Author Topic: Trump responds to Christianity Today: No president has done what I’ve done for religion itself  (Read 2722 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Why would they run without the hue and cry? How can they win when lesser evil is considered good, or at least good enough??

This is Bush II all over again. Just wait till he no longer needs to bow and scrape for votes.

Yes, I do have that fear, there is no denying that. 

I don't believe that they can't win because the lesser evil is considered good, they can't win because the existing leadership; McConnell (as an example) did everything that he could to keep true conservatives out.  The eye opener on that was when I read Cruz's book "A Time for Truth".  He against many odds made it into the Senate and was approached by McConnell to play the 'country club' games.  Cruz refused and that is exactly why he is so hated ... well, that and the fact that he called McConnell a liar
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 12:51:14 am by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline roamer_1

:beer:   I fully understand your point of view in this argument and one that I many times argued.  But as I mentioned I tried not voting for the lesser of the two evils and the more evil won out, so that didn't work.  I also worked several election cycles promoting what I thought were good solid, moral conservatives.  They didn't win.  Certainly very little has changed in Congress; many of the same do-nothing faces. 

With that being stated ... I'm making a decision and selecting the best candidate who is running that I feel will take this country in a more positive direction.    I'm not as young as I used to be to hit the pavement and knock on doors, walk the gun shows passing out literature or attending conservative groups and promoting a non-RINO candidate.  I also refuse to throw my money away anymore on any political candidate.  All of those efforts were for naught.

---peace--

Yep.

All I can say is you get more of what you vote *for*...
Continuing to vote RINOS into office is going to continue the aspect of RINOs being offered up.
End of story.

So I will not vote for the Republican ticket  like I used to... Happily pulling the lever fro the big rhinestone 'R' all the way down the line, and relying on their published agenda as what they will fight for.

Never more. I vote for Conservatives. PERIOD. And I judge them by their history and record.
And if I do not have a Conservative to vote for, for any given office, I simply abstain. I will not be party to the continuing diminishment of the very things I believe in... Voting in the very opposite.

I no longer expect Republicans to defend Conservatism. They never have.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Yep.

Continuing to vote RINOS into office is going to continue the aspect of RINOs being offered up.
End of story.

So I will not vote for the Republican ticket  like I used to... Happily pulling the lever fro the big rhinestone 'R' all the way down the line, and relying on their published agenda as what they will fight for.

Never more. I vote for Conservatives. PERIOD. And I judge them by their history and record.
And if I do not have a Conservative to vote for, for any given office, I simply abstain. I will not be party to the continuing diminishment of the very things I believe in... Voting in the very opposite.

That's it completely.  Keep voting and bending farther left until there cannot be a distinguished line between Republican and Democrat.  People don't even seem to care that the party is going left, left, left.  And the truths we used to hold have fallen to the wayside.  For such a time as this is the lie that we must conform with liberalism to win.  Conservatism isn't Trumpism.  And we have been pushing liberals candidates for some time.  McCain, Romney and now Trump.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline roamer_1

That's it completely.  Keep voting and bending farther left until there cannot be a distinguished line between Republican and Democrat.  People don't even seem to care that the party is going left, left, left.  And the truths we used to hold have fallen to the wayside.  For such a time as this is the lie that we must conform with liberalism to win.  Conservatism isn't Trumpism.  And we have been pushing liberals candidates for some time.  McCain, Romney and now Trump.

I could not have said it any better. You will never get a Conservative candidate, not to mention a Conservative Congress (which is where REAL change lies) by voting in the lesser evil.

:beer:
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 01:14:57 am by roamer_1 »

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Yep.

End of story.

Well, Ok, you answered my question ... if there isn't a conservative to vote for you simply abstain. I too have made that choice several times.  However, I have decided to no longer do that; especially when voting for President.  That's just me.  We all have to vote or conscience.

In the election between Bammy and McCain, I absolutely could not and did not vote for McCain.  Yes, I looked at both of them and felt that they would destroy this Republic, Bammy would just destroy it a little more quickly than McCain. I voted 3rd party.  Bammy won. However, I don't think it would have made any difference if McCain had been elected; the outcome would have been much the same...time and time again ole Johnny proved me right.

Provided that Trump isn't removed from office, I don't feel that way about him vs. Warren, Biden, Butgig, etc.  I see that the outcomes to our country will be different.  Therefore, as it stands now, I will cast my vote for him.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 01:18:06 am by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline roamer_1

Well, Ok, you answered my question ... if there isn't a conservative to vote for you simply abstain. I too have made that choice several times.  However, I have decided to no longer do that; especially when voting for President.  That's just me.  We all have to vote or conscience.

In the election between Bammy and McCain, I absolutely could not and did not vote for McCain.  Yes, I looked at both of them and felt that they would destroy this Republic, Bammy would just destroy it a little quicker than McCain. I voted 3rd party.  Bammy won. However, I don't think it would have made any difference if McCain had been elected; the outcome would have been much the same...time and time again ole Johnny proved me right.

Provided that Trump isn't removed from office, I don't feel that way about him vs. Warren, Biden, Butgig, etc.  I see that the outcomes to our country will be different.

Left foot, right foot, shuffling toward Gomorrah.

I will support it no longer. Give me a Pence, or a Cruz, and I will be with you. Throw the bastards out and put in something like the 94 Congress, and I will fight tooth and nail.

But to actively participate in the very dissolution of the principles I am here to defend?
Like I said, I have no dog in this hunt.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Left foot, right foot, shuffling toward Gomorrah.

I will support it no longer. Give me a Pence, or a Cruz, and I will be with you. Throw the bastards out and put in something like the 94 Congress, and I will fight tooth and nail.

But to actively participate in the very dissolution of the principles I am here to defend?
Like I said, I have no dog in this hunt.

That's just it.  Not voting against the further dissolution of those principles is not an option.  Unless Trump goes all Bush II on us, I don't see him further eroding conservatism anymore than it already is. I don't see Trump as the evil one like you do. Yes, I will absolutely continue to evaluate him right up until election day.

You mentioned Pence.  My fear at this point is Pelosi also impeaching Pence.  I never under estimate Pelosi -- she exemplifies evil.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 01:36:18 am by libertybele »

Offline roamer_1

You mentioned Pence.  My fear at this point is Pelosi also impeaching Pence.  I never under estimate Pelosi -- she exemplifies evil.

Pretty far fetched as long as the Senate is in Republican hands.
If Pence ascends, his VP pick will be fast tracked, blocking the move.

Offline roamer_1

That's just it.  Not voting against the further dissolution of those principles is not an option.

And yes, by the way, it is.
Liberalism is not winning on it's merit.
It is winning because it has no opposition.

The ONLY, O-N-L-Y thing that opposes liberalism, and any other tyranny, be it the globalist Republican Moderates, the Communist Left, or any foreign enemy IS Conservatism.

If you want this nation to be saved, the *only* balm is the rise of Conservatism.
All else is sure doom.
Make it so.

Offline Chosen Daughter

The ONLY, O-N-L-Y thing that opposes liberalism, and any other tyranny, be it the globalist Republican Moderates, the Communist Left, or any foreign enemy IS Conservatism.

If you want this nation to be saved, the *only* balm is the rise of Conservatism.
All else is sure doom.
Make it so.

Absolutely true.  If we had stopped voting for the lesser of evil we wouldn't be in this position today.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

So what? How is that relevant to Trump's Tweets?
Seriously?  You don't think President Trump's complete ignorance of Christianity is relevant to President Trump's claim to sainthood?  I originally thought it was an intelligence insulting claim to most Christians.  Now I'm unsure.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Here is a great example of the Trump church.  This is Bethel Redding.  A huge church that practically controls Redding California and is tied to the Global World with connections to probably nearly 90% of the Evangelical Church in the United States.

Bethel Church: God is Not in the Mood for Trump’s Impeachment

By Annelise Pierce December 20, 2019

A few days ago I read an article titled God is Angry and Will Put an End to Impeachment about a recent Bethel Church sermon. Since the article was posted by Right Wing Watch, not exactly the most unbiased news source, I read it with a grain of salt. I then went to the source, clicking on the link to listen to Pastor Kris Vallotton’s sermon for myself.

I listened at double speed because I know from experience that Kris’s sermons are mostly comprised of personal anecdotes coupled with “get ‘er done” and, “are you getting this?” — two of his favorite sayings. I wasn’t wrong about the anecdotes, though disappointingly there was no “get ‘er done”. There was a whole lot of skipping from Bible passage to Bible passage, prefaced by the statement that while Pastor Kris’s sermons are all prophetic (meaning that they offer supernatural insight into the future or the unknown) this one is significantly more prophetic than usual. In fact, he tells us, it’s the direct word of God to us, a message he was instructed to give.

It was approximately 45 minutes long, but fortunately I’m slightly more direct than Kris is, so I can give you the message a whole lot more quickly and in bullet points:

We are in a sovereign moment in time when we are to follow God unquestioningly.
Do not go against God in the sovereign times (some people died when they did so).
God says that every tongue that accuses Trump will be condemned.
God will step into the impeachment process and bring it to a close.
God will give Trump another term.
Don’t resist God’s will in this or he will be angry (some people died when they did so).

While these bullet points may appear political, Kris was quick to preface some of his most partisan statements with the words, “This is not about politics.”

“This is not about Republicans or Democrats . . it’s time to step up and have our loyalty to the Kingdom. If you have a political spirit you will miss this . . . moment.”

Meaning, I infer, that if your politics differ from the ones espoused in this sermon you have a political spirit, are disloyal to God’s Kingdom, and have missed God’s moment. And remember now, this isn’t Mr. Vallotton’s message, this is God’s message.

“You don’t want to be the one resisting a movement,” Kris said, sounding as if he was about to cry with the intensity of his words. “When a dad gets angry, a good dad, you don’t want that. There is something about finding the mood of God and adjusting for it.” My children know what I mean, he said, sounding both apologetic and ominous...…………

https://anewscafe.com/2019/12/20/redding/bethel-church-god-is-not-in-the-mood-for-trumps-impeachment/

Gag me!  This is idol worship!!!!!  And they might as well put the Trump Logo above their church.  Trump did keep the Hitler book on his nightstand for reading.

What else could anyone call this except EVIL?

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

All else is sure doom.
Make it so.

I absolutely agree. Liberalism hasn't worked in the past, isn't working now, and won't work in the future.  Where you and I differ, is that I see to some extent Trump has pushed back and that is exactly why he is being impeached.  He isn't being impeached because he committed any crime, he is being impeached because he is challenging the left and he is slowly unveiling their corruption. They can't afford to have him expose anything about Biden, so they turn it around and blame Trump.  Does that make him a conservative?  Not necessarily, but I feel he is giving conservatism a glimmer of a chance to advance. 

What now is in the back of my mind is this; the left and many RINO's, including McCain, vowed to impeach him, even before he took the oath of office. Perhaps it wasn't so much his character that they didn't approve of, but more that he ran in their same circle and he saw much of their corruption and didn't like what he saw.  He had the $$ to run against them.  He had relationships around the world to support him and to everyone's surprise, and to the leftists horror, he won. Not saying that any of this is fact just a 'maybe' theory on my part.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Pretty far fetched as long as the Senate is in Republican hands.
If Pence ascends, his VP pick will be fast tracked, blocking the move.

Unless when the House comes back from the holiday recess they go after Pence and then hand the articles of impeachment over to the Senate simultaneously for both Trump and Pence. 

Offline roamer_1

I absolutely agree. Liberalism hasn't worked in the past, isn't working now, and won't work in the future.  Where you and I differ, is that I see to some extent Trump has pushed back and that is exactly why he is being impeached.  He isn't being impeached because he committed any crime, he is being impeached because he is challenging the left and he is slowly unveiling their corruption. They can't afford to have him expose anything about Biden, so they turn it around and blame Trump.  Does that make him a conservative?  Not necessarily, but I feel he is giving conservatism a glimmer of a chance to advance. 

Nah. This is all just the big show... And the proof is the continued raping and pillaging... Nobody agrees on anything, everyone throwing poo, RAGE RAGE RAGE!!! Dirt and damnation all the way around!!!

But the one thing they always DO agree upon is passing the budget (well that's what they call it). Understand: TRILLIONS in overspending.

And for all the whining and crying, most of what Tumpy has done is gone like a fart in a windstorm the minute the next administration comes in... That's the problem with governing by EO.

And then the liberals take a swing... SOSDD.

LOL! Sucker.

Offline roamer_1

Unless when the House comes back from the holiday recess they go after Pence and then hand the articles of impeachment over to the Senate simultaneously for both Trump and Pence.

Doesn't matter. That does not mean they need to be adjudicated simultaneously. Worst case, Pence steps down and another VP is shoveled through.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Secondly... it's really not very Christian to judge someone else's "Christianity"... now, is it.  That's up to God.   Certainly not up to hyper-partisan Trump haters.

We are to judge everything pertaining to this Earth...  Including whether our President is a good Christian or not. We are to judge "rightly" with "fruits" (actions including quotes like you provided) are prime gifts in which to judge rightly.

Seems nobody has a problem with us judging whether Obama was a good Christian or not... Could we just say that the Germans were fine during WWII because how dare they judge their leader as a power hungry godless idiot...but don't dare point out their darlin Trump for cheating on all his wives and hiring a stripper... Character doesn't matter then... something the article (O.P) was right about...

I don't agree with the article over matters pertaining to trying to get dirt on Biden... Biden and the democrats opened that can of worms and where it lead to is their own fault. But point out that Trump has defended his pro-abortion positions more than once and goes straight to spin doctor this and that... People say "you know he has changed"... like he changed positions between debates on Planned Parenthood... (stop funding PP, next it does great things).... we look at "fruits" like how some countries got some PP money stopped due to their abortion positions (which they just juggled around and got the money again eventually)... look at the budgets Trump has signed (and lobbied Congress for) ... all the PP money got approved.

Durn right we judge... and Lord help us to judge "rightly"... the only living things that don't judge are usually in the plant kingdom or so simple they lack the ability to judge. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that Trump plays the simple Christians for fools... and that some that claim the banner of Christian have other gods (politics) before Jesus.

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Chosen Daughter

We are to judge everything pertaining to this Earth...  Including whether our President is a good Christian or not. We are to judge "rightly" with "fruits" (actions including quotes like you provided) are prime gifts in which to judge rightly.

Seems nobody has a problem with us judging whether Obama was a good Christian or not... Could we just say that the Germans were fine during WWII because how dare they judge their leader as a power hungry godless idiot...but don't dare point out their darlin Trump for cheating on all his wives and hiring a stripper... Character doesn't matter then... something the article (O.P) was right about...

I don't agree with the article over matters pertaining to trying to get dirt on Biden... Biden and the democrats opened that can of worms and where it lead to is their own fault. But point out that Trump has defended his pro-abortion positions more than once and goes straight to spin doctor this and that... People say "you know he has changed"... like he changed positions between debates on Planned Parenthood... (stop funding PP, next it does great things).... we look at "fruits" like how some countries got some PP money stopped due to their abortion positions (which they just juggled around and got the money again eventually)... look at the budgets Trump has signed (and lobbied Congress for) ... all the PP money got approved.

Durn right we judge... and Lord help us to judge "rightly"... the only living things that don't judge are usually in the plant kingdom or so simple they lack the ability to judge. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that Trump plays the simple Christians for fools... and that some that claim the banner of Christian have other gods (politics) before Jesus.

Good, good post!  Absolutely we judge.  We must judge the church and test the spirits.

Offline Chosen Daughter

What else could anyone call this except EVIL?

Your right it is evil.  I have encountered Bethel at a church I used to go to.  I couldn't distinguish anything Christian in the way they acted like zombies jerking their heads and thrashing around on the floor like they were full of devils.  Nothing in the Bible like it.  And the Bible says that Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. 

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Some on this board might profit from an article released today, particularly the last sentence.

He's My President, Not My Pastor
American evangelicalism was a peculiar mix of religion and politics even before Southern Baptist minister Jerry Falwell forged the "Moral Majority" in 1979, a pro-life, pro–traditional family movement that broadened into the "Religious Right," a Christian conservative get-out-the-vote juggernaut that has often been the margin of victory for Republican candidates, from Ronald Reagan to Donald Trump.

At the same time, mainline evangelical Protestantism and its flagship publication, Christianity Today, although in agreement with conservative doctrinal tenets of the religious right, was committed to "a definite liberal approach to social problems," in the words of its founder, the Rev. Billy Graham.

Over time, fissures have developed in evangelicalism, with conservatives moving farther to the right politically and mainline evangelicalism, reflected in some of Christianity Today's featured articles in recent years, migrating to the political center and the left.

So it's not a complete surprise that its lead commentary Thursday called for the removal of President Trump from office — a grave remedy that the magazine insisted "is not a matter of partisan loyalties but loyalty to the Creator of the Ten Commandments."
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/12/hes_my_president_not_my_pastor.html
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline roamer_1

Some on this board might profit from an article released today, particularly the last sentence.

And what, pray tell @IsailedawayfromFR , can be gleaned from that nonsense?

Offline Chosen Daughter

What a lie that is.

1 Timothy 3:1-7 English Standard Version (ESV)
Qualifications for Overseers

3 The saying is trustworthy: If anyone aspires to the office of overseer, he desires a noble task. 2 Therefore an overseer[a] must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, 3 not a drunkard, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. 4 He must manage his own household well, with all dignity keeping his children submissive, 5 for if someone does not know how to manage his own household, how will he care for God's church? 6 He must not be a recent convert, or he may become puffed up with conceit and fall into the condemnation of the devil. 7 Moreover, he must be well thought of by outsiders, so that he may not fall into disgrace, into a snare of the devil.

We are not hiring a pastor but we should choose all leaders for their character.  Otherwise where do you draw the line?  How far into the gutter is too far on character before you shouldn't vote for them?

I sure cannot understand what has happened and surely it is spiritual that Trump was chosen by people of faith.  One thing is for sure that there is much instruction in the Bible.  Many passages instructing us on who is appropriate leader.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 09:29:04 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
In the same light, the Bible does touch upon Separation of Church and State.

Romans 13:1-7 ESV

Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience.

And what, pray tell @IsailedawayfromFR , can be gleaned from that nonsense?
What specifics are you alluding to?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

What a lie that is.

1 Timothy 3:1-7 English Standard Version (ESV)
Qualifications for Overseers

3 The saying is trustworthy: If anyone aspires to the office of overseer, he desires a noble task. 2 Therefore an overseer[a] must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, 3 not a drunkard, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. 4 He must manage his own household well, with all dignity keeping his children submissive, 5 for if someone does not know how to manage his own household, how will he care for God's church? 6 He must not be a recent convert, or he may become puffed up with conceit and fall into the condemnation of the devil. 7 Moreover, he must be well thought of by outsiders, so that he may not fall into disgrace, into a snare of the devil.

We are not hiring a pastor but we should choose all leaders for their character.  Otherwise where do you draw the line?  How far into the gutter is too far on character before you shouldn't vote for them?

I sure cannot understand what has happened and surely it is spiritual that Trump was chosen by people of faith.  One thing is for sure that there is much instruction in the Bible.  Many passages instructing us on who is appropriate leader.
So David was not suitable to be God's appointee as he killed a man to have his wife?

Better think that one through.  God is listening.