Trump has done a great job of at least trying to be fair, but that is why everyone is pizzed off because they cannot give an inch on anything.
Perfection is an unachievable goal, not an expectation.