Author Topic: Why Donald Trump will win 2020  (Read 219 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why Donald Trump will win 2020
« on: December 20, 2019, 04:29:01 pm »
Why Donald Trump will win 2020
By Jenny Beth Martin, opinion contributor — 12/20/19 11:00 AM EST

“I am concerned that if we do not impeach this president, he will get reelected,” Democratic Representative Al Green of Texas said this spring, explaining his support for impeaching President Trump, long before the phone call with the Ukrainian President Zelensky that is at the heart of the current saga. Given the accomplishments of Trump to date, it is easy to see why so many Democrats share this concern with Green.

Start with the state of the economy. Ronald Reagan, in his 1980 debate with Jimmy Carter, famously suggested voters ask themselves before deciding their vote, “Are you better off than you were four years ago? Is it easier for you to go buy things in the stores than it was four years ago? Is there more or less unemployment in the country than there was four years ago?” Reagan knew what political scientists and campaign operatives have known for decades, that when it comes to the deciding factors at the polls, perceived economic health is, for many voters, at the top of the list.

Since Trump took office, the economy has created more than seven million new jobs. Unemployment has fallen dramatically from 4.8 percent to 3.5 percent, with African American and Hispanic unemployment at historic lows. In contrast to the Obama era, the labor force is growing rather than shrinking. More Americans are working than ever before. Even with the largest workforce in our history, there are more job openings looking for employees to fill them than prospective employees looking for jobs.

more
https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/475457-why-donald-trump-will-win-2020
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Why Donald Trump will win 2020
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2019, 02:18:36 am »
Mr. Trump will win in 2020.

But alas, he may be the last person to win the presidency under the moniker of "Republican". Changing demographics will be responsible for that (as mentioned in other threads here today).

I hope I'm wrong.
But that's how I see it.