Author Topic: Question Regarding Impeachment  (Read 457 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Question Regarding Impeachment
« on: December 13, 2019, 08:05:58 pm »
If the Republicans take back the House can they void the impeachment of Pres Trump?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Question Regarding Impeachment
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 09:05:42 pm »
If the Rs retake the House, they will be seated over a year from now. This farce will be played out by then. Unless the Dems fail in the Senate and double down with new farticles of impeachment. If the Dems somehow prolong this charade such that there are farticles of impeachment pending before the Senate, I'm not aware that the Constitution speaks to your question. Since it is not provided for by the Constitution I do not think the House has the authority to rescind such farticles of impeachment.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 10:02:41 pm »
It's not hard to imagine.  If the Rats keep voting articles of Impeachment after the Senate disposes of the current one (as promised by Schitt), there could easily be an Impeachment waiting to be tried by a new Senate.  Since regular Bills in that condition are discarded, what would this be?  It would not be coming from the same House.

Besides...didn't this happen in 1998?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 10:10:53 pm »
From what I understand, impeachment is similar to indictment.

In an indictment, a grand jury can dismiss the charges only before the indictment.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2019, 10:12:42 pm »
I heard Alan Dershowitz on Mark Levin last week talking about voiding the impeachment. I don't know the mechanism, but it's a thing.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2019, 10:17:08 pm »
I heard Alan Dershowitz on Mark Levin last week talking about voiding the impeachment. I don't know the mechanism, but it's a thing.

That is why I am asking..I have never heard this before.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2019, 02:04:54 am »
First I've heard of it. :shrug:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2019, 02:37:39 am »
From what I understand, impeachment is similar to indictment.

In an indictment, a grand jury can dismiss the charges only before the indictment.

Correct.  Likewise, the Senate can vote to dismiss the charges before the trial begins, but in the end, the defendant still got indicted.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2019, 03:05:13 am »
Well, my two cents. Since the House only has the authority to bring up articles of impeachment and forward to the Senate for trial, I would say 'no'.  Once the Senate makes their determination, it's over.  I don't think he can be impeached a second time under the same articles of impeachment by a new House, nor could the previous articles of impeachment be rescinded.  Perhaps the new Senate majority could overturn their previous decision?

There are many possibilities and I think this President and our country are in a very vulnerable spot. Considering that there is a possibility with the change in recent demographics and redistricting in several states, the DEMS could actually expand their majority in the House and the GOP loose the Senate.  IF that should happen, it is game over anyways and it would only be a short time before the oust Trump.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 04:03:52 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2019, 03:59:32 am »
That is why I am asking..I have never heard this before.
@mystery-ak
@Cyber Liberty
@TomSea
@Once-Ler

"Impeachment is the process of bringing charges against the President. It does not mean he’s guilty or innocent, so there is nothing to appeal or overturn. Kind of like a “grand jury”… It’s a process prosecutors use to determine if they should even proceed to trial."

Dershowitz was speaking about an invalid charge - doesn't meet the language of the constitution - invalid charge could be overturned - he wrote this before the committee had the actual two articles which do meet the requirements of the constitution. 
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 04:06:57 am by Victoria33 »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2019, 02:51:57 pm »
@mystery-ak
@Cyber Liberty
@TomSea
@Once-Ler

"Impeachment is the process of bringing charges against the President. It does not mean he’s guilty or innocent, so there is nothing to appeal or overturn. Kind of like a “grand jury”… It’s a process prosecutors use to determine if they should even proceed to trial."

Dershowitz was speaking about an invalid charge - doesn't meet the language of the constitution - invalid charge could be overturned - he wrote this before the committee had the actual two articles which do meet the requirements of the constitution.

That is your opinion.  Alan Dershowitz opines...differently, as do others who have made those determinations their life's work.   :shrug:  The only opinion that matters is the measly US Senate, and what the heck do they know?  Just a bunch of politicians empowered by the US Constitution to make that decision.  They are not professional Psychologists, so they're just a bunch of blind squirrels.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2019, 07:25:46 pm »
@mystery-ak
@Cyber Liberty
@TomSea
@Once-Ler

Thanks for explaining that so well @Victoria33

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2019, 07:44:38 pm »
The only opinion that matters is the measly US Senate, and what the heck do they know?  Just a bunch of politicians empowered by the US Constitution to make that decision.  They are not professional Psychologists, so they're just a bunch of blind squirrels.
@Cyber Liberty

Graham says the trial with be short.  Trump wants a long trial, kind of like a TV series that goes on and on.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2019, 08:27:09 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Graham says the trial with be short.  Trump wants a long trial, kind of like a TV series that goes on and on.

If 51 Senators sign on, it will be a really short dismissal.  I don't know what they want to do at this point.  Some say a long trial would be good for Trump, some say otherwise, so who knows?  Not my circus.  The only sure thing is the Rats won't get nearly enough Republican Senators to vote to convict, based on the case being presented so far.
I will NOT comply.