Author Topic: Dems Learning the Hard Way Why Impeachments Are So Rare  (Read 161 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dems Learning the Hard Way Why Impeachments Are So Rare
« on: December 20, 2019, 03:33:27 pm »
December 20, 2019
Dems Learning the Hard Way Why Impeachments Are So Rare
By William Sullivan

Some political observers, like Carl Hulse at the New York Times, are wondering if highly politicized impeachments will become the "new normal."  I don't share that concern.  Impeachments have always been politicized, because the process is overtly political.  What they've never been, and will likely never be, is "normal."

That is not because there is some high hurdle that needs to be cleared in order to impeach a president, mind you.  According to Article I, Section 2, Clause 5 of the Constitution, the "House of Representatives ... shall have the sole Power of Impeachment," and the House needs only a straight-majority vote to introduce articles of impeachment.

Having won a majority in the House of Representatives in the 2018 midterms, Democrats were emboldened, and beseeched by the more radical elements of their base, to impeach the president at all costs.  House Speaker Nancy Pelosi finally, and I'd argue reluctantly, caved to these elements.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/12/dems_learning_the_hard_way_why_impeachments_are_so_rare.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34