Author Topic: Trump warns of Fox News’ demise after ‘sleazebag’ Comey invite; ends blistering rant with ‘How’s She  (Read 1835 times)

Offline musiclady

Well, these shenanigans entertain and engage his fans, but they don't seem to win him that many new converts.  I don't know -- maybe he really doesn't care about the nonbelievers.  Personally, I think he should care because I believe he needs more than his cult to win re-election.

Right. And his childishness converts no one.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Absalom

Narcissistic personality disorder involves a pattern of self-centered, arrogant thinking and behavior, a lack of empathy and consideration for other people, and an excessive need for admiration. Others often describe people with NPD as cocky, manipulative, selfish, patronizing, and demanding.
----------------------------
This pattern of behavior in Trump, was clearly identified
some 60 years ago and it was never corrected, despite
him being sent to Military School as a teen.

Offline goatprairie

I don't know what Trump's problem is.  It seems he has to be loved by everyone 24/7 and if anyone says anything even remotely critical of him, then that person is public enemy number one.  Seems a sign of mental illness to me.  Or at the very least, a sign of immaturity.  And I don't see him growing up anytime soon.
We'll see how the various FOX "conservative" talking heads react to this latest temper tantrum from His Orangeness. I'll bet rather than protest and call him out for thin-skinnedness, they plant their lips more firmer to his kiester.
"Oh master, how have we offended you, and what can we do to abase ourselves further?"

Offline goatprairie

Well, these shenanigans entertain and engage his fans, but they don't seem to win him that many new converts.  I don't know -- maybe he really doesn't care about the nonbelievers.  Personally, I think he should care because I believe he needs more than his cult to win re-election.
"I believe he needs more than his cult to win re-election. "

:thumbsup: That's just it. His base loves the farrago, but he'll need a lot more than his base, which is only about 15-20% of the voting public, to win next year.
Fortunately, the state of candidates for the Dems is abysmal, and he should beat whatever commie they nominate.
But it shouldn't be close given the economy, and I'm betting it will be lot closer than his fans think it will be.

Offline conservativevoter

@DB .... We weren't talking about Bill  Clinton,, doh!

Offline conservativevoter

@ Absalom

There ya go!  Why the racist remarks about Obama?  for shame!!  :nono:

Offline Applewood

----------------------------
This pattern of behavior in Trump, was clearly identified
some 60 years ago and it was never corrected, despite
him being sent to Military School as a teen.

So many people think military school will fix what's wrong with a kid.  I understand that most of these schools don't want malcontents and misfits.  They aren't equipped to deal with behavioral issues.    But I guess the Trumps had the money and influence to get their son admitted.

Offline mrclose

Well, I can't speak for my fellow Trump "haters," but I never knew Obama had any problem with the press.  As far as I could tell, during the eight years of Obama's reign, all of the media outlets, including Fox, treaded carefully as to Obama for fear of being labeled racist. 

But whatever -- the thing is, I don't recall Obama chronically whining about the press being unfair to him.  That's what bugs me about Trump.  This is the third report I've read in a week about Trump allegedly being treated unfairly by Fox or some other news outlet.  The man can't stop bitching and moaning about something.  He spends way too much time crying the blues and so little time being president.  He has wasted his whole first term on mostly petty squabbles. 

I don't expect the President of the United States to be a milquetoast, but  I would like for him to be a real leader.  Real leaders don't waste time crying about chit.  They get to work and do their jobs.   The press is unfair?  Yeah, we know that.  We don't need to be reminded every single day.  Now STFU and work on those campaign promises you made in 2016.

Let me get this straight?

You believe that Trump "whining" about the press who Never reports anything positive that he has accomplished .. and goes so far as to lie and make up phony headlines is horrible?

Trump's whining is aggravating, mean, terrible and not what a Manly President, um like obama would do?

It is  Worse than Obama's threats to all journalists to keep them in line?

It is worse than obama tapping journalists, (and their families) phones.

Worse than hijacking records from a journalist's computer?

I wont call you one but the rest of the Trump Derangement 'Whiners' on this thread, (this board) need a bit of self reflection!

Dana Priest, a Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter for The Washington Post, added: “Obama’s attorney general repeatedly allowed the F.B.I. to use intrusive measures against reporters more often than any time in recent memory.

Yep, I agree, Obama didn't whine about the press all of the time.
(Publicly)
He didn't have to.

He would whine to his 'intelligence' heads and they'd take care of it!

A lot of the "I hate Trump's whining" members here would do well on the DU!
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline roamer_1

Trump's whining is aggravating, mean, terrible and not what a Manly President, um like obama would do?

LOL! Why is it always a comparison to Obama?
Y'all know he is the most unpresidential lout ever, so all you have got is to hide behind a false pretense and accusation.

Here it is for you: None of us liked Obummer either. Alright? That does not excuse Tumpy.

Offline Absalom

@ Absalom
There ya go!  Why the racist remarks about Obama?  for shame!!  :nono:
--------------------------------
WHAT RACIST REMARKS ?????????????????????

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

--------------------------------
WHAT RACIST REMARKS ?????????????????????

Beats me.  Weird comment by @conservativevoter

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline cato potatoe

Chris Wallace was the only decent moderator in the general election debates.  If he wanted to be a nuisance, he could have.  Instead, he focused on policy questions that were relevant to the broad majority of voters ... and nailed Hillary Clinton on late term abortion and immigration.  Trump should be writing him a Christmas card instead of these dopey tweets.

Offline Applewood

Let me get this straight?

You believe that Trump "whining" about the press who Never reports anything positive that he has accomplished .. and goes so far as to lie and make up phony headlines is horrible?

Never?  Aw, c'mon man.  Most of the people on Fox News fawned all over Trump, particularly in the early years of his first term.  Hannity and other  on that network still think Trump can walk on water..  Trump has received far better coverage from Fox News than he would almost anywhere else.

But on occasion, there is that unfavorable poll, or maybe an unfavorable opinion, or Trump says or does something cringeworthy, or the network, in an effort to be "fair and balanced," hosts guests Trump doesn't like and all of a sudden -- WHAM!    Now Fox is a traitor, an enemy of the state,  a member of the "deep state," complicit in the "coup" or whatever bitching du jour Trump and his supporters can come up with. 

And this isn't just one complaint, one time, one comment that says "I don't like "X" and that's it.  Trump and his fans have to harp on it day in- day out.  They can't let go.  How long did Mueller conduct his investigation and we all had to hear what a louse he was and what a sham his investigation was  -- all day, every day, for the duration of the investigation and even today? 

If Trump is not happy with Fox's coverage of him or he doesn't like Fox's guests, then why doesn't he, or someone on his behalf, go on the network to refute that coverage or what the guests say about him?  Ok, maybe Trump himself should lay low while the impeachment is going on, but I'm reasonably sure Fox would love to hear his side -- if not from him, then a representative. Complaining every day that guest X lies about him or the report about him is false is not what we non-fans want to hear.  Give us the facts and show us the proof that Fox's coverage was unfair or that a Fox guest lied about him.  If you can't or won't do that, then STFU.

A lot of the "I hate Trump's whining" members here would do well on the DU!

Oh that's right.  Anyone who says anything negative about Trump has to be a closet Democrat, a traitor, an enemy of the state, blah, blah, blah.

All presidents have flaws and all do something we might not like.  In this country we have a free press and we ordinary shlubs have the right to call out the president if we aren't happy with his words or deeds.  Apparently, Trump and his supporters want a world where criticism of the president should be outlawed.  Maybe we should have the North Korea setup where criticism of Dear Leader means certain death. 

As long as these freedoms exist in the US and this forum allows differences of opinion, I am going to continue to express  my opinion of Trump and his administration.  If Trump fans don't like it, too bad.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 01:42:23 pm by Applewood »

Offline verga

----------------------
W/respect; you gotta get over Trump who emphatically ain't no conservative!!!
Could you give specific examples of him not being a Conservative. @Absalom
Reduced Trade deficit, negotiated better trade deals with China, Mexico, Canada. Reduced unemployment, welfare rolls. The stock market has been on a more or less steady increase. Housing prices are up, interest rates are down. Illegal immigration is being addressed. The other members of NATO are beginning to pay their share.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online DB

Reduced Trade deficit, negotiated better trade deals with China, Mexico, Canada. Reduced unemployment, welfare rolls. The stock market has been on a more or less steady increase. Housing prices are up, interest rates are down. Illegal immigration is being addressed. The other members of NATO are beginning to pay their share.

How about:
  • Requiring that health insurance cover preexisting conditions. Covering preexisting conditions negates the very definition of insurance.
  • Saying that for the 25% who can't afford health insurance the government is going to pay for it. Which is just another unearned entitlement.
  • And the elephant in the room is one trillion dollar plus annual deficits when the economy is supposedly booming. Those two details are not compatible with each other. This is destroying our future. This could have easily been foreseen as Trump has been the leverage king all of his business career.
And those are just things that came to mind immediately. There are many more.

Offline verga

How about:
  • Requiring that health insurance cover preexisting conditions. Covering preexisting conditions negates the very definition of insurance.
  • Saying that for the 25% who can't afford health insurance the government is going to pay for it. Which is just another unearned entitlement.
  • And the elephant in the room is one trillion dollar plus annual deficits when the economy is supposedly booming. Those two details are not compatible with each other. This is destroying our future. This could have easily been foreseen as Trump has been the leverage king all of his business career.
And how much of that is the hands of the Congress? Oh yeah most of it. Nice try.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online DB

And how much of that is the hands of the Congress? Oh yeah most of it. Nice try.

So you blame Obama's $10 trillion deficit on congress too right. Poor Trump powerless to do anything. He didn't sign those spending bills or anything did he...

Trump said he was the only one, the great deal maker, that could turn things around. The simple truth is all that partying on the credit card right now is why the "economy is booming". And Trump has little problem spending printed money to make that illusion continue.

And you believed him. Still...

And if he has no power to do anything about these things, massive deficits by far the most important thing, why is it so important he be elected again? After all he's powerless to actually do anything about it you say and it will continue anyway.

Offline Absalom

---------------------------------
Respectfully, Conservatism, developed from the Natural Law, is a body of timeless principles governing conduct involving attitudes, behaviors and sentiments of human nature and independent of economics, politics and religion; as it's wise advocates, among them Burke, Babbitt, T.S. Eliot and Kirk, asserted.
These notions/precepts were birthed by the Ancients and nurtured through the centuries by
Scholasticism, the Renaissance, later the English Whigs who bequeathed this legacy to our Founders.
In our time, this heritage has been forgotten and ignored, as the political assholery that "represents"
plain people are a collection of Buffoons and  Carney-barkers incapable of holding/expressing a simple thought.
Among our first were Adams, Jefferson, Madison and Monroe, while in our time they are Carter, Bush, Clinton and Obama. Trump is more of the latter; a narcissistic and compulsive BS Artist who will say anything, over and over again.
As for his "deals" virtually all are in his own mind rather than factually agreed; including China, NK, Syria, Iran, Venezuela, NATO to name a few.
But remain optimistic because hope springs eternal!

Offline Applewood

Congress put a gun to his head and forced him to sign all those spending spree bills?

Offline verga

---------------------------------
Respectfully, Conservatism, developed from the Natural Law, is a body of timeless principles governing conduct involving attitudes, behaviors and sentiments of human nature and independent of economics, politics and religion; as it's wise advocates, among them Burke, Babbitt, T.S. Eliot and Kirk, asserted.
These notions/precepts were birthed by the Ancients and nurtured through the centuries by
Scholasticism, the Renaissance, later the English Whigs who bequeathed this legacy to our Founders.
In our time, this heritage has been forgotten and ignored, as the political assholery that "represents"
plain people are a collection of Buffoons and  Carney-barkers incapable of holding/expressing a simple thought.
Among our first were Adams, Jefferson, Madison and Monroe, while in our time they are Carter, Bush, Clinton and Obama. Trump is more of the latter; a narcissistic and compulsive BS Artist who will say anything, over and over again.
As for his "deals" virtually all are in his own mind rather than factually agreed; including China, NK, Syria, Iran, Venezuela, NATO to name a few.
But remain optimistic because hope springs eternal!
Got it you are using the liberal Feelings defense. So you got nothing. go shake hands with DB.

Online DB

Got it you are using the liberal Feelings defense. So you got nothing. go shake hands with DB.

And the band played on...

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
How about:

Bump stock ban

Signing two deficit busting budgets.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Nobody thanks President Bush for the policies that led to the most dramatic reduction of the Trade deficit in 2009.