Author Topic: Vulnerable House Democrats counting on lag time between impeachment votes and Election Day 2020  (Read 207 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Vulnerable House Democrats counting on lag time between impeachment votes and Election Day 2020
by Kerry Picket
 | December 14, 2019 12:01 AM

With a House vote on impeaching President Trump looming, Democrats in some of the most vulnerable districts are hoping constituents move on to other issues by fall of next year.

The House Judiciary Committee on Friday approved two impeachment articles, for abuse of power and obstruction of Congress. The full House is expected to vote to impeach Trump next week. Looking to a January trial, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, a Kentucky Republican, has said there is "no chance" his chamber will vote to remove Trump from office.

And that timeline works fine for Democratic House members in districts Trump won in 2016.

“We have a quick news cycle. Things move along pretty fast," South Carolina Democratic Rep. Joe Cunningham told the Washington Examiner. "I think it allows a lot more time to continue working on other things."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/vulnerable-house-democrats-counting-on-lag-time-between-impeachment-votes-and-election-day-2020
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
What other reason could there be for rushing the vote before year end 2019? The optics of an actual election-year impeachment would be much worse.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA