Author Topic: Why the Drug War Can’t Be Won—Cartel Corruption Goes All the Way to the Top  (Read 352 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Why the Drug War Can’t Be Won—Cartel Corruption Goes All the Way to the Top

Corruption charges brought by U.S. prosecutors against a Mexican cabinet member who designed anti-cartel policy expose a huge flaw in the "Drug War": The top guys are bad guys.
Jeremy Kryt
Published Dec. 14, 2019 5:28AM ET

CALI, Colombia—Mexico’s former security minister, who also masterminded that country’s war against the cartels, was arrested last Monday by U.S. officials in Dallas, Texas.

Genaro García Luna stands accused by the U.S. attorney general of accepting millions of dollars from Joaquín “El Chapo” Guzmán while serving as the country’s crime czar.

That’s like Al Capone bribing J. Edgar Hoover to keep the FBI off his back.

Read more at: https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-drug-war-cant-be-won-because-cartel-corruption-goes-all-the-way-to-the-top

We're lucky we could catch this guy, happened to be in the USA. This is why, probably the most feasible solution is to seal up the border and try to make sure nothing gets through, the border, the sea, whatever points of interest they could use.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
We're lucky we could catch this guy, happened to be in the USA. This is why, probably the most feasible solution is to seal up the border and try to make sure nothing gets through, the border, the sea, whatever points of interest they could use.

Most of us realized that almost 20 years ago during W's administration. That IS the reason that Trump was elected. He PROMISED to build a wall and to change immigration and asylum laws.  People wanted their country back and were tired of the BROKEN promises by the GOPe.

As for the cartel corruption going all the way to the top.  The U.S. is not without corruption as far as the war on drugs; our own border patrol is riddled with corruption as well as some of our politicians.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.