Author Topic: Trump says Guatemala is helping stem asylum seekers in US  (Read 472 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Trump says Guatemala is helping stem asylum seekers in US
« on: December 17, 2019, 10:35:16 pm »
Trump says Guatemala is helping stem asylum seekers in US

By Aamer Madhani | AP
Dec. 17, 2019 at 2:48 p.m. CST

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump thanked Guatemala’s president Tuesday for becoming a more active partner in helping stem a tide of migrants seeking to gain asylum in the United States.

Trump praised President Jimmy Morales during the leader’s visit to the White House, an invitation that came after Guatemala in July signed a “safe third country” agreement with the United States that’s meant to slow the flow of migrants from Central America coming to the U.S.-Mexico border.

Under the agreement, migrants — including those fleeing from El Salvador and Honduras who cross into Guatemala before arriving at the U.S. border — are required to first apply for protections in Guatemala.

Read more at: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-says-guatemala-is-helping-stem-asylum-seekers-in-us/2019/12/17/942473e0-210e-11ea-b034-de7dc2b5199b_story.html

So, the President of Guatemala visited the WH today, apparently.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Trump says Guatemala is helping stem asylum seekers in US
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 04:10:03 am »
Yes, he met with the President of Guatemala --- 100 miles of new border wall has been built and expecting to build another 400 miles.

www.facebook.com/WhiteHouse/videos/1320241398178615/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Right_in_Virginia