Author Topic: DoD Releases Plan to Allow Personnel to Carry Firearms on Base  (Read 384 times)

rangerrebew

DoD Releases Plan to Allow Personnel to Carry Firearms on Base
« on: December 12, 2019, 11:47:17 am »

DoD Releases Plan to Allow Personnel to Carry Firearms on Base

21 Nov 2016
Military.com | By Matthew Cox

The Pentagon recently released detailed guidance that allows U.S. military personnel to carry privately owned, concealed firearms on base, a move that the Army's service chief argued against publicly.

"Arming and the Use of Force," a Nov. 18 Defense Department directive approved by Deputy Secretary of Defense Robert Work, lays out the policy and standards that allow DoD personnel to carry firearms and employ deadly force while performing official duties.

But the lengthy document also provides detailed guidance to the services for permitting soldiers, sailors, airmen, Marines and Coast Guard personnel to carry privately owned firearms on DoD property, according to the document.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2016/11/21/dod-releases-plan-allow-personnel-carry-firearms-base.html

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: DoD Releases Plan to Allow Personnel to Carry Firearms on Base
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 02:07:20 pm »
I don't think this will happen,and if it does,it won't last long.

Generals have always been afraid of armed troops.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2019, 02:10:11 pm »
I don't think this will happen,and if it does,it won't last long.

Generals have always been afraid of armed troops.

Well if the generals don't like armed soldiers on base then they should insist on a muslim ban along with the gun ban.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2019, 03:23:45 pm »
Well if the generals don't like armed soldiers on base then they should insist on a muslim ban along with the gun ban.

@skeeter

NOT going to happen. It might endanger the chances of them getting another star.

BTW,there was a SPECIAL FORCES LTC  that got into trouble back in the 80's for having his SGM drive him to the on-base house of a MSG in his group that had been arrested for drunk driving in Fayetteville,and confiscating/stealing his guns and ammunition,and dumping them all into Mott Lake. He was a reserve LTC from Boston with political connections that went back on active duty after retiring,and despite having never served even one day on active duty with a Special Forces Group,insisted on being given a SF command because it seemed like the quickest route to making General. (The "making General" thing is pure speculation on my part)

IF I remember correctly,he was retired from the Boston police,where he had been a senior officer.

As a LTC that didn't know his ass from a hole in the ground,he was assigned to command the company at Camp Mckall that was basically the Special Forces basic training company. That way he wouldn't be getting anyone killed due to arrogance and ignorance.

Because of his political connections,the LTC wasn't even charged with a crime,but the MSG that was with him was charged with theft and everything else the army could pile on him,and IIRC,busted to Private,and given an undesirable discharge and lost his retirement pay. He hired a civilian lawyer and appealed,and won his rank back as well as some damages money and his retirement pay.

What was the LTC's punishment? He was assigned to command 46 Company in Thailand for one year,and he returned to Bragg as a full Colonel. I stopped working with SFTG shortly before this incident happened,and just heard of him being assigned to 46 company and making full bird from the grapevine afterwards. I am HOPING they went ahead and gave this idiot a star and sent him to the Pentegram,where he could do no further harm while writing his memoirs.

In FACT,it was due to this bleep that I quit working for SFTG as an advisor. i am sure he was going to fire me anyhow,so no big deal.

I had a run in with him at a briefing,he started to run his mouth at me,and I started running at him to kick his ass,and was smothered by NCO's that wanted to keep me out of  jail. I may have told him a few things and given him a few suggestions he wasn't used to hearing before I left,though.

Keep in mind THIS GUY was a senior officer in the US Special Forces,and he didn't even think his senior NCO's should be allowed to have a handgun at home. Not even if they had CCW permits.

BTW,if any of you are ex-SF and can remember this butthole's name,please feel free to post it here. I would like to know it on the off-chance I bump into him again,somewhere.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 03:46:37 pm by sneakypete »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2019, 08:05:48 pm »
Lol. I guess individuals in positions of authority, or those individuals who feel entitled to positions of authority, have a natural aversion to armed untermensch. Even if they happen to be in the military.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2019, 09:18:11 pm »
Lol. I guess individuals in positions of authority, or those individuals who feel entitled to positions of authority, have a natural aversion to armed untermensch. Even if they happen to be in the military.

@skeeter

It has been my experience that asshats like him have actual contempt for "the enlisted swine".

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2019, 09:56:40 pm »
This may better fit in History. 2016 may be too far back to be news, WDYT.