Author Topic: Lindsey Graham insists that the Bidens and Burisma have no place in a Senate impeachment trial  (Read 711 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
December 16, 2019
Lindsey Graham insists that the Bidens and Burisma have no place in a Senate impeachment trial
By Thomas Lifson

I admit that I have been lusting after a long Senate impeachment trial in which the Democrats would be put on trial, particularly Joe Biden’s confession that he bullied Ukraine into firing the prosecutor who was investigating the bribes millions of dollars in director’s fees paid to his degenerate druggie son, Hunter. But it is worth considering whether or not a Senate impeachment trial is the proper venue for getting to the exposure of the corruption.

Senator Lindsey Graham is making the argument that the impeachment trial is the wrong place for the Biden inquiry:

Rush transcript via Grabien:

RUSH TRANSCRIPT:

GRAHAM: “I don’t know where this goes, but I know impeachment will be over soon. I supported the Mueller investigation, by the way, for those who care about domestic Politics. I didn’t know what Trump had done with the Russians. What have I come to believe? There is no collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russians. If you’re not colluding with your own government, why do you think you’re colluding with the Russians? The president is not much of a colluder. So the bottom line here is that Mueller spent two years and $25 million looking at all things Trump and Russia and now we’re impeaching the president of the United States by partisan people, no outside counsel involved. This thing will come to the Senate and it will die quickly and I will do everything I can to make it die quickly.”

REPORTER: “I just wonder how quickly. Let’s do a little bit on procedure. There’s a debate ongoing about how a trial should be held in the Senate, including whether to have live witnesses. You don’t support live witnesses. Why?”

GRAHAM: “I want this to end as quick as possible for the good of the Senate, for the good of the country, and I think the best thing for America to do is get this behind us. We know how it’s going to end so we can focus on the problems we talked about today. If you don’t like President Trump, you can vote against him in less than a year. It’s not like a politician who’s unaccountable if you don’t impeach them. So I think impeachment is going to end quickly in the Senate. I would prefer it to end as quickly as possible. Use the record that was assembled in the house to pass impeachment articles as your trial record. I don’t want to call anybody. I don’t need to hear from Hunter Biden, I don’t need to hear from Joe Biden. We can deal with that outside of impeachment. I don’t want to talk to Pompeo, I don’t want to talk to Pence. I want to hear the House make their case based on the record they established in the house and I want to vote.”

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/12/lindsey_graham_insists_that_the_bidens_and_burisma_have_no_place_in_a_senate_impeachment_trial.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
If Graham really believes that, he should be keeping his mouth shut and using it as a bargaining chip, not giving it to the dems with nothing in return.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline aligncare

Hunter Biden’s monthly “salary” from Burisma was laundered through two European countries before getting to Hunters account.

That’s not how board members of large corporations are normally paid. This deal looks shady because it is.

The Biden’s will have a lot to answer for before this is all over.

Offline bilo

Hunter Biden’s monthly “salary” from Burisma was laundered through two European countries before getting to Hunters account.

That’s not how board members of large corporations are normally paid. This deal looks shady because it is.

I can't help but wonder if the hesitation to call the Bidens as witnesses is more about Senators fearing their families "special" deals getting called into play as well and the entire country becoming aware of how deep the corruption goes in DC.

I'm so sick of this crap where people go to DC with a modest net worth and leave multi millionaires.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Putting the House's impeachment findings and witnesses --- only --- before the Senate is the surest way to prove this was a partisan witch hunt and move this travesty to a motion to acquit.  Don't muddy the impeachment trial waters.  Get this out of the Senate and onto the campaign trail ASAP.

Put Rudy before the Senate Judiciary committee separately and bring the Bidens/Burisma/Ukraine to the front pages this way.

Let Barr and Durham expose the coup participants through the court of law.  Patience is called a virtue for a reason.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 04:51:16 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

I can't help but wonder if the hesitation to call the Bidens as witnesses is more about Senators fearing their families "special" deals getting called into play as well and the entire country becoming aware of how deep the corruption goes in DC.

I'm so sick of this crap where people go to DC with a modest net worth and leave multi millionaires.

There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that if the trial moves beyond a motion to acquit Roberts will approve the testimony of the Bidens, or Schiff, or the Whistleblower --- and Roberts will have total control at this point.  But do count on Roberts to eliminate executive privilege.

I'll say again ... resist muddying the waters of the senate trial with the overwhelming desire to see demonrats bleed.  This is Barr and Durham's job.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

The Biden's should have a lot to answer for, but with Lindsey as head of the judiciary committee, I have my doubts.  As quickly as he wants this all to be over; I suspect he's not innocent and may be indeed why he's pandered to the left in the past.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that if the trial moves beyond a motion to acquit Roberts will approve the testimony of the Bidens, or Schiff, or the Whistleblower --- and Roberts will have total control at this point.  But do count on Roberts to eliminate executive privilege.

I'll say again ... resist muddying the waters of the senate trial with the overwhelming desire to see demonrats bleed.  This is Barr and Durham's job.

:amen:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline aligncare

The Biden's should have a lot to answer for, but with Lindsey as head of the judiciary committee, I have my doubts.  As quickly as he wants this all to be over; I suspect he's not innocent and may be indeed why he's pandered to the left in the past.

The Biden’s influence peddling in Ukraine May not come out in the senate (also a swamp of corruption). But, it will come out before United States Attorney Durham’s grand jury.  wink777

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
The Biden’s influence peddling in Ukraine May not come out in the senate (also a swamp of corruption). But, it will come out before United States Attorney Durham’s grand jury.  wink777

888high58888

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Putting the House's impeachment findings and witnesses --- only --- before the Senate is the surest way to prove this was a partisan witch hunt and move this travesty to a motion to acquit.  Don't muddy the impeachment trial waters.  Get this out of the Senate and onto the campaign trail ASAP.

Put Rudy before the Senate Judiciary committee separately and bring the Bidens/Burisma/Ukraine to the front pages this way.

Let Barr and Durham expose the coup participants through the court of law.  Patience is called a virtue for a reason.

Wise words.  We'd do well to heed them.    Remember that the one most eager to call more witnesses is Chuckie Schumer.  He wants to prolong the Schitt show.   Our goal should be to accept the House's partisan impeachment articles in the form as presented and then bring a motion to dismiss. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline skeeter

333cleo

I’ve come around to agreeing with you on this. Why give the rats and their media toads another minute of airtime.

Offline aligncare

333cleo
I’ve come around to agreeing with you on this. Why give the rats and their media toads another minute of airtime.

I have too. @Right_in_Virginia instincts are right.

Putting up a defense against what are alleged to be crimes gives the charges some unearned currency. Impeachment was a partisan show and these articles are phony and should be slapped down.

As for Trump getting his day in court, he’ll have to settle for a front row seat at Brennan and Comey’s criminal trial.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 09:19:40 pm by aligncare »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If Graham really believes that, he should be keeping his mouth shut and using it as a bargaining chip, not giving it to the dems with nothing in return.

@Snarknado

Lady Lindsey has her eye on the WH,and is going to dance of both sides of the political line as long as she can get away with it. Damn shame someone with a mind that sharp can't seem to settle on which team to play for,ain't it?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Right_in_Virginia   @libertybele  @aligncare  @Jazzhead 

Ok,you guys have convinced me.

Still not sure I trust Graham,though. I still think he is trying to cover his own ass.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

333cleo

:beer:

@Right_in_Virginia   @libertybele  @aligncare  @Jazzhead 

Ok,you guys have convinced me.

Still not sure I trust Graham,though. I still think he is trying to cover his own ass.

We'll keep an eye on Graham  wink777

@sneakypete

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@Right_in_Virginia

I'm with you, too!

...so long as it comes out during the Presidential election campaign season...and in machine-gun fashion.  Not this drip drab crap.

But, it won't.   Even federal law enforcement agencies are afraid to go there with the evidence/video Giuliani claims he has...."Yana-baby"...the whole shebang.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

@Right_in_Virginia

I'm with you, too!

...so long as it comes out during the Presidential election campaign season...and in machine-gun fashion.  Not this drip drab crap.

But, it won't.   Even federal law enforcement agencies are afraid to go there with the evidence/video Giuliani claims he has...."Yana-baby"...the whole shebang.

Methinks the coup plotters will be out in 2020.  This will feed right back into the partisan impeachment, negate the whining from the Schumer brain trust and hopefully grease the skids for taking back the House.

I'd like Rudy to hold off on the dribs and drags for a well-timed mid-2020 publication detailing his findings on Ukraine.  Imagine the President's rallies then -- you know how he loves to go off script with the news of the day :laugh:

There's more than one way to make the democrats eat the shit they've been slinging for four years: Barr/Durham, new Congressional investigations and us on Nov 3, 2020!  I call it the "justice trifecta".

@DCPatriot .   

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Methinks the coup plotters will be out in 2020.  This will feed right back into the partisan impeachment, negate the whining from the Schumer brain trust and hopefully grease the skids for taking back the House.

I'd like Rudy to hold off on the dribs and drags for a well-timed mid-2020 publication detailing his findings on Ukraine.  Imagine the President's rallies then -- you know how he loves to go off script with the news of the day :laugh:

There's more than one way to make the democrats eat the shit they've been slinging for four years: Barr/Durham, new Congressional investigations and us on Nov 3, 2020!  I call it the "justice trifecta".

@DCPatriot .

Listening to Rudy on Shannon Breem tonight, I thought...no way would I get on a plane with all the other 'witnesses' wishing to come to Washington and testify against the entire Obama Administration...that pompous Yavanovitch and how she protected the participated in the corruption.

That plane has a better chance of shaking hands with Jesus than every safely landing in D.C..

I worry about somebody being assassinated.   

And the fact that we've been actually living in a Robert Ludlum novel....Chancellor Manuscript comes to mind, don't anybody tell me I'm overreacting.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

It's gonna be even better than Horowitz and you know how epic that was!!!

Listening to Rudy on Shannon Breem tonight, I thought...no way would I get on a plane with all the other 'witnesses' wishing to come to Washington and testify against the entire Obama Administration...that pompous Yavanovitch and how she protected the participated in the corruption.

That plane has a better chance of shaking hands with Jesus than every safely landing in D.C..

I worry about somebody being assassinated.   

And the fact that we've been actually living in a Robert Ludlum novel....Chancellor Manuscript comes to mind, don't anybody tell me I'm overreacting.

It would clearly be a waste of time.

It's gonna be even better than Horowitz and you know how epic that was!!!

The 17 "mistakes" were referred to Barr before Horowitz released his report.  So, yes, Horowitz's findings are epic.  If you don't believe me, take a measurement of Comey's flop sweat.