Author Topic: Flake pens op-ed telling Senate Republicans to 'put country over party' in Senate trial  (Read 626 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Flake pens op-ed telling Senate Republicans to 'put country over party' in Senate trial
By Brooke Seipel - 12/20/19 08:45 PM EST

Former Republican Sen. Jeff Flake (Ariz.) called on current GOP senators to put "country over party" when President Trump's impeachment trial begins.

Flake, in a new op-ed for The Washington Post published Friday, told senators not to be "complicit" and warned that if they are, they "cede our constitutional responsibilities [and] set the most dangerous of precedents."

The warning comes just days after the House voted to charge Trump with abuse of power and obstruction of Congress, making him the third president in U.S. history to be impeached. The vote passed largely along party lines as Republicans have fiercely defended the president and his actions with Ukraine.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/475581-flake-pens-op-ed-telling-senate-republicans-to-put-country-over-party-in
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Go tell it to Pelosi, schmuck.  Your words no longer carry any authority whatsoever.  Flake was the John Brennan of the Senate, right down to his messianic verbiage.

Hey Jeffy...don't you have some prosecutor to call, to get your kids off?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Mesaclone

Flake pens op-ed telling Senate Republicans to 'put country over party' in Senate trial
By Brooke Seipel - 12/20/19 08:45 PM EST

Former Republican Sen. Jeff Flake (Ariz.) called on current GOP senators to put "country over party" when President Trump's impeachment trial begins.

Flake, in a new op-ed for The Washington Post published Friday, told senators not to be "complicit" and warned that if they are, they "cede our constitutional responsibilities [and] set the most dangerous of precedents."

The warning comes just days after the House voted to charge Trump with abuse of power and obstruction of Congress, making him the third president in U.S. history to be impeached. The vote passed largely along party lines as Republicans have fiercely defended the president and his actions with Ukraine.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/475581-flake-pens-op-ed-telling-senate-republicans-to-put-country-over-party-in

I am sick that I ever voted for this Quisling. His TDS drives his every waking moment and he could care less for the integrity of the Constitution...he's attempting to virtue signal to the Romney-Collins-Murkowski wing and provide them cover for gumming up McConnell's management of the trial. If he were truly concerned about the Constitution he'd be decrying...daily...the un-Constitutional sham that just occurred in the House. His silence throughout that travesty defines who he is, and what he cares about.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline skeeter

So thats where the squeaking and mewling sounds are coming from. Jeff Flake is trying to reassert himself.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I am sick that I ever voted for this Quisling. His TDS drives his every waking moment and he could care less for the integrity of the Constitution...he's attempting to virtue signal to the Romney-Collins-Murkowski wing and provide them cover for gumming up McConnell's management of the trial. If he were truly concerned about the Constitution he'd be decrying...daily...the un-Constitutional sham that just occurred in the House. His silence throughout that travesty defines who he is, and what he cares about.

Hey, I voted for him too.  Despite his broken promise to serve only three terms as a Representative, he was a good one who voted with Ron Paul more than he voted with "mainstream" Republicans.  But the ink wasn't even dry on the Certification of his Senate victory when he hooked his wagon to McStain and started thumping the tub for Amnesty for Illegals.  It was a complete 180. 

For some reason he thought he was entitled to act like McStain, who only got away with it because of his undeserved "war hero" status.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So thats where the squeaking and mewling sounds are coming from. Jeff Flake is trying to reassert himself.

I noticed he now considers WaPo his "hometown paper." 
I will NOT comply.

Offline Hoodat

Republicans weren't the ones who impeached a President without calling a single material witness.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

I noticed he now considers WaPo his "hometown paper."

He's K Street's cockroach now.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
He's K Street's cockroach now.

Exactly as predicted in this Forum, and not just by me.
I will NOT comply.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Nowhere in the annals of Congress has a Senator been more aptly named.

I heard his parents wished him to be a girl as they had the first name ready as Ima.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I agree.  But sadly, I see this POS potentially being a problem in 2020.  He or another never-Trumper I see running in 2020 as a third party candidate.  They would gladly see a Democommie over Trump be POTUS.  Shame really that such cretins exist.

Offline PeteS in CA

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline dfwgator

Flake.

Flakes, flakes!
Flakes, flakes!
They don't do no good
They never be workin' when they oughta should
They waste your time
They're wastin' mine
California's got the most of them
Boy, they got a host of them

-Frank Zappa

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Nowhere in the annals of Congress has a Senator been more aptly named.

I heard his parents wished him to be a girl as they had the first name ready as Ima.

The guy is a pusillanimous pip-squeak. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Those Arizona folks sure do elect some strange ones, don't they?
From BOTH parties.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Those Arizona folks sure do elect some strange ones, don't they?
From BOTH parties.

We like to keep all y'all guessing.... rrthree
I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
We like to keep all y'all guessing.... rrthree

You all are pusillanimous. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You all are pusillanimous.

It comes from years of eschewing obfuscation.   333cleo
I will NOT comply.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

"My simple test for all of us: What if President Barack Obama had engaged in precisely the same behavior? I know the answer to that question with certainty, and so do you," Flake wrote. "You would have understood with striking clarity the threat it posed, and you would have known exactly what to do.

"But what is indefensible is echoing House Republicans who say that the president has not done anything wrong. He has," he continued. "If there ever was a time to put country over party, it is now. And by putting country over party, you might just save the Grand Old Party before it’s too late."

A logically devastating op ed...inarguable...witness this thread. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
A logically devastating op ed...inarguable...witness this thread.

It's Flake operating in a manner that is perfectly in his character, which is why his poll numbers were so abysmal he could not even run for reelection.  There isn't an ounce of principle in his public utterances.  It's plenty "arguable," and since his election to Senator is partially my fault I will point this out every chance I get.  He's pro-Flake and anti-Trump, nothing more complicated than that.
I will NOT comply.