Author Topic: Nancy Pelosi refuses to commit to sending articles of impeachment to Senate  (Read 3073 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Found it.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,384704.msg2105682.html#msg2105682

There are serious concerns about the constitutionality of the 1947 statute, particularly over the Constitution’s use of the term “officer” when discussing succession and whether the term applies to members of Congress. There are those who argue that “officer” restricts members of Congress from participating in presidential succession. This narrow definition of the word “officer” has been used to validate the service of Alcee Hastings as a US Representative from Florida from 1993-2013 after his having been impeached and convicted in 1989 while serving as a federal judge. If members of Congress are “officers” under Constitutional definition, as the Presidential Succession Act assumes, then Hastings would have been ineligible to serve since being a House member would then fall under the “any Office of honor, Trust or Profit” prohibition in Article 1, Section 3.
Thanks.  Memory disappears once a week.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online libertybele

Thanks.  Memory disappears once a week.

Only once a week?   You are doing well!   888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

I disagree with the conclusion. IMNSHO,the believed with all the poison in their black little hearts that they had such total control nobody,especially not a rookie politician in the WH,would have the stones to stand up to them. After all,they own the media and they owned the Feebs,the State Dept,and the UN. How could they POSSIBLY not have their way? Especially since they have mostly been having their way for the last 50 years? They didn't think Trump would win,but when he did win,they figured that since he was a rookie pol and a fellow billionaire,they could cut a deal with him that would get him to sign-off on the New World Order and their dreams of a One World Government,Inc with them sitting on the board would come true.

You and I have very different views on this @sneakypete . He's in bed with McConnell and the Moderates. Any of his agenda he does get, he gets through them. And Republican Moderates ARE globalism. They ARE NWO. So stop with the messianic crap. This is only tangentially about Tumpy, and he ain't changed a single dang thing with respect to One World Order wet dreams. The thing I am pointing to is WTH is up with Democrat strategists that has intentionally brought us to this point.