Author Topic: Hallmark Channel Reinstates Gay Marriage Ads, Citing 'Wrong Decision' After Intense Criticism  (Read 509 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
If one follows the timeline here, it seems Hallmark first pulled an ad showing lesbians kiss and now, has reinstated the ad as the story indicates:

Hallmark Channel Reinstates Gay Marriage Ads, Citing 'Wrong Decision' After Intense Criticism
JOCELYN NOVECK / AP

(NEW YORK) — The Hallmark Channel, reversing what it called a “wrong decision,” said Sunday it will reinstate commercials featuring same-sex couples that it had pulled following a complaint from a conservative group.

The earlier decision by Crown Media, Hallmark’s parent company, to pull several ads for the wedding planning site Zola featuring two brides kissing at the altar had launched a storm of protest. Celebrities like Ellen DeGeneres and William Shatner criticized the move and the hashtag #BoycottHallmarkChannel was trending on Twitter at one point.

“The Crown Media team has been agonizing over this decision as we’ve seen the hurt it has unintentionally caused,” said a statement issued Sunday evening by Hallmark Cards CEO Mike Perry. “Said simply, they believe this was the wrong decision. … We are truly sorry for the hurt and disappointment this has caused.”

Read more at: https://time.com/5750610/hallmark-channel-reinstating-same-sex-marriage-ads/

Daily Mail actually shows some of this advertisement.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
If one follows the timeline here, it seems Hallmark first pulled an ad showing lesbians kiss and now, has reinstated the ad as the story indicates:

Daily Mail actually shows some of this advertisement.

I can remember when Hallmark was synomomous with famiy values, and visuals of a blend of a Norman Rockwell and Thomas Kinkade.

Now it's A SJW pukefest and lezbo kisses.

Fine with me if they implode.   I get sick of those sappy Christmas shows my wife likes anyway.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Has Boy Jorge,Bathhouse Barry,Manchelle, Bubbette! Clinton,Oprah and Gail,or Lady Lindsey chimed in yet on this?

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Idiot