Author Topic: Elizabeth Warren throws another bone to American Indians  (Read 278 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Elizabeth Warren throws another bone to American Indians
« on: December 23, 2019, 01:38:34 pm »
December 23, 2019
Elizabeth Warren throws another bone to American Indians
By Monica Showalter

Fake Indian Elizabeth Warren, campaigning in her home state of Oklahoma, threw out a new pander to real American Indians, promising to create a cabinet post for them, presumably through the Bureau of Indian Affairs. She couched the whole thing in the well-worn whitey language of contrition, not, not for her own sneaky cadging of ivy-league teaching posts via affirmative action Indian slots, but to atone for all the evil of America. It was all tears and flapdoodle, and Mark Twain would have had a ball writing about her on this one.

Speaking in response to question from a Native American woman who wanted to know what she would do to support Native American tribes if she becomes president, here's what she had to say from my transcript of the non-shareable KOCO 5 report, starting at about minute 39:57 -- you can watch the whole thing here:

You bet! Let's talk about it. Thank you, Mary Helen. So the answer is yes, I got a plan for that. And it starts here. The United States has failed to meet its trust and treaty obligations, generation after generation. That stops in a Warren administration.

Now, we're here on just about the one-year anniversary of a report that came out from the Civil Rights Commission. The title of it is 'Broken Promises.' And that's what it's about. It's about how the United States made promise after promise after promise that it has failed to keep. So we can read a report like that and then say 'Gee, that's too bad." Or, we can read a report like that and say "Let's build a plan and make change." And that's what I want to do. So Congresswoman Deb Haaland and I, she's fabulous (cheers), who's also co-chair of my campaign, go, Deb! Deb and I after this report came out said it's time to make change. So we are actually, we've gone through this report promise after promise anmd said. What do we have to do here, what do we have to do here, what do we have to do here, to make right, to make this better. Let me tell you something else I want to do and i love saying this because I want to do what a president can do all by herself.

I'm going to create a cabinet-level post for the native tribes, the tribal nations, to be a part of what we do from the beginning. This is important (cheers). This is important. This is important. Cabinet level (applause), yep (applause), yep (applause). The United States government has a nation to nation relationship with our tribal nations, we need to acknowledge that. And we need representatives of the tribal nations, not only in the White House, in cabinet meetings, we need them in every single agency throughout this country. (cheers) Yep.

And then part three is just to say "Let's be respectful." Umm, we have failed so many times to show respect. And, umm, this is an opportunity for us as a country, to reset our relationship with the tribal nations, and to be the kind of America going forward that we want to be. Frank, Frank would want this. Thank you. Thank you. I want to say one more thing: Would you stand up, please? This is Frank (inaudible's)'s daughter. Uh, Frank was a tribal leader and uh, an influence on my life. And he passed away, it's been ... Father's Day, that's right, he passed away Father's Day. I just want all of us to honor all our tribal leaders who are gone. Thank you. Thank you. I'm so glad you came.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/12/elizabeth_warren_throws_another_bone_to_american_indians.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Elizabeth Warren throws another bone to American Indians
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 07:30:40 pm »
She should have just said "Free whiskey for EVERYBODY!",and then just sat down. Tame Reservation Indians already get everything else.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Elizabeth Warren throws another bone to American Indians
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 07:46:16 pm »
Although some argue we did a great harm tto Natives, we have also coddled them, much to their detriment.

Black, Hisanics, Vietnames, don't rate a separate ethnic Cabinet level sear.

I Often speak up about the sad history of tthe US, regarding our Indians. Canada did/ does better.

Warren is an opportunistic, lying politico millionaire, in part due to her dishones Indian identitty claim.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln