Author Topic: Senators seek to weaponize Clinton trial in Trump impeachment  (Read 428 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senators seek to weaponize Clinton trial in Trump impeachment
« on: December 24, 2019, 03:43:48 pm »
By Jordain Carney - 12/24/19 06:00 AM EST

Senators in both parties are using former President Clinton’s impeachment trial as a shared cudgel to accuse the other side of hypocrisy.

The 1999 trial — which marked the Senate’s second and most recent proceeding — has cast a long shadow over the machinations of a proceeding for President Trump, coloring everything from the current negotiations to what senators expect from a trial and how they are preparing.

Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) noted that the Trump impeachment proceedings seemed to be “eerily” mirroring Clinton’s. The House impeachment vote took place almost exactly 21 years after Clinton was impeached.

“We seem to be on the same timeline, matter of fact to the date,” Cornyn said, adding that an agreement on procedure negotiated by former Sens. Trent Lott (R-Miss.) and Tom Daschle (D-S.D.) in 1999 is “one that has a lot of merit.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/475725-senators-seek-to-weaponize-clinton-trial-in-trump-impeachment
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Senators seek to weaponize Clinton trial in Trump impeachment
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2019, 04:05:11 pm »
By Jordain Carney - 12/24/19 06:00 AM EST

Senators in both parties are using former President Clinton’s impeachment trial as a shared cudgel to accuse the other side of hypocrisy.

@mystery-ak

I will give cash money to the first tv reporter that stops Bubbette! when she is unprepared,and asks her that question on tv,along with the follow-up,"How do you think this will affect your upcoming campaign?"

That would be something worthy of Pay Per View.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2019, 04:10:13 pm »
Accusing both sides of being hypocrites is a leftist reporter's way of admitting the rats are being hypocrites.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2019, 04:49:12 pm »
Since Clinton was NOT removed, I think Trump and his supporters will settle for that outcome, and move aheadtowards Nov.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2019, 04:55:07 pm »
Since Clinton was NOT removed, I think Trump and his supporters will settle for that outcome, and move aheadtowards Nov.

@truth_seeker

I hope he fights it tooth and nail,because sure as hell,the Dims will use "impeached president" against him in the 2020 elections.

Offline bilo

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2019, 05:41:19 pm »

If the Senate is going to call witnesses I want to see nothing short of a "scorched earth" approach. The House is sending impeachment articles that involve no crime, let alone a high crime. If the Senate doesn't give Trump an immediate acquittal then lets hear from Ciramelli, Schiff, Schiff's staff, Hunter Biden, Joe Biden, the fired Ukrainian prosecutor (if possible), Vindman and anyone else that can point out all the deep state corruption that's been going on.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2019, 06:08:53 pm »
If the Senate is going to call witnesses I want to see nothing short of a "scorched earth" approach. The House is sending impeachment articles that involve no crime, let alone a high crime. If the Senate doesn't give Trump an immediate acquittal then lets hear from Ciramelli, Schiff, Schiff's staff, Hunter Biden, Joe Biden, the fired Ukrainian prosecutor (if possible), Vindman and anyone else that can point out all the deep state corruption that's been going on.

@bilo

I sincerely hope that happens,but not as sincerely as I hope the SS Presidential detail is at the top of their game,because that will make the Dims,the RINO's,and their Globalist business partners go into a rage. They have already lost the power of the presidency,maybe for decades,and this would mean financial ruin and even prison time for many of them and their families.

Don't forget,they all funnel their pay-off money through their children and other relatives in order to launder it so they don't have to hide it. Technically and legally,THEY don't have that money so no crime is committed. Biden being "outed and exposed" is a VERY big deal because clueless retard that he is,he is VERY high up the political food chain,and there are a lot of VERY wealthy people connected to him,his son,and the payoffs.

They are already worried about this even though they know "if I didn't see in on the 6 PM News,it didn't happen" is the mindset of most citizens/voters,it could VERY quickly get ugly once some of the foreign press pick up on it and make it a big deal. Once that happens,the cat is out of the bag,and the tame press in the US will have no choice but to report on it. Yes,they WILL try to be VERY selective about what they report,and they WILL try to spin it all as a Republican Witchhunt,but if federal and state indictments start coming down,there is not much they can do to save people like Slow Joe and his junkie manchild. Once Slow Joe falls,so will others. Chances are Slow Joe and his son will be willing to give testimony for reduced sentences or immunity,so it's likely they will both die in "tragic accidents/suicides" like a lot of the people that were going to testify against the Clintons.

This will be worse,though. MUCH worse because it won't be just one Dim political couple that will be focused on. It will end up going after the leadership of BOTH parties because the surest thing you will ever hear is the FACT that this stuff doesn't happen in a vacuum. Other people in other parties know about it,and are helping cover it up because many of them are doing or have done similar things.

The prime difference is the Dim Party is trying to overthrow America and establish us as a part of a globalist economic zone. Some of the RINO's are in business with them,and it will be a pleasure to see them led away in handcuffs,too.

The only good news here is there are a lot of lower and middle-level politicians in both parties that are lower and middle-level BECAUSE they refused to play the game,and remained honest and faithful to their oaths of office. They have the experience and knowledge that will be needed to keep the country going,and they can step up and take over and we,the people,will all be better off for it.

This is all dependent on us being able to avoid a revolution,though. The Dims already have their radicals out rioting in the streets now,and it's only going to get more violent if and when any prominent Dims are arrested. I hope I am wrong,but I don't see us being able to avoid violence. This is why the Dims are pushing so hard for gun confiscations. If the police they control and the criminals they mostly control are the only ones with guns,they might be safe.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2019, 07:47:57 pm »
Is "weaponize" another version of "Republicans Pounce"? ****sheep****  :silly:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.