Author Topic: Outrage as jobs at Scotland's biggest offshore wind project go to China  (Read 322 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
MSN by Paul Hutcheon 12/19/2019

Supply chain jobs at the country’s biggest offshore wind farm project are being lost to China.

Skilled work on Seagreen in the Firth of Forth will be carried out overseas, fuelling criticism of

the so-called “green jobs revolution” in Scotland.

Gary Smith, Scotland secretary of the GMB trade union, said: “This would be the death knell for any meaningful offshore wind manufacturing industry in Scotland – an utter scandal and a national disgrace.”

In 2010, the Scottish Government estimated that the offshore wind sector could create 28,000 direct jobs and lead to £7.1billion of investment.

Former First Minister Alex Salmond also claimed the Pentland Firth could become the “Saudi Arabia of marine power”. But Scotland missed out on hundreds of millions of pounds of work to foreign firms in the creation of the £2billion Neart Na Gaoithe offshore wind farm.

More: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/outrage-as-jobs-at-scotlands-biggest-offshore-wind-project-go-to-china/ar-BBY96Rx

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Outrage as jobs at Scotland's biggest offshore wind project go to China
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2019, 05:28:47 pm »
It is very unfortunate.  I don't know if things are changing under Trump with his most recent negotiations, but reports last year show U.S. manufacturing jobs going to China

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/china-really-is-to-blame-for-millions-of-lost-us-manufacturing-jobs-new-study-finds-2018-05-14
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.