Author Topic: In Long-Awaited Decision, DC Circuit Court Finds American Workers Unfairly Impacted by H-4 Work Au  (Read 402 times)

rangerrebew

In Long-Awaited Decision, DC Circuit Court Finds American Workers Unfairly Impacted by H-4 Work Authorization

SUNITA SOHRABJI/India-West Staff Reporter
    Nov 12, 2019

Members of the organization Immigration Voice are shown meeting with Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, who has introduced S.386, the Fairness for High-Skilled Immigrants Act, in the Senate. Indian American attorney Cyrus Mehta summated the court’s ruling, saying it had determined that allowing H-4 visa holders to work theoretically means that H-1B workers would stay in the U.S. – rather than leaving – and compete for American jobs. (photo via Twitter)

In a long-awaited decision, the DC Circuit Court of Appeals issued a decision Nov. 8 in the Save Jobs USA case, finding that American workers were unfairly impacted by work authorization for H-4 visa holders.

Indian American attorney Cyrus Mehta summated the court’s ruling, saying it had determined that allowing H-4 visa holders to work theoretically means that H-1B workers would stay in the U.S. – rather than leaving – and compete for American jobs.

https://www.indiawest.com/news/global_indian/in-long-awaited-decision-dc-circuit-court-finds-american-workers/article_b958fea2-0583-11ea-9afc-c7aab4df221f.html

Fixed the url - PeteS in CA
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 05:51:30 pm by PeteS in CA »

rangerrebew

Don't these judges know they aren't supposed to put Americans ahead of immigrants? :whistle:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Waiting for the 'civil rights' groups attorneys to appeal.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.