Author Topic: Christianity Today, influential evangelical magazine, says Trump 'should be removed from office'  (Read 4256 times)

Offline musiclady

Would you rather have Jimmy Carter, who still teaches Sunday School, and as far as we know, has never had an affair?

I sure don't.

False correlation.

I would rather have a moral conservative who is an honest leader with character.

Jimmy Carter has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

But you knew that, didn't you??  *****rollingeyes*****
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Being classified 2-S and later 1-Y is not "draft-dodging".

It was very common for connected people, to avoid or get easy service or no service, such as Bill Clinton and George W. "reservist" Bush. Mitt Romney etc.

I note a lot of Clintons, and Bush's, and Mormons among Trump's detractors.

During my early months serving s a draftee, with a wife and baby back home, I spoke with an "evangelical" Army Chaplain, that counseled me to go ahead and serve, and "Kill a commie for Christ."

I had gone to him, fr a serious discussion of Conscientious Objector status (me having been born in Whittier CA-a Quaker town).

Trump has been a strong supporter of our military, and has attempted to minimize permanent unwinnable wars, merely to keep a perpetual state of military involvement (Eisenhower 1961 speech).

https://www.sss.gov/Classifications

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
----------------------------
One of Fred Trump's tenants was a Podiatrist who wanted lower rent;
in exchange, he diagnosed Donald w/bone spurs in his heels which
changed his initial draft classification from 1-A to 4-F later, by the Board.
The daughter of the Podiatrist, who was his Office Manager, publicly
stated after her Father's death, that what happened was an exchange
of favors! Reality, sorta like a quid pro quo!!!!!!!!!!!

You forgot to mention the daughter is a Trump Hater and has no proof.

Dr. Elysa Braunstein, 56, and Sharon Kessel, 53, made the sensational claim to the New York Times, claiming their father Dr. Larry Braunstein diagnosed Donald Trump in 1968.
Dr. Larry Braunstein died in 2007, and the Times was unable find any documentary evidence to back up the daughters' claims, which surfaced when the newspaper contacted the family based on an anonymous tip. The daughters are both Democrats and say they do not like Donald Trump.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

I note a lot of Clintons, and Bush's, and Mormons among Trump's detractors.

During my early months serving s a draftee, with a wife and baby back home, I spoke with an "evangelical" Army Chaplain, that counseled me to go ahead and serve, and "Kill a commie for Christ."

I had gone to him, fr a serious discussion of Conscientious Objector status (me having been born in Whittier CA-a Quaker town).

Trump has been a strong supporter of our military, and has attempted to minimize permanent unwinnable wars, merely to keep a perpetual state of military involvement (Eisenhower 1961 speech).

https://www.sss.gov/Classifications

I do not know who said, "It was very common for connected people, to avoid or get easy service or no service, such as Bill Clinton and George W. "reservist" Bush. Mitt Romney etc." I did not.

For the sake of who ever did post that, George W. Bush was not a "reservist", he served in the Texas Air National Guard, as an F-102 pilot ("Century Series" fighters were somewhat dangerous, so that was not "easy service"). Among other things during his TANG service GWB volunteered to go to Vietnam.

Romney had 2S deferments (student) because he was a student, at Stanford and later at BYU. He had a 4-D deferment for a time when he was a Mormon missionary in France. In 1969, when he had no deferment his lottery number was 300.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mountaineer

I would rather have a moral conservative who is an honest leader with character.
None of those rare people entering the presidential race has proved to be electable, sad to say. If the GOP nominated an electable small government fiscal and social conservative with no skeletons in his closet or ex-wives in his past, wouldn't that be just dandy?

And who would that be?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

None of those rare people entering the presidential race has proved to be electable, sad to say. If the GOP nominated an electable small government fiscal and social conservative with no skeletons in his closet or ex-wives in his past, wouldn't that be just dandy?

And who would that be?

....umm...dare I bring up the name Ted Cruz?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I read your perfect article, and I thought it to be biased trash....poppycock.

There is no one here on this board or any other here claiming Trump to be the perfect man, but he is working hard for the American people to make things better for the citizens of the USA, and perhaps better than anyone in our history.

This editor is known as an uber liberal, as are about 90% of all who claim to be journalists.  And he is leaving the publication, and I suspect not of his choosing. 

In my humble opinion, Trump with all his warts is the best POTUS this country has ever seen.  Unlike his predecessors of the last few decades, he owes his allegiance to no one but the American people.  After seeing the putrid Obama bow before the Saudi king, and kiss the *ss of Putin, to criticize Trump is laughable by those that worship the fool Obama.

We will have Trump for 5 more years, and I see nothing that will stop that, not even the vain attempts by the Democommies to thwart the champion of the American people...Trump.  And that is exactly what he is.  He DEFINED the issues of 2016, and the American people recognized his ability to define the problem and offer solutions that past presidents and particularly the do nothing Congress have failed to resolve, miserably so!

I believe the impeachment efforts will usher in a unique period.  I foresee a true voting majority in both houses that will enable the Republicans to accomplish a great deal for this country.  I say this as long as they do NOT focus on healthcare.  Healthcare is extremely complicated, and politicians on both sides of the aisle just muck up everything when they attempt to address healthcare.

Trump will defeat Clinton in 2020.  Biden is an utter joke.  His low functioning brain activity is so blatantly overt, how can anyone vote for this fool?  In his prime, they saw him as lacking, he just hasn't improved with time.  He is nothing like a fine wine!!!  And America will not vote for a gay man either...get real.  And Fauxcahontas is a pathological liar...she does not get the nod either.  And EVERY DAY we hear HR Clinton being asked when will you come save us...so trust me, she is running.

And for the person that doubted Soros had anything to do with the article, get real.  That POS has been involved on the wrong side of everything in the USA, and everything that has to do with anarchy and the destruction of this great nation.  It is more than possible he could have been involved.  Heck, that POS betrayed his fellow Jews to the Nazis during WWII.

As long as the Democommies use AOC as their architect, the party is doomed. And let's face it, Pelosi is not much better than Biden for being on her game.  She has become weak as a leader of her caucus, and her party is failing miserably.  It is embarrassing to watch big mouth fools like Waters, Green, Johnson, Sanders, Wilson, and so many others who are clueless about just about everything.

TRUMP defeats CLINTON....AGAIN...in 2020.

Online mountaineer

....umm...dare I bring up the name Ted Cruz?
I supported him in 2016. He wasn't the nominee and, I hate to say, probably wasn't electable.  Therein lies the rub. We are educated voters. Most voters, not so much.

Offline dfwgator

I do not know who said, "It was very common for connected people, to avoid or get easy service or no service, such as Bill Clinton and George W. "reservist" Bush. Mitt Romney etc." I did not.

For the sake of who ever did post that, George W. Bush was not a "reservist", he served in the Texas Air National Guard, as an F-102 pilot ("Century Series" fighters were somewhat dangerous, so that was not "easy service"). Among other things during his TANG service GWB volunteered to go to Vietnam.

Romney had 2S deferments (student) because he was a student, at Stanford and later at BYU. He had a 4-D deferment for a time when he was a Mormon missionary in France. In 1969, when he had no deferment his lottery number was 300.

Agreed, that while there's a lot of things to criticize W for,  his time in the TANG is not one of them.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Among other things during his TANG service GWB volunteered to go to Vietnam.

@PeteS in CA

He may have TECHNICALLY volunteered,but it was a scam. He was only qualified to fly F-102's,and there were no F-102's flying in VN at that time. The others in his ANG squadron that did were required to go to flight school to qualify to fly F-105's. Boy Jorge refused to volunteer for this school. No way in HELL was his mama going to allow him to go to VN.

His mama could have volunteered and it would have meant as much.

[/quote]
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

He would say: "Beware of false prophets, who come in sheep's clothing but inward are ravenous wolves."

You and countless others have sold your soul to a grifter, on the premise that the other guy is worse, without considering any way to depose both.

That's right.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That's right.

@roamer_1   @jmyrlefuller

How many conservative justices did YOUR picks nominate and get seats on courts?

Offline PeteS in CA

@PeteS in CA

He may have TECHNICALLY volunteered,but it was a scam. He was only qualified to fly F-102's,and there were no F-102's flying in VN at that time. The others in his ANG squadron that did were required to go to flight school to qualify to fly F-105's. Boy Jorge refused to volunteer for this school. No way in HELL was his mama going to allow him to go to VN.

His mama could have volunteered and it would have meant as much.

Actually, there were F-102s at that time, and from TANG. GWB was rejected because he had too few flying hours, but F-102s were soon taken out of Vietnam as unsuitable. So volunteering was a meaningful thing. GWB's TANG unit switched to F-101s toward the end of GWB's stint, too late for him to take the necessary retraining and serve in that plan. Why the need to disparage GWB's TANG service, @sneakypete? http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2004/feb/10/20040210-082910-8424r/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convair_F-102_Delta_Dagger#Operational_history - F102s served in Vietnam from 1964 into 1969. GWB was commissioned into TANG in May, 1968.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 10:54:54 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline roamer_1

Incidental @sneakypete ...
More importantly, how many did yours? We don't really know that, do we?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

The same as yours.

+1 for Gorsuch -1 for lefty Kavanaugh = 0.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Absalom

1. Try walking a 10K or a half marathon with a heel bone spur or plantar fasciitis. Even with good shoes you will be in agony and barely able to walk, for days. BTDTGTTS.
2. This podiatrist, what did he say about it? Oh, yeah, his daughter said nothing until he was dead and her claim could not be fact-checked. Just TDS-fueled BS, same shtick as Blasey Ford and so many other politically motivated false accusers.
So anyone asserting Trump is emphatically not a clone of St. Michael is:
* full of BS,
* suffers from derangement syndrome,
* a politically motivated false accuser.
Hmmm...................
Trump played rigorous athletics while at his Military HS, at Fordham University and at Wharton;
not possible w/foot bone spurs.
Reasonable conclusion? Trump never had the spurs which the Doctor affirmed.
Why? Cuz the Doc made a deal w/Fred on behalf of the Donald.
S-U-R-P-R-I-S-E!!!

Offline PeteS in CA

So anyone asserting Trump is emphatically not a clone of St. Michael is:
* full of BS,
* suffers from derangement syndrome,
* a politically motivated false accuser.
Hmmm...................
Trump played rigorous athletics while at his Military HS, at Fordham University and at Wharton;
not possible w/foot bone spurs.
Reasonable conclusion? Trump never had the spurs which the Doctor affirmed.
Why? Cuz the Doc made a deal w/Fred on behalf of the Donald.
S-U-R-P-R-I-S-E!!!

1. Why do you need to respond to facts with an ad hominem attack, @Absalom?

2. Heel bone spurs are not birth defects, they develop over time. One cause is accumulated slight injuries, such as a person participating in athletics would experience. It can also develop as a consequence of plantar fasciitis, something possible for me, since I do 5Ks and 10Ks, and until recently, half marathons. Other than the claim of a Trump-hating Dem made after the death of her father, what evidence is there supporting her claim?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Actually, there were F-102s at that time, and from TANG. GWB was rejected because he had too few flying hours, but F-102s were soon taken out of Vietnam as unsuitable. So volunteering was a meaningful thing. GWB's TANG unit switched to F-101s toward the end of GWB's stint, too late for him to take the necessary retraining and serve in that plan. Why the need to disparage GWB's TANG service, @sneakypete

@PeteS in CA

Because it was nothing but privileged  high-tech draft-dodging. His family knew that unit was never going to get shipped to VN,so they made sure that's where he went,

I personally have no problems with draft-dodgers. If they didn't want to go,I didn't want them to go either because I only wanted to have to rely on people that wanted to be there.

I do object to posers that arranged slots in NG/Reserve/AG units they KNEW were never leaving the US,and then playing the "I served" game.

I tend to not blame Boy Jorge as much as I do the other sons of privilege because I honestly think that left on his own with no handlers around to carry out his mama's wishes,he would be a pretty good guy. He wasn't,though. He was a mama's boy and protected.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Incidental @sneakypete ...
More importantly, how many did yours? We don't really know that, do we?

@roamer_1

I voted for Trump,and he has put a number of conservative justices in place,and who knows how many more he will get with 5 years left?

Offline Absalom

1. Why do you need to respond to facts with an ad hominem attack, @Absalom?

2. Heel bone spurs are not birth defects, they develop over time. One cause is accumulated slight injuries, such as a person participating in athletics would experience. It can also develop as a consequence of plantar fasciitis, something possible for me, since I do 5Ks and 10Ks, and until recently, half marathons. Other than the claim of a Trump-hating Dem made after the death of her father, what evidence is there supporting her claim?
---------------------
Ad Hominum attack??? When/where was your name vilified?????
Evidence supporting her claim????
As her father's Office Manager she was both present and privy to his conversations,
his notes and his actions; points she forcefully emphasized when talking to the media.
Your opinions are yours, yet could you attempt to get real for a moment???????

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

I voted for Trump,and he has put a number of conservative justices in place,and who knows how many more he will get with 5 years left?

@sneakypete
No, he has put number of REPUBLICAN judges in place - That is a different thing.
Whether they are Conservative is yet to be determined.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://twitter.com/HeathMayo/status/1208433351067131904

Heath Mayo @HeathMayo

Notice: nobody is mystified by Evangelical Christian *opposition* to Trump. It doesn’t have to be explained b/c its logic is apparent to everyone. Trump is not an effective standard-bearer for the Christian witness, no matter how many times he angrily insults Nancy Pelosi.

11:05 AM · Dec 21, 2019

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete
No, he has put number of REPUBLICAN judges in place - That is a different thing.
Whether they are Conservative is yet to be determined.

@roamer_1

Oh,get off of it. Name ONE "powered by pure fairy farts" the loser you supported was going to nominate. You hate Trump,and nothing he can ever do will be good enough for you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

https://twitter.com/HeathMayo/status/1208433351067131904

Heath Mayo @HeathMayo

Notice: nobody is mystified by Evangelical Christian *opposition* to Trump. It doesn’t have to be explained b/c its logic is apparent to everyone. Trump is not an effective standard-bearer for the Christian witness, no matter how many times he angrily insults Nancy Pelosi.

11:05 AM · Dec 21, 2019

@Once-Ler

I am laughing my ass off at all the trash you are going to hear from your fellow lefties for supporting Evangelical Christians.

Online mountaineer

Trump is not an effective standard-bearer for the Christian witness, no matter how many times he angrily insults Nancy Pelosi.
I don't disagree, but I also acknowledge that "Christian standard bearing" is not part of the job description of President of the United States. I certainly never expected it of Trump.