Author Topic: South Korea Offers to Buy an Additional $1 Billion in U.S. Weapon Systems  (Read 315 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

South Korea Offers to Buy an Additional $1 Billion in U.S. Weapon Systems

GIKorea | December 14, 2019 | US-ROK Alliance | No Comments

It is looking like the Trump administration’s pressure on South Korea is not only causing them to consider picking up the costs of environmental clean up for closed out U.S. bases, but buy more U.S. weapons systems as well:

In an apparent move to reduce South Korea’s financial contribution to maintaining the 28,500 United States Forces Korea troops here, the government has proposed purchasing up to $1 billion worth of U.S. weapons, officials directly involved with the issue told The Korea Times, Thursday.

“The South Korean team in the defense cost-sharing negotiations suggested a revised proposal to the United States. This included a Korea’s plan to purchase up to $1 billion worth of U.S. weapons by the end of 2020,” one official said.

Read more at: https://www.rokdrop.net/2019/12/south-korea-offers-to-buy-an-additional-1-billion-in-u-s-weapon-systems/

Has to be a victory, "winning", we pressured them some, we get something in return. Good.  And I'm not into us pushing much per weaponry (as said, this is for weapons systems) but at least, this is not from some of the "rogue" type nations that are out there but from South Korea.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 04:57:10 pm by TomSea »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: South Korea Offers to Buy an Additional $1 Billion in U.S. Weapon Systems
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 04:58:29 pm »
North Korea today tested several more missiles today.

If I were South Korea, I'd want to show my People that I was sparing no expense to protect them.

Especially if there are elections coming.   /s

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Question:  Is the POTUS aware and up-to-date on ALL available weaponry in the U.S. Military?   

For example, does he know if we have a 'Space Force' of sorts already?   Capable of dealing with North Korea in an instant?

It would help explain Pres. Trump's  air-of-confidence last year.   

Because he wouldn't hesitate to use it.     
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald